League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Shesterkin is such a difference maker. A big part of why we got swept was because he was a rock. Guy is single-handedly keeping the rangers in this game tonight.

Reactions: Calicaps

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Fox was floppin again tonight on the Guentzel jab. I don’t like the Rangers at all.

They got three power plays in the 3rd…have to think CAR will get one in OT if they call anything

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Orlov gets my support. OG supporter right here. When no one believed in him, I did.
Dude, you got some mescaline in your mead tonight. Orlov was loved here - notwithstanding the occasional pizza. His ability to play with pace was always appreciated, and his shot was a bomb.

But I’m with you - go Orlovs (even though nacho-ing Kuzy diminishes the entertainment value).

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Dude, you got some mescaline in your mead tonight. Orlov was loved here - notwithstanding the occasional pizza. His ability to play with pace was always appreciated, and his shot was a bomb.

But I’m with you - go Orlovs (even though nacho-ing Kuzy diminishes the entertainment value).
he's has been indulging in a lot of "I told you so's" lately, whether true or not.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Have to consider the Rongos easy Cup faves now. Just need to flop a little more.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don’t see an East team beating these West teams. So I’m not really worried which of the 4 Eastern teams I don’t like, winning.
I think Oettinger may be the only goalie out West that matches up well enough with NYR potentially , though. COL/EDM don't have that guy. Demko's status is unclear and even if he's available I still have a hard time taking VAN seriously yet. COL/EDM would need their stars to carry them, which is certainly possible but I'm not sure their depth mix is minimally strong enough.

Florida could match NYR but need to get their game in order quick. Boston could maybe make it interesting but don't seem deep enough.

If Dallas can manage to avoid a bloodbath against Colorado I like their chances. They've got the main components, defense and depth anyway.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Fox was floppin again tonight on the Guentzel jab. I don’t like the Rangers at all.

They got three power plays in the 3rd…have to think CAR will get one in OT if they call anything
That was a joke. Fox is a great player obviously, but he acts like he’s made of balsa wood and then has the healing factor of Wolverine. If you’re going to give him a little pop to the face you might as well make it hard enough to bust his nose or something, because he’s going to act like it did no matter what and will get the call.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I think Oettinger may be the only goalie out West that matches up well enough with NYR potentially , though. COL/EDM don't have that guy. Demko's status is unclear and even if he's available I still have a hard time taking VAN seriously yet. COL/EDM would need their stars to carry them, which is certainly possible but I'm not sure their depth mix is minimally strong enough.

Florida could match NYR but need to get their game in order quick. Boston could maybe make it interesting but don't seem deep enough.

If Dallas can manage to avoid a bloodbath against Colorado I like their chances. They've got the main components, defense and depth anyway.
If the Rags play the Avs the fact that Georgiev is in goal will make things very interesting.

I learned last week that calling them the "Rags" is insulting. But I don't care and will just double down and call them that even more. f*** the Rags and their fans

Avs are doing their thing. 3 goals down and they just flip a switch and score 3 to tie it up.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

I dunno. Colorado and Edmonton are something else. They’d be an amazing series were they to play each other. Some fun bandwagon hockey!

The Rags are alright, but I don’t think they have the horsepower to beat either Col or Edm.

Dallas is a good match up for them, IMO. Like Carolina. Good teams w a lot of good players, but not quite as good as the Rags are.

Vancouver is playing on borrowed time, I’m afraid. I prob like them the most, as a fan, of who is left, but…..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad