OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The Red Sox refuse to extend the lease of another Fenway bar

79175156_10219427895180776_3278731875752869888_o.jpg

Another massive Fenway-area sports bar is shutting its doors.

Weeks after Tony C’s on Boylston Street closed, The Baseball Tavern announced on Facebook on Thursday that the multilevel bar — popular among millennials, college students, and Red Sox fans alike — is closing.

“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the soon closure of The Baseball Tavern,“ the Facebook post said. “Since 1963, we have been a Fenway tradition, serving up fun, smiles, and cold beer to our loyal customers. It has been a fantastic journey and wouldn’t have been possible without the support of our family, loyal customers, friends, and dedicated employees. We are very grateful to everyone who has supported us over the years. We wish you all the best life has to offer, and please stay tuned for future developments. Goodbyes are not forever!”

~Jimmy Rooney and Staff

My dad worked there for over 30 years. It’s like a part of my childhood is dying and I’m pretty sad about it. Sundays in the offseason at the old location I’d go in with my dad( while it was closed) and pretend to make drinks with the soda hose and play all the games for free. He’s been gone for a few years now but I know he would be shedding a tear today. Very sad personally for me. Wish Jimmy all the best with his other endeavors.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Welp....
Just mixed a gallon of IC Gavilyte-G.
Colonoscopy tomorrow a.m..
No food from last night until tomorrow after procedure.
At 2:00 today commence mission ‘down the hatch and run like hell’.

I’m only 45, but I’ll bet tickets to a Bruins game that I’ve had more colonoscopies than anyone on here.

I’ve had a GI condition that has required numerous colonoscopies since I was 13, and it’s not fun. What I CAN say is that the prep for colonoscopies has evolved considerably for the better since 1988 and are far more humane than I remember from my childhood.

I will never ever forget the first time I prepped for a colonoscopy. Horrible.

Wishing you an uneventful test, and favorable results, @Gee Wally.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Have an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow. I'm bored with my current style but every time I search for something new, the pictures fall in one of these categories:
  1. Bizarre styles that look like Gritty invented them
  2. A cute style that would totally work.... if I had my stylist fix it every morning
  3. The same style I already have

Sigh.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Have an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow. I'm bored with my current style but every time I search for something new, the pictures fall in one of these categories:
  2. A cute style that would totally work.... if I had my stylist fix it every morning

Sigh.
I feel you. I’m currently in the hair cut regret phase. It looks fine but I’m annoyed at all the little fly away pieces.

I wish my hair curled because it would be a game changer. Sadly, I’m stuck with straight hair with no volume.

first world girl problems

Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I feel you. I’m currently in the hair cut regret phase. It looks fine but I’m annoyed at all the little fly away pieces.

I wish my hair curled because it would be a game changer. Sadly, I’m stuck with straight hair with no volume.

first world girl problems
I sometimes think we really are related :laugh:

The only time my hair was ever curly was during the heyday of 80s perms that stunk to high heaven for three straight days :help:

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I sometimes think we really are related :laugh:

The only time my hair was ever curly was during the heyday of 80s perms that stunk to high heaven for three straight days :help:
Haha. It’s possible lol..

Even perms wouldn’t stay in my hair. So much torture on the senses for nothing.

Crazy stuff.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Sigh.
Pixie cut for the win....

Except for my 80's big Hair concert days I've worn this style since high school...ever so often I want curls but my hair grows so fast it's s waste...

Think a very poor, no talent, Judi Dench....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Pixie cut for the win....

Except for my 80's big Hair concert days I've worn this style since high school...ever so often I want curls but my hair grows so fast it's s waste...

Think a very poor, no talent, Judi Dench....
I don't mind cutting my hair shorter, but I don't think I could do Pixie short.

Reactions: eightspokedb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille