OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Highly recommend Freshcetta pizza.

Also, why does it suck to be a good person?

You are such a good person that we are giving the promotion that you earned to the college kid.

We know that you won't mind (or quit).

The nuns at my elementary school used to say "Good deeds are their own reward".

They never said that they were likely to be your only reward.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I haven't seen Fish in awhile! Last I was talking to him, he thought maybe he was taking a job outside of Nashville. Did that ever happen? This would have been 3 years ago I guess. Friend from back when we went skating came into town and about 5 of us met up at Double Dogs. She posted on the other boards as DWFreeze, you may remember her--long blonde hair.
He's still here as far as I know. Ryan could answer better than me.

Reactions: Adz

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Highly recommend Freshcetta pizza.

Also, why does it suck to be a good person?
My favorite of the freezer pizzas are Palermo's Primo Thin and Home Run. Tombstone's Brick Oven Style are good but hard to find.

I don't find that it sucks to be a good person. You're doing the right thing. Ultimately, you have to please you. Bad things happen because it's life. A tornado could ruin your home. A pandemic can completely wreck your life. A random crime can take your loved ones or your possessions away. Has nothing to do with how good you are or doing the right things, really, it's complete chance. You prepare the best you can, but some things are just not something you can prepare for.

The phrase "no good deed shall go unpunished" has an element of truth to it, though. What was the reason for you to do the good deed? Would you do it again? Back 30-35 years ago there was a hurricane in Florida. Our church set up boxes to send. I went to the grocery, spent what was then a large sum on this box of provisions, included a letter wishing the recipients well with my name and address, and took it to the church. This was before you could check your balance online. I'd made a miscalculation in my checkbook and didn't have that much in my account so I paid NSF fees and the recipient never made any sort of gesture of thanks. But I still did the right thing to give AND would do it again. Still, that was when I started adding padding money to my checking account every paycheck. Live and learn.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
My favorite of the freezer pizzas are Palermo's Primo Thin and Home Run. Tombstone's Brick Oven Style are good but hard to find.

I don't find that it sucks to be a good person. You're doing the right thing. Ultimately, you have to please you. Bad things happen because it's life. A tornado could ruin your home. A pandemic can completely wreck your life. A random crime can take your loved ones or your possessions away. Has nothing to do with how good you are or doing the right things, really, it's complete chance. You prepare the best you can, but some things are just not something you can prepare for.

The phrase "no good deed shall go unpunished" has an element of truth to it, though. What was the reason for you to do the good deed? Would you do it again? Back 30-35 years ago there was a hurricane in Florida. Our church set up boxes to send. I went to the grocery, spent what was then a large sum on this box of provisions, included a letter wishing the recipients well with my name and address, and took it to the church. This was before you could check your balance online. I'd made a miscalculation in my checkbook and didn't have that much in my account so I paid NSF fees and the recipient never made any sort of gesture of thanks. But I still did the right thing to give AND would do it again. Still, that was when I started adding padding money to my checking account every paycheck. Live and learn.

I had no idea that you could get Palermo pizza that far from Milwaukee! The HQ is here in Milwaukee.

My wife took their pizza making class before COVID-19 hit.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Where I grew up in Philly, there was a place that served an "Inside Out". Which was a pizza with whatever toppings you want, folded in half and then deep fried. It was the best food item in the world, even if the first bite always unleashed a scalding grease bubble in your face.

isolated-isop.png

photo0jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I had no idea that you could get Palermo pizza that far from Milwaukee! The HQ is here in Milwaukee.

My wife took their pizza making class before COVID-19 hit.
Back when we were in the 2004-05 lockout I listened to the Admirals broadcast quite a bit and Palermo's was one of the sponsors. When I saw these I wondered if that was the SAME Palermo's. Apparently it is! I can only find it at Publix.

Jul 12, 2007
I'm still shocked the South did not invent poutine!
It’s hard to believe that something gravy based didn’t come from around here.
Canadian soldiers who helped us in the rev or civil wars probably took it back north from us.
Was just reading wiki on it, pretty funny. Supposedly Quebec but everybody still argues about it. Montreal restaurants quickly adopted it as slop to feed their staff .... but not the public. Too funny.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2007
Man, you’d think in the south we would have this
When we moved here in 92 there wasn’t a whole lot of international food. Maybe a pizza joint and Chinese place here and there. Mexican wasn’t too findable.
You’re a lifer - did you see it different ?
Today, Nolensville -Dickerson -Bell-Murf is like the UN. Lotta good stuff.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
When we moved here in 92 there wasn’t a whole lot of international food. Maybe a pizza joint and Chinese place here and there. Mexican wasn’t too findable.
You’re a lifer - did you see it different ?

I'm worse, a damned yankee. I lived in Spring Hill during the Saturn days, 2002. There was Mexican joints....and maybe BBQ. Now it's Franklyn South

Jul 12, 2007
I'm worse, a damned yankee. I lived in Spring Hill during the Saturn days, 2002. There was Mexican joints....and maybe BBQ. Now it's Franklyn South
Hey me too as a yank - New Yawk !
But I lived in the burbs in the 60’s, and it was the same as here in the 80’s / 90’s.
Funny as hell, there was ONE Mexican place in the county, and it was literally named “The Mexican Shack”. They did have good food, pottery, and blankets & stuff, so it was fairly good .....

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Hey me too as a yank - New Yawk !
But I lived in the burbs in the 60’s, and it was the same as here in the 80’s / 90’s.
Funny as hell, there was ONE Mexican place in the county, and it was literally named “The Mexican Shack”. They did have good food, pottery, and blankets & stuff, so it was fairly good .....

NH -> TN! -> NY state, or as I call W. Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad