OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Bottle_case.jpg

Looks kind of grimy but I was just referring to Steel Reserve so I can't hate.

if you read up on the on the company you cannot help but admire them, they're the oldest brewery in the country (i believe) and they made a lager that even people who aren't too into beers can drink without issue (see Glorydaze :))

They add alot of corn in their beer (which is actually a Maize) which replaces alot of the barley taste - I believe Blue Moon does the same. This is why you need to add an orange slice to blue moon to have flavor :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
My personal fave is BBC Steel Rail, good all year round, but I had two pretty good German wheat beers recently at the Yardhouse, Franziskaner and Weihenstephan (oldest brewery in the world supposedly). Not a huge German beer fan, but both of these were really good. The Bouncing Betty Blonde was very good also.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
if you read up on the on the company you cannot help but admire them, they're the oldest brewery in the country (i believe) and they made a lager that even people who aren't too into beers can drink without issue (see Glorydaze :))

They add alot of corn in their beer (which is actually a Maize) which replaces alot of the barley taste - I believe Blue Moon does the same. This is why you need to add an orange slice to blue moon to have flavor :laugh:

Only noobs need to put an orange slice in their Blue Moon to taste it...

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
When I was leaving Boston, rolling rock seemed to be the new cheap pitcher beer of choice for bars.

Bud Light was apparently too fancy. "Yo kid son, I'm wicked irish because I drink bud light out of green aluminum bottles with Celtics logos on them".

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
indeed.

Big Beer Brands, trying to infiltrate the craft brew scene buy smacking a different label on their beer and pretending its "in"

I have been into buying singles lately. Wife and I usually pick up a 6 pack of singles on Fridays. She gets the porters, I get the IPA's, split the wheats. Not a bad deal.

Plus you get to try a whole bunch of different beers without getting a 6 pack.

member 96824

Ice cold on a hot summer day it isn't bad - once it gets above 35/40 degrees it's pretty gross. But you get what you pay for there.

Yuck yuck yuck. I will never put rolling rock into my body. Bud light? Sure, if its a night out or whatever...but rolling rock, nasty.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
All this beer talk is hilarious to me. Sack up and drink something with a little more kick like vodka, FFS. Bunch of babies talking about Bud Light. That stuff is pisswater. If you're going to go slumming and drink been though, the discussion starts and ends with Guinness.

member 96824

All this beer talk is hilarious to me. Sack up and drink something with a little more kick like vodka, FFS. Bunch of babies talking about Bud Light. That stuff is pisswater. If you're going to go slumming and drink been though, the discussion starts and ends with Guinness.

Oh dont get me wrong, big fan of rum or gin. Vodka depending on the day.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
If a macro is anything more than $3, not worth it. But I was a sucker for a good deal on a pitcher. Plus, when its $7, you buy the 1st pitcher then drink for free haha.

free pitchers? donde esta?

Yuck yuck yuck. I will never put rolling rock into my body. Bud light? Sure, if its a night out or whatever...but rolling rock, nasty.

i'm reminded of a line by a comedian (name eludes me) but ..." you've got to nail 4 to appreciate an 8..." or something like that.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I hate you all.

I did a kegstand once with Rolling Rock. I also hate Rolling Rock.

member 96824

I hate you all.

I did a kegstand once with Rolling Rock. I also hate Rolling Rock.

Good to see you too sweetheart haha.

Excited for PJ? My brother went last night, said it was incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad