OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
honestly, you're better off buying the fresh baked grocery store raisin bread. it's a lot better when it's fresh, you only get a few days less than what you'd normally get if you spend ****ing 9 bucks for the stuff on the shelf, and you can leave it out overnight and have raisin bread french toast.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yeah, anything you buy at a convenience store is going to be 3 times higher than if you bought it at a supermarket.

You sound like the lady that goes to the supermarket with $150 worth of coupons and make people stand in line behind you for an hour while the cashier scans them all lol. :handclap::laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You sound like the lady that goes to the supermarket with $150 worth of coupons and make people stand in line behind you for an hour while the cashier scans them all lol. :handclap::laugh:

I'm not a big coupon person, but it's mesmerizing when you see someone live with a cart packed to the gills and they end up paying only $5 bucks for everything once all the coupons are scanned.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I went with my friend and his wife to wal mart and somehow they got like maybe 10-20 items for under $5 cuz she had just a lot.........A LOT of coupons.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
New England is a pretty wide swath. Any more info about where specifically?

Not really specifically but I'm very into Meteorology and it's a large band coming east moving pretty fast.

Courtesy of the weather channel website:

"As the cold front marches toward the Eastern seaboard, a band of rain and thunderstorms along the front is expected to intensify Monday afternoon as strong low-level winds overspread the region and the storms move into an environment with high dewpoints (atmospheric moisture). This combination will be favorable for damaging wind gusts to develop with some of these storms. An embedded spin-up tornado cannot be ruled out in this situation.

This activity is expected to sweep east into western New England by early this evening before starting to weaken farther east."

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
it' the rest of that tropical depression.

its about to get wet.

It's also the former snow storm that apparently dropped 4 feet of snow in some parts of South Dakota, I'm not sure if they combined with each other but it looks pretty severe on the radar.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
It's also the former snow storm that apparently dropped 4 feet of snow in some parts of South Dakota, I'm not sure if they combined with each other but it looks pretty severe on the radar.

whew. cool, didnt know that!!!

Just heard from a cute friend in CT who says it's pouring.
Not sure if its the same weather front...

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
316674_2352704409856_19450231_n.jpg

My turn -

I see the tree as a parent, either one, sad that their child has left the nest. They see their mortality, the winding down, to say, of their life - yet they are proud of their little one, taking the big step of leaving to start their own path.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
whew. cool, didnt know that!!!

Just heard from a cute friend in CT who says it's pouring.
Not sure if its the same weather front...

No rain here but it is getting darker.

I hope it holds off long enough for me to get my walking done.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Shouldn't be too extreme except for western areas of New England. The leading edge will have the most fierce wind gusts/heavy downpours but is supposed to die out as it moves eastward.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Robert Frost quoted in our forum? Man, we Bruins' fans sure are classy!

One of the great American voices ...I dunno, was just the first thing that hit me. Then again I spent all last weekend in VT so maybe just more attuned to my inner hippie.

Marshmont brings out the class in all of us. <*>

I'm afraid to say this because otherwise it was a nice thing to say, but if that's the case, then we are collectively ****ed :laugh:

It's true. He's such a classy guy that he holds his pinky up when he's taking care of his business...:naughty:

That's not my pinky.

:naughty:

:(

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Don't worry. That wasn't my bellybutton you were putting your pinky into...:naughty:

A. Who sticks a bellybutton? If that's part of the program at your house I'm shocked you managed to procreate.

B. If that's not your bellybutton, someone's due for a bleaching.

C. just don't cross the swords. I'm game for anything....but I wont do that. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad