OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Actually, I'm pretty darn close to done. The only negative with being done with my kids so early is that I keep seeing additional stuff I think they would like.
and then there is the Arizona post office still to be reckoned with:darth:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I actually started my holiday shopping for once which is surprising.

I was talking to my mom last night and mentioned how we really need a second fridge for the basement and extra storage because we entertain a lot. (see -Thanksgiving haul - and the damn turkey isn’t even in there)

02CCD7F5-1D06-40EF-BD98-22D730DE847E.jpeg

She agreed and I said it was “on the list”. Then she offered to buy it for us as an early Christmas present and it was basically like she offered me the moon and the stars.

Oh, homeownership. What a joy. Get excited about gifted appliances.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

I was talking to my mom last night and mentioned how we really need a second fridge for the basement and extra storage because we entertain a lot. (see -Thanksgiving haul - and the damn turkey isn’t even in there)

View attachment 282773

She agreed and I said it was “on the list”. Then she offered to buy it for us as an early Christmas present and it was basically like she offered me the moon and the stars.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you guys eat a fair amount of eggs.....

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

View attachment 282773

Yep, a second fridge is a must depending on the style of cooking. We downsized from house to condo, sold lots of stuff, but we made sure to have enough room in the kitchen for the second fridge.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've bought gifts for my sister and niece, still have to find out what mom & nephew want. I haven't stared on stocking stuffers yet, in some ways they're more fun to buy than the gifts :gift:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Yep, a second fridge is a must depending on the style of cooking. We downsized from house to condo, sold lots of stuff, but we made sure to have enough room in the kitchen for the second fridge.
We factored in a niche for a (full-size) “beverage fridge” when we built our addition. And it’s next to our beverage closet.

P.S. thanks for the fresh thread @Fenway!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We factored in a niche for a (full-size) “beverage fridge” when we built our addition. And it’s next to our beverage closet.

P.S. thanks for the fresh thread @Fenway!

When we did our addition we built our beer fridge into the design. The contractor thought we were nuts.

Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
We're going to Disney for Christmas so aside from picking up the tab for lunch or a snack while traversing the parks, I don't have any gifts to buy.

I do need to buy a birthday gift for my mom and co-worker who share a birthday. Thinking a gift card for mom and wine for my coworker.

We only have 4 for Thanksgiving this year. I love a low key turkey day

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I've bought gifts for my sister and niece, still have to find out what mom & nephew want. I haven't stared on stocking stuffers yet, in some ways they're more fun to buy than the gifts :gift:

Nice, have a terrific jump on my shopping too, I have set aside this coming Monday as my day to get er done so I can then sit back and enjoy the rest of December without the stresses of shopping

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We're going to Disney for Christmas so aside from picking up the tab for lunch or a snack while traversing the parks, I don't have any gifts to buy.

I do need to buy a birthday gift for my mom and co-worker who share a birthday. Thinking a gift card for mom and wine for my coworker.

We only have 4 for Thanksgiving this year. I love a low key turkey day

Turkey Day is just Mom and me, sister & kids are coming over in the evening for dessert (apple pie & ice cream cake ftw!)

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

View attachment 282773

Where the Yuengling at?

Reactions: sooshii

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
See, too much of a good thing is indeed no good.

I feel left out, I have one fridge, no beer fridge, and the one I have is basically 1/4 full lol.
See, this post implies that Yeungling is a "good thing". I hadn't had it since college, then got a six pack while down in Philly looking at schools with my oldest (OMG, that was 8(!!!) years ago!). Maybe I got a bad six, but it was not at all good like I remember. But considering the level of beer I drank in college, I may not have been playing on an entirely level field. :laugh:

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm struggling with a bad back. It seized up on me Saturday while reffing, and hasn't eased up really at all. I saw my chiroprator yesterday, and it helped...until this morning, when it was just as bad as before. God bless @Kovi, who has been really supportive and helpful.

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ok so this is mostly on me but today I went to take my 2017 Toyota (in NH) to get an inspection sticker and went to a 'towny' looking shop because yes it has a broken tail light, knowing most chain garages would fail it because of that.

Anyway, I go inside and the owner does a walk around of my car and says ok (didn't mention anything about my broken tail light) can I have the keys? I give him my keys and he drives my car into his garage... 10 minutes go by and he comes out telling me it failed because of the broken tail light, AND still charged me $40. You'd think a genuine human being after doing a full walk around of my car would tell me right off the bat that it wouldn't pass, instead of playing dumb and going thru the whole inspection procedure

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Ok so this is mostly on me but today I went to take my 2017 Toyota (in NH) to get an inspection sticker and went to a 'towny' looking shop because yes it has a broken tail light, knowing most chain garages would fail it because of that.

Anyway, I go inside and the owner does a walk around of my car and says ok (didn't mention anything about my broken tail light) can I have the keys? I give him my keys and he drives my car into his garage... 10 minutes go by and he comes out telling me it failed because of the broken tail light, AND still charged me $40. You'd think a genuine human being after doing a full walk around of my car would tell me right off the bat that it wouldn't pass, instead of playing dumb and going thru the whole inspection procedure
So, you knew it wouldn't pass because of something you knew needed to be fixed, and are upset that it failed? AND upset that he charged you for a service which you asked for and he provided? If you knew the taillight needed to be fixed, why did you take it in for an inspection with it still noticeably broken?

Reactions: BMC

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
So, you knew it wouldn't pass because of something you knew needed to be fixed, and are upset that it failed? AND upset that he charged you for a service which you asked for and he provided? If you knew the taillight needed to be fixed, why did you take it in for an inspection with it still noticeably broken?

But it's only "mostly" on him.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad