Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Snapshots from the farm this evening

upload_2020-5-10_22-0-26.png

upload_2020-5-10_22-2-28.png

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So this happened... Q: how does the Tooth Fairy practice social distancing? Could she be an asymptomatic carrier? No, don't worry the Tooth Fairy has magic that kills Covid-19. Then why doesn't she just save everybody else instead of taking our teeth? Doh. :confused: (It only works on herself, of course, otherwise she would).

Easter Bunny passed fine because it was still early enough that all this wasn't part of the vocabulary quite yet.

Is there official doctrine yet? :help:

Reactions: bdub24 and PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So this happened... Q: how does the Tooth Fairy practice social distancing? Could she be an asymptomatic carrier? No, don't worry the Tooth Fairy has magic that kills Covid-19. Then why doesn't she just save everybody else instead of taking our teeth? Doh. :confused: (It only works on herself, of course, otherwise she would).

Easter Bunny passed fine because it was still early enough that all this wasn't part of the vocabulary quite yet.

Fairies are a different species so they are immune to our diseases and don't carry it to humans. Trolls, Gnomes, (Most) Giants, Ents--also immune. Orks, though...they have to be really careful.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I think that Bigfoot is a carrier. That is why there were so many sick people in Washington state at the beginning of this mess. Of course they have a lot of them in Oregon and northern California too. They may be walking around the Bay Area, but the locals just think they are Hippies.

Tennessee has almost as many cases as Washington, but only about 25% as many deaths. Any serious explanation for that difference?

Reactions: PredsV82 and bdub24

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Seriously, I don't know. But I have always been of the mind that to fight diseases you have to play in the dirt some. People in Tennessee are out in the dirt playing, farming, making gardens, spending time at the lake--for 7-8 months of the year! Maybe those in Washington State don't get out in the elements as much and haven't built up a natural ability to fight it off IF you catch it.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Seriously, I don't know. But I have always been of the mind that to fight diseases you have to play in the dirt some. People in Tennessee are out in the dirt playing, farming, making gardens, spending time at the lake--for 7-8 months of the year! Maybe those in Washington State don't get out in the elements as much and haven't built up a natural ability to fight it off IF you catch it.

Or TN is not a Bigfoot hot spot, like Oregon, Michigan and New York.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Or TN is not a Bigfoot hot spot, like Oregon, Michigan and New York.
It is in the area, but not Nashville per se, more in the mountainous areas. Shoot, there's a Bigfoot Sasquatch museum a little over the state line into Georgia and there's a conference up around Gatlinburg.

Ah, the Bell Witch. Anyone ever call 777-7777 as a kid to hear her howl?

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Made a hype reel for Seth Jarvis :) thought you guys might enjoy

If there's a prospect you want covered next let me know!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Like a lot of southeastern states, we have the Skunk Ape here, but it's not nearly as popular as the true local legend Bell Witch.

I associate the Skunk Ape with the Everglades. If you get sick on roller coasters, don't watch this video! I saw NC, LA and AR listed. Why not SC?

If you ever tried walking in a swamp, you can't go anywhere near that fast, due to the suction.

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I associate the Skunk Ape with the Everglades. If you get sick on roller coasters, don't watch this video! I saw NC, LA and AR listed. Why not SC?

If you ever tried walking in a swamp, you can't go anywhere near that fast, due to the suction.

Why cant we get this on 4k HD and maybe a good tranq gun to figure this out? I’d love to think there are mystery species right here in the US.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel for Anton Lundell :)

Let me know what you think! Lundell is one of my fav's from this draft and could be a perfect fit in Nashville

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
New hype reel for Anton Lundell :)

Let me know what you think! Lundell is one of my fav's from this draft and could be a perfect fit in Nashville

"Karhu" is his nickname? I know that means bear in Finnish, because I own a pair of their cross country skis.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
We are in the 1.19 to 1.29 range. Between the oil price war and the drastically reduced demand, I'm surprised it isnt heading even lower

The place that was $1.06 three weeks ago was $1.68 today. I thought that was kind of expensive until I went by $1.99 about 2 miles from home.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The place that was $1.06 three weeks ago was $1.68 today. I thought that was kind of expensive until I went by $1.99 about 2 miles from home.
I finally filled up today, one day shy of my goal. Was wanting to go 2 months on a tank of gas. I had 65 miles still showing as "available" and over a fourth of a tank on the gauge so I could have. But I got a little antsy. It was $1.62 for regular. Lowest I saw it was $1.52.

Reactions: adsfan and bdub24

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
"Karhu" is his nickname? I know that means bear in Finnish, because I own a pair of their cross country skis.

It fits his playstyle :) if you watch him move he's not agile out there, but he's so smart and able to use his frame to his full advantage

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I drank spoiled almond milk and I think it turned to booze

Bitter almonds? What could go wrong!

Bitter almonds contain glycoside amygdalin. ... For reference, each raw bitter almond will produce about 4-9 mg of hydrogen cyanide once metabolized. So a few handfuls of raw bitter almonds are enough to kill you quite swiftly and lesser amounts may cause you other serious health issues such as kidney failure.May 13, 2012

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Bitter almonds? What could go wrong!

Bitter almonds contain glycoside amygdalin. ... For reference, each raw bitter almond will produce about 4-9 mg of hydrogen cyanide once metabolized. So a few handfuls of raw bitter almonds are enough to kill you quite swiftly and lesser amounts may cause you other serious health issues such as kidney failure.May 13, 2012

I'm still alive but the Italians make booze from them.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm still alive but the Italians make booze from them.

My wife, an Italian-American, says Amaretto.

Google says: Amaretto is a liqueur with an almond flavor, but surprisingly, it may or may not contain almonds.

I am a beer or wine drinker, and not too often, so I wouldn't know about liquor in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad