OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Finally saw the comet last night. Had to use binoculars, though. Too much light in my neighborhood

Reactions: Adz

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
2 things on jerseys:

1) Want a $67 legit Adidas gold? Use code Extra25.

https://www.adidas.com/us/predators-home-authentic-pro-jersey/CA7096.html

2) I have a Halloween jersey and am trying to get a name added to the back. When I asked the pro shop months ago they said they only do gold lettering. I want white. Have any of you had some custom naming done at places other than the pro shop? If so I'd appreciate if you could share where you went. Thanks!

Reactions: bdub24

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Ads are driving me nuts and just realized this means my sponsorship ran out. Now I can't find the sponsorship link anywhere. Can anyone point me to where it's located? I can't take this ad barrage any longer.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Anyone watch Cursed on Netflix? I liked it but I like all that period stuff. The Last Kingdom was also a favorite.
I have watched 2 episodes so far. I am going to watch anything with a fantasy element, and certainly any twists on the Arthurian sagas. So I'll watch the rest, and I'll enjoy it. It's kind of B-grade acting and writing so far, but these days the visual effects can help to overcome that, so it's all good.

The era of the 10-episode season is just something that I'm finding more and more trouble with, though. It's ok when you stumble on a show you never watched and can binge however many seasons all at once. But when new shows come along and you clear the 10 episodes in a week or so, and there's another year off before the next 10 episodes... with books I can just stack them up until the set is done and then go at it... with these shows... I have no idea if I'll still subscribe to Netflix next year, say. First World Problems.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've been re-watching Doc Martin on Hulu, Fringe on Prime. Every so often I'll make a foray into something else but these are my main eye targets these days.

If I could visit anywhere in the world, I think it would be Port Isaac in Cornwall, England, where Doc Martin is filmed. If you've ever seen Saving Grace, movie from early 2000's, same place. Not quite "the island" from The Prisoner, but very very cool.

Sorry to hear that, BFC. Is the place of employment less than 15 people?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I've been re-watching Doc Martin on Hulu, Fringe on Prime. Every so often I'll make a foray into something else but these are my main eye targets these days.

If I could visit anywhere in the world, I think it would be Port Isaac in Cornwall, England, where Doc Martin is filmed. If you've ever seen Saving Grace, movie from early 2000's, same place. Not quite "the island" from The Prisoner, but very very cool.

No, I was offered the job yesterday and my MS flaired up my arthritis seizing my left hand shut. And it was with the State of NY. At will state.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I've been watching T.O.T.S, Puppydog Pals, and PJ Masks. It's all Disney Jr, all the time... kids have abandoned Nick Jr altogether. :D

(Did finally get to watch the new Jumani when the kids were both asleep)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I've been watching T.O.T.S, Puppydog Pals, and PJ Masks. It's all Disney Jr, all the time... kids have abandoned Nick Jr altogether. :D

(Did finally get to watch the new Jumani when the kids were both asleep)
After a decade of that, I think I've finally graduated. But I still miss Phineas & Ferb.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We did some work on Paw Patrol, but I think it was just stuff for the website--games and such. We've done quite a bit of that sort of work for Nick Jr. and of course we still do Sesame Street/Sesame Workshop stuff. They've moved away from the show spoofs, which I really liked, but $ is $, right?

My kids/grandkids went through phases. Cartoons then live action. I thought we'd NEVER get rid of Dora and Diego, but I haven't seen them in years now (other than the movie, which Bella and I had to go to). I really liked the Degrassi Next Generation and Radio Free Roscoe years of the early 2000's, but I can't remember what station they were on. I'd actually stop doing my chores or whatever to watch those with the kids.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I loved Fringe. I have been to Boston 10 times, so I would recognize a few of the exterior shots, especially around Harvard or BU. My wife was confused by the parallel universe. She couldn't tell the difference. I told her "look for the different typeface and spellings". "The other universe has zeppelins". "John Kennedy is still alive!"

She liked Dr Walter Bishop. (She also liked John Nobel in Sleepy Hollow.) She was confused by "Fauxlivia". I liked Blair Brown as Nina Sharp because she was so different in this role versus others ones that I have seen her play.

The Prisoner! I am number 2. You are number 6!
I just loved that show and the Avengers with Diana Rigg. I even watched the New Avengers.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I loved Fringe. I have been to Boston 10 times, so I would recognize a few of the exterior shots, especially around Harvard or BU. My wife was confused by the parallel universe. She couldn't tell the difference. I told her "look for the different typeface and spellings". "The other universe has zeppelins". "John Kennedy is still alive!"

She liked Dr Walter Bishop. (She also liked John Nobel in Sleepy Hollow.) She was confused by "Fauxlivia". I liked Blair Brown as Nina Sharp because she was so different in this role versus others ones that I have seen her play.

The Prisoner! I am number 2. You are number 6!
I just loved that show and the Avengers with Diana Rigg. I even watched the New Avengers.
Ooooh, you just told me something I didn't know to look for! I'm still on the first season of Fringe. I can't binge on that one, have to process each show for a few days. John Nobel also played Moreland Holmes on Elementary--a show I absolutely loved. Amazing actor. I think he's my favorite character.

Where is number one?

I think I've mentioned before that before I got my Preds license tag I thought about getting a vanity plate with U R NO 6 on it. :-D TP is available on the Shout Factory TV website in their on demand stuff. No fees.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
What is MS like?

Me (12 hours ago): I can't wait to get to work!

Me (12 hours later): Oh GaWd, I WaNnA dIe! SoMeOnE uNpLuGgEd Me.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
What is MS like?

Me (12 hours ago): I can't wait to get to work!

Me (12 hours later): Oh GaWd, I WaNnA dIe! SoMeOnE uNpLuGgEd Me.

The wife of a former co-worker had the relapsing-remitting type. She was walking around the company picnic one year like nothing was wrong with her. Then I didn't see her for a few years after that.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Been too cloudy since my first night to get a decent view. I'm surprised you could still see it since it's getting farther from the sun. Even with binoculars it wasn't nearly as good as in the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad