OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

Don't know about that, but my friend's mantra is college was that 5 twos make a ten.

patrick-kane-cinco-de-mayo-624x868.jpg

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I hate you all.

I did a kegstand once with Rolling Rock. I also hate Rolling Rock.

:laugh:

I didn't mean to start the great OT beer debate of '13. I caught it earlier and knew I had to tell Kate, then figured I'd fill in the rest of you.

Yuengling's decent, I wouldn't say no if one sidled up to me. In a pinch I'd take Coors over Bud, but not really a big beer kinda guy.

Give me anything with whiskey or rum any day of the week and several times on Sunday.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
You do realize that keg stands are a scam to get other people to do it and look foolish, right?
more like a scam to get drunk girl's shirts over their heads.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: When he does it it makes me want to get up real quick and go take the toilet paper out of the bathroom.

cmon, women really dont want a heads up?
So you can either :

1) sneak into the bathroom first so you dont have to go AFTER
2) avoid the bathroom hallway all together

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Good job, NFK! Love how you did the bump against the glass after the shot, ha. :handclap:

Hey, can we start a beer thread? I am always looking for good new beers to try, especially local breweries. Whenever I travel, I always ask to try local beers. I do like Yuengling from my many trips to Gettysburg and I'm stoked it's coming to MA.

I took my dad and brother to Gettysburg last May and we visited the Appalachian Beer Company in Harrisburg for lunch. We each had a different beer and I brought home a variety 12 pack. Pretty good.

My dad lives on the Cape and we've gone to the Cape Cod Brewing Company a few times, bought a growler of Cape Cod Red. I also like their Summer Blonde. Their Harvest is out now and next time I'm down I have to bring the empty growler for a refill.

I like a lot of the Long Trail beers too. In my fridge now, I have some Double Bag, I also like the original ale and the IPA.

I can't believe I never tried Sam Octoberfest until this month. My brother and I were late for opening night at the Garden because I had to work late and so we grabbed hotdogs instead of eating out. I didn't want Bud, so I bought us both a Sam Octoberfest. Good enough that I picked up some of those as well.

I can't drink hard stuff unless it's in a frou frou glass. /old lady When I was in school, back in the dark ages, we always drank beer. :cheers:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Good job, NFK! Love how you did the bump against the glass after the shot, ha. :handclap:

Hey, can we start a beer thread? I am always looking for good new beers to try, especially local breweries. Whenever I travel, I always ask to try local beers. I do like Yuengling from my many trips to Gettysburg and I'm stoked it's coming to MA.

I took my dad and brother to Gettysburg last May and we visited the Appalachian Beer Company in Harrisburg for lunch. We each had a different beer and I brought home a variety 12 pack. Pretty good.

My dad lives on the Cape and we've gone to the Cape Cod Brewing Company a few times, bought a growler of Cape Cod Red. I also like their Summer Blonde. Their Harvest is out now and next time I'm down I have to bring the empty growler for a refill.

I like a lot of the Long Trail beers too. In my fridge now, I have some Double Bag, I also like the original ale and the IPA.

I can't believe I never tried Sam Octoberfest until this month. My brother and I were late for opening night at the Garden because I had to work late and so we grabbed hotdogs instead of eating out. I didn't want Bud, so I bought us both a Sam Octoberfest. Good enough that I picked up some of those as well.

I can't drink hard stuff unless it's in a frou frou glass. /old lady When I was in school, back in the dark ages, we always drank beer. :cheers:

There was one a couple months back. Full disclosure, I'm not a big beer guy so a lot of it went over my head, frankly....but it seemed pretty full of info and discussion for brewheads.

EDIT: Beer thread.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Got some good suggestions from that thread. :)

My son is going to Austria next summer for doctorate research. Any good brews for him to try on a grad student salary?

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I just had Naked Dove's Harvest Ale here at the conference hotel. Paired very well with the (semi-spicy) three meat chili they had (elk, boar and venison).

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Sitting at Hilltop crushing bud lights waiting to be seated.

End of an era <3

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I hate you all.

I did a kegstand once with Rolling Rock. I also hate Rolling Rock.

I think I love you...

Sitting at Hilltop crushing bud lights waiting to be seated.

End of an era <3

Then I questioned my love when you drank Bud Lights

Drinking Skye and Fresca (someone said we should call this a Greyhound?) and hoping for a Sox comeback...not looking good.

I am thinking about going back and watching the series "Strike Back" on Cinemax from the beginning, anybody watch it?

Also has anybody tried the Harpoon Pumpkin yet? Want to get some, but I have only seen 12 paks so far and didn't want to get more than a 6 in case I didn't like it.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
My personal fave is BBC Steel Rail, good all year round, but I had two pretty good German wheat beers recently at the Yardhouse, Franziskaner and Weihenstephan (oldest brewery in the world supposedly). Not a huge German beer fan, but both of these were really good. The Bouncing Betty Blonde was very good also.

The OT'ers let this one slide by? Must have been off their game today. :laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Yuengling - Noun

Pennsylvanian for Yak Urine

I speak Pennsylvanian. This is a falsehood. :cheers:
Most of the folks I hang out with drink "lager," as we call it (Yuengling implied) or Dickel, which has become more coveted since our state stores (liquor stores) no longer carry it.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
"It'll be alright, when the morning comes...
Just in passin, I'm not asking that you
be anyone but you...."

WAVES-X2.jpg

(c)Sumkoviphotography

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad