OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Just made the decision to pay off the last couple G’s on my last remaining student loan.

I know I’ve lost a little bit of weight since cutting out soda, but I feel 100 pounds lighter this afternoon. No more car loan or student loans for this guy. Merry Xmas to myself!

There is definitely something about paying that last installment for sure. This past May I paid the final installment of a $ 250,000 debt that nearly sank the business...talk about a mountain being lifted off your shoulders. I'm sure paying off that student debt feels the same way to you!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2019-12-13_15-6-21.png

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Have an appointment to get my hair done tomorrow. I'm bored with my current style but every time I search for something new, the pictures fall in one of these categories:
  1. Bizarre styles that look like Gritty invented them
  2. A cute style that would totally work.... if I had my stylist fix it every morning
  3. The same style I already have

Sigh.
I've kept my hair short since my ROTC orientation in Aug 1988. But haven't cut it since my last haircut before the wedding in June. Now I'm in the "what the hell do I do with it now" phase. I want to be able to style my hair, I just don't know how, since I've basically had on hairstyle for 30 years. I think I'm gonna let @Kovi 's stylist have a go with my mop.

Reactions: BMC

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I am looking forward to the feeling of some debts going away. having to wait til 2021 though - but that will be a good year. That year, the youngest turns 23 and I get to stop paying "child support" for a kid who's almost never under her roof (Massachusetts absolutely screws divorced dads), then he graduates college, and I stop paying both his tuition and his rent (my portion anyway), then my car is paid off. It will be like getting a whole 'nother paycheck every month. Can't wait for that.

On a different note, my oldest is out for a few days visiting, and we went to TopGolf last night - SO MUCH FUN!. Then we went golfing today. Little bastard rented clubs and wore just his sneakers on a wet course, and still was 1 under. I haven't played in about 2 years, so it was just good to swing the sticks. Had more good shots than bad too, which was a nice surprise.

Gonna finish off his visit with dinner at the little French bistro that's quickly becoming one of our favorite places .

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wally, I gotta ask....Everything come out allright? :naughty:

Edit - Reading through the thread, looks like I was a little late to the party...

Oooof.
Not a pleasant 24 hours.
Just waking up now. Groggy as hell.

But great news - first time for me - no polyps.
Last 3 times I had precancerous polyps removed.
Just gotta take it slow tomorrow and thats that.

Should be good now for four or five years.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Just made the decision to pay off the last couple G’s on my last remaining student loan.

I know I’ve lost a little bit of weight since cutting out soda, but I feel 100 pounds lighter this afternoon. No more car loan or student loans for this guy. Merry Xmas to myself!

Awesome,my wife and I have had NO debt,loans,car payments,mortgages,LOCs for about 8 years. That's freedom.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Oooof.
Not a pleasant 24 hours.

I was going to visit you but a car with the license plate LSCII cut me off....He was blaring Barry White, so hoping they didn't let him near you..

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I feel you. I’m currently in the hair cut regret phase. It looks fine but I’m annoyed at all the little fly away pieces.

I wish my hair curled because it would be a game changer. Sadly, I’m stuck with straight hair with no volume.

first world girl problems

I had a great hair cutter, but she got another job...She did offer to cut my hair at her house once a month but figured that wasn't something I should run by the Mrs....so I go to Sports Clips. Holy crap do I get the worst haircuts now. Came out this time looking like an old monk with Lloyd Christmas bangs....plus there is always someone new there cutting...I've never had the same person twice. Thankfully I'm not single.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Awesome,my wife and I have had NO debt,loans,car payments,mortgages,LOCs for about 8 years. That's freedom.

That’s wild right there. I still have around 220 on a 2-family with 40k spent and 40k available on a heloc. House would sell for close to 400 tomorrow if i listed though.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had a great hair cutter, but she got another job...She did offer to cut my hair at her house once a month but figured that wasn't something I should run by the Mrs....so I go to Sports Clips. Holy crap do I get the worst haircuts now. Came out this time looking like an old monk with Lloyd Christmas bangs....plus there is always someone new there cutting...I've never had the same person twice. Thankfully I'm not single.
I used great clips for years and it was okay for the price....cheap. finally got tired of coloring my own hair and wanted to do something different style-wise so I found a great salon a year and a half ago. I now spend what I consider an obscene amount of money on hair styling but at least I look fantastic. (Ha!!!)

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
My heart too big and I keep on doing dumb shit like helping the wrong people.

Ex kept crying to me she needs her phone bill paid cuz she has a new job and not having a phone # would make her look unprofessional she swears up and down she will pay me back with interest. $100. That was like late October.

She said she would pay me back this week. I ask today she says I must be hard up. Starts talking shit and saying no need to txt me anymore I have ur FB I can send ur $$$ that way

This infuriates and enrages me to the highest extent. Not only that but she asked me to go with her the day before Thanksgiving so she could finish up shopping. At the check out it was OMG I forgot my card so WHO paid for a good portion of her Thanksgiving meal? ME

Ungrateful ass user bitch.......................All the shit I have done for her and her children.....................Hope she never txt me again. Just will tell her homeless ass(shes living with a friend but Im hard up LMAO) to go ask one of her kids fathers or one of her friends she always brags about.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My heart too big and I keep on doing dumb **** like helping the wrong people.

Ex kept crying to me she needs her phone bill paid cuz she has a new job and not having a phone # would make her look unprofessional she swears up and down she will pay me back with interest. $100. That was like late October.

She said she would pay me back this week. I ask today she says I must be hard up. Starts talking **** and saying no need to txt me anymore I have ur FB I can send ur $$$ that way

This infuriates and enrages me to the highest extent. Not only that but she asked me to go with her the day before Thanksgiving so she could finish up shopping. At the check out it was OMG I forgot my card so WHO paid for a good portion of her Thanksgiving meal? ME

Ungrateful ass user *****.......................All the **** I have done for her and her children.....................Hope she never txt me again. Just will tell her homeless ass(shes living with a friend but Im hard up LMAO) to go ask one of her kids fathers or one of her friends she always brags about.

What's that old adage? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me? Seems to me that she knows you'll step up if she cries poor. Even if you're doing it because you're trying to be nice, some people in this world are just takers and will drain you for whatever you can provide. While it's hard to do, my suggestion would be to not be so willing to take care of her and her problems for her next time. Think of it this way, if you got stiffed out of a couple hundred dollars, it's money well spent to get a person that's using you out of your life.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Oooof.
Not a pleasant 24 hours.

Good news- you may be good for 10 years. YMMV

Reactions: BMC and Gee Wally
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad