Official 2015 Bruins Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Getting up for Rantanen would likely cost your second round pick, Plus a guy like Subban or maybe Smith. Not worth it to me

In terms of Kyllington, he could go anywhere from 18-40. It all depends on which org loves him. Personally I don't move for him. He has massive bust potential, and even if he makes it I am not sure he becomes the guy we need (strong in his own end). I think there are a lot of guys who will be availble when the Bruins pick who I like more for fitting the Bruins long term need

Kylington to Detroit seems like a perfect match right?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Would probably cost Pastrnak and the Bruins 14th overall to get up to 3 but a Hanifin/Hamilton defensive foundation sets you up and apart from your competition for years

Instead, why don't the B's see what it would take to get up to 9 (SJ) or 10 (COL). I would offer the #14 pick and a Smith for the the #9/#10 and a lesser pick (3rd?).

Then I take Werenski.

He's the last of the three D worth taking in the Top 10. After that there's a fall off and #14 would be too high for any of them.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Instead, why don't the B's see what it would take to get up to 9 (SJ) or 10 (COL). I would offer the #14 pick and a Smith for the the #9/#10 and a lesser pick (3rd?).

Then I take Werenski.

He's the last of the three D worth taking in the Top 10. After that there's a fall off and #14 would be too high for any of them.

Probably pricier than that.

14+Subban for #9 (San Jose)

That's probably going to be the cost of a top 10 pick in this draft. Another first and a top prospect. They desperately need some goalies. We can take Werenski, or if he's gone Rantanen/Zacha/Crouse/etc

I 100% make that trade, Subban won't play much here I have a feeling

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH

That's probably going to be the cost of a top 10 pick in this draft. Another first and a top prospect. They desperately need some goalies. We can take Werenski, or if he's gone Rantanen/Zacha/Crouse/etc

Agree on Werenski.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

I'm all for trading subban but in my opinion he's one of our biggest tradeable assets and definitely worth more than sliding up 5 spots. When we move subban (summer or mid season) it should be for a NHL ready young talent that is cost controlled not to move up 5 spots for someone who might be an NHL talent in a couple years. The draft is still a bit of a crap shoot if you ask me. Plenty of zach hamills (if only we took couture) and Jordan Caron's out there. Other reason I don't make that move is I'm still pretty happy with the guys the Be will have a choice between at 14.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Then I take Werenski.

Red Line has Roy at 11 and Werenski at 12....Roy sounds like his skills are set up nicely for a new age defenseman

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Red Line has Roy at 11 and Werenski at 12....Roy sounds like his skills are set up nicely for a new age defenseman

roy looks like a guy that red line ranks high, but will be drafted lower. i like how kyle and his
guys stick to their guns, regardless of outsider perception. and their list has no bearing on how
the draft will go...so roy's one of those guys who'll end up going a lot later likely.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
roy looks like a guy that red line ranks high, but will be drafted lower. i like how kyle and his
guys stick to their guns, regardless of outsider perception. and their list has no bearing on how
the draft will go...so roy's one of those guys who'll end up going a lot later likely.

yah in this month's RLR he made adjustments for the Russians he had lower that crept into his rankings because of the Russian Factor - hence huge jums to Guryanov the goalie Ilya Samsonov to 23, and Nikolai Chebykin to 45 and others out of the top 50.

the prospect I really like at 14 is Merkley. I know he doesn't play defense but everything I have read, watched, I have good feelings about him.

Sweeney, Bradley, Gretzky and their assembled scouts I have as much confidence in them as any group around to pick players.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
the prospect I really like at 14 is Merkley. I know he doesn't play defense but everything I have read, watched, I have good feelings about him.

i haven't really seen much of merkley, but not really a fan of undersized guys that aren't high end skaters. i know he's not zach hamill, but the scouting report could read similar. what about him do you see that you like so much?

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
yah in this month's RLR he made adjustments for the Russians he had lower that crept into his rankings because of the Russian Factor - hence huge jums to Guryanov the goalie Ilya Samsonov to 23, and Nikolai Chebykin to 45 and others out of the top 50.

Sweeney, Bradley, Gretzky and their assembled scouts I have as much confidence in them as any group around to pick players.

IMO, there will be better options at 14. Meier, Connor, White, Konecny, etc at least 3 of them should be there

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Getting up for Rantanen would likely cost your second round pick, Plus a guy like Subban or maybe Smith. Not worth it to me

In terms of Kyllington, he could go anywhere from 18-40. It all depends on which org loves him. Personally I don't move for him. He has massive bust potential, and even if he makes it I am not sure he becomes the guy we need (strong in his own end). I think there are a lot of guys who will be availble when the Bruins pick who I like more for fitting the Bruins long term need

Jacob Larsson looks like hed be available and would be a fantastic addition

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I would hard on getting picks #16 & 33. If the player Boston wants is possibly available at 16 I would throw Lucic into a deal to make it work.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I would hard on getting picks #16 & 33. If the player Boston wants is possibly available at 16 I would throw Lucic into a deal to make it work.

Throw Lucid into a deal where we already move down to spots into the 1st to acquire a second rounder?

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I like Werenski, and I'd like to see the B's trade up to the 9 or 10 spot if they can get him.

Assuming the B's don't move up, I hope Sweeney is on the phone with Winnipeg when Boston's on the clock at #14 to see if they can trade #14 and #37 for #17 and #25. I'm not sure Winnipeg would go for it, but if there's someone they really like at 14 it'd be worth a shot.

Last edited:

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I like Werenski, and I'd like to see the B's trade up to the 9 or 10 spot if they can get him.

Assuming the B's don't move up, I hope Sweeney is on the phone with Winnipeg when Boston's on the clock at #14 to see if they can trade #14 and #37 for #17 and #25. I'm not sure Winnipeg would go for it, but if there's someone they really like at 14 it'd be worth a shot.

its going to cost a lot to move up in this draft. I was proposing 14th + Subban to SJ for 9th to pick Werenski.

Also, I don't think moving up 3 spots will be enough for WPG to give up that 1st and sliding 12 spots

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
i haven't really seen much of merkley, but not really a fan of undersized guys that aren't high end skaters. i know he's not zach hamill, but the scouting report could read similar. what about him do you see that you like so much?

I am like you on Merkley. Very smart and skilled for Jr. hockey, more of a playmaking winger than sniper, just not 100% sure his game translates to the next level and picking 14 that scares me off of him.
If there are no changes in where the B's pick, I hope Zachary Senyshyn is on the radar for round 2. Real good RW who still managed to score a bunch of goals with the Soo this year despite playing lower on the depth chart with a real strong club.
Good size, good speed, some grit to him, really like his game.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I am like you on Merkley. Very smart and skilled for Jr. hockey, more of a playmaking winger than sniper, just not 100% sure his game translates to the next level and picking 14 that scares me off of him.
If there are no changes in where the B's pick, I hope Zachary Senyshyn is on the radar for round 2. Real good RW who still managed to score a bunch of goals with the Soo this year despite playing lower on the depth chart with a real strong club.
Good size, good speed, some grit to him, really like his game.

This is the second time I've seen Senyshyn's name dropped in this thread. Dom was the first. Very intriguing prospect that looks like he could really break out with a bigger role next year. Has some real good speed.

I'm curious what he Bruins draft board looks like right now. To be a fly on that wall....:nod:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

To me Jeremy Roy is the 4th best D-man in this draft after Hanifin, Werenski, and Provorov. Had a good showing for Canada in the Under 18s.

He does everything well, some things exceptional. He'd be a better grab for the Bruins at the 14th pick than some of the scoring wingers that have been mentioned.

Jeff077

Aug 2, 2005
Perth, Ontario
This is the second time I've seen Senyshyn's name dropped in this thread. Dom was the first. Very intriguing prospect that looks like he could really break out with a bigger role next year. Has some real good speed.

I'm curious what he Bruins draft board looks like right now. To be a fly on that wall....:nod:

Senyshyn played for the Smiths Falls Bears 2 years ago as a 16 year old ( close to me ) and he was very impressive.
The coaching staffed raved about him as a kid and his development the whole season. Played 4 games over Christmas with the Soo then finished the season with the Bears and then moved on.
Size, speed and skill.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Kid has skill to burn, undersized and needs work defensively, his hustle reminds me a ton of one Don Sweeney with Sweeney never having possessed the offensive gifts Roy can bring, not sure I`d take him at 14 though

Saw this kid alot this year, not fun to watch him play when he`s up against the team ya cheer for but...;)

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
So should the Bruins trade up into the 9-10 area or stay put? It looks possible they could land a Werenski or Ratanen at that position.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
So should the Bruins trade up into the 9-10 area or stay put? It looks possible they could land a Werenski or Ratanen at that position.

They can, it's costly, and who knows if a top 10 team even wants to trade back this year. I've proposed 14+Subban for 9 (SJ)

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Everyone is talking about trading up, what about trading down and acquiring another pick or prospect in the process.

It's not like anyone is a sure bet to make the team after the top 5 go is it ?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Everyone is talking about trading up, what about trading down and acquiring another pick or prospect in the process.

It's not like anyone is a sure bet to make the team after the top 5 go is it ?

We need a great pick this year, take the best possible we can.

Too many are saying that there will be a drop after 14th pick and I have no intrest in getting more 3rd liners, this team needs talent or we are in serious danger, draft is the best place for us to do so.

I said before that I'd rather have trade discussions for depth players rather than top6 players in 3 years.

I don't want to give any gifts for other teams, we have the weakest prospect pool in our range and we need this the most. Trade up using smith/subban if possible and grab werenski/rantanen.

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
We need a great pick this year, take the best possible we can.

Too many are saying that there will be a drop after 14th pick and I have no intrest in getting more 3rd liners, this team needs talent or we are in serious danger, draft is the best place for us to do so.

I said before that I'd rather have trade discussions for depth players rather than top6 players in 3 years.

I don't want to give any gifts for other teams, we have the weakest prospect pool in our range and we need this the most. Trade up using smith/subban if possible and grab werenski/rantanen.

Not that I have read the entire thread but it seems like the 14th pick is going to get the Bruins a defenseman...not that we don't need depth there who ever they pick won't crack the line up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad