OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Who on here has YouTube TV? I see they have Fox Sports TN so Preds games will be covered, but I'm worried about no Fox Sports South for the Grizzlies.
It should. Their website lists Grizzlies games as being on Fox Sports Southeast and this list says that's included.

Weird, keeps coming up as media.

go to https colon forward slash forward slash thestreamable dot com/live-tv-streaming/youtube-tv/channels

Honestly, I am pretty sure that in advertising there were some for Preds, Grizzlies and Braves branded with FSTN, but it's possible that changed.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I wish my local station would have Live real time analysis and insightful content like this.

Fascinating

upload_2020-7-3_14-23-51.png

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I noticed that yesterday on desktop. Not on mobile. Can't check desktop today because our internet (or the modem) went kaput.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I really need to do the premium account. The ads on mobile are getting worse and worse. I think 50-60% of my screen is freaking ads at this point.

I hate feeling forced into crap like this though so I may just stop using the site. Haven't made that decision yet.

Reactions: bdub24

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I really need to do the premium account. The ads on mobile are getting worse and worse. I think 50-60% of my screen is freaking ads at this point.

I hate feeling forced into crap like this though so I may just stop using the site. Haven't made that decision yet.

Despite the animosity that has built up on here through the pandemic, if it wasn't for the group of posters that I've been interacting with for close to two decades, I'd have quit this site ages ago.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

You know it's only 12 bucks, right?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You know it's only 12 bucks, right?
i think it's more of sites and apps pretty much forcing you to pay to use a functioning version. i will not pay for apps that just spam ads to pay their full price.

12 bucks isn't anything, though. I'll give you that.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I understand your point, but, given that the NHL shut down the individual team message boards, the options for this type of interaction are limited. This isnt just an app, it's a for profit media platform that like every other for profit media platform either has to make money from advertising or subscription fees. Unless you want to take the initiative to create a forum on one of the free hosting sites(which will still have ads, btw) this is about the only option for this kind of discussion. I dont think 1 dollar a month is too much to ask for access to this site sans ads.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I understand your point, but, given that the NHL shut down the individual team message boards, the options for this type of interaction are limited. This isnt just an app, it's a for profit media platform that like every other for profit media platform either has to make money from advertising or subscription fees. Unless you want to take the initiative to create a forum on one of the free hosting sites(which will still have ads, btw) this is about the only option for this kind of discussion. I dont think 1 dollar a month is too much to ask for access to this site sans ads.
Like I said it's less about the cost and more the ridiculousness of it. I need to post a screenshot of my screen just to show how crazy it is. Ads I can get, it's part of the deal, but its gotten to be so many that its almost unusable. Right now the only part of my screen that doesn't have an add is the last 3-4 lines of type in this reply.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Like I said it's less about the cost and more the ridiculousness of it. I need to post a screenshot of my screen just to show how crazy it is. Ads I can get, it's part of the deal, but its gotten to be so many that its almost unusable. Right now the only part of my screen that doesn't have an add is the last 3-4 lines of type in this reply.
I’ve let mine expire and I’m seriously debating giving these weak sauce site runners any of my money. The things they have started to intervene and penalize posters for is petty and stupid.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I’ve let mine expire and I’m seriously debating giving these weak sauce site runners any of my money. The things they have started to intervene and penalize posters for is petty and stupid.
be careful. you may be penalized for saying that lol

I've been dinged over the years for some pretty comical stuff.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It's 100 degrees here in Southcentral NY state. You would think that id hot enough to burn the COVID away.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Despite the animosity that has built up on here through the pandemic, if it wasn't for the group of posters that I've been interacting with for close to two decades, I'd have quit this site ages ago.

We thank you!

I have passed 12 years on this website. That is the longest that I have ever stayed on any website. The Preds fans are wonderful!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It's 100 degrees here in Southcentral NY state. You would think that id hot enough to burn the COVID away.

I was in Syracuse a number of years ago when it was 101 F. It felt awful to be outside for a minute. The dew point must have been 80!

I was in Tucson when it was 111 F. It was like sticking your head in an oven to see if the cookies are done, but you keep it there. We went to Mt Lemon, where it was a mere 90 F. When it went back to being 102 F, it felt like 80 F in Milwaukee.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Is that close to Traverse City?

No. It was near Bangor, which is a little northwest of Paw Paw off of I-94 in SW Michigan.

If you kept going that way from Paw Paw to Bangor, you would end up in South Haven on Lake Michigan, which is straight across from Waukegan, IL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad