OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2019 part XIX -Holiday Shopping Done ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I couldn't help myself and had to look it up on YouTube. If I had to suffer, so do you. You're welcome!

In 2011 one of the UK's largest radio stations BBC Radio 1 launched a campaign to have this song top the national singles charts for Christmas that year. It didn't quite make it, but ranking 3rd is still absurdly funny for a novelty song from 1960.

On the topic of Christmas songs, I'm not sure what the worst is, but The Pogues' Fairytale of New York is simply the best.

Reactions: Strafer

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Cyn please DO NOT miss the BP meds. I had a friend who took his own life in 2009 (he called me drunk the night before). I stopped taking my BP med because I had such a terrible time dealing with it and then I had a stroke. Never recovered from the implications. I've been blind in one eye from that mistake and will, for the rest of my life have other problems because of that mistake. I ended up having to re-learn a lot of things that I took for granted. I have no depth perception so falling down (and up) stairs, driving issues on and on and on and on. I wasn't able to drive comfortably for a few years, lost a lot of business customers. If you got away with it take it as a blessing that you learned how sick you can get and thank "God, Godess or whomever" that you're okay.
Happy Holidays To All...
Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry for your troubles. I'm taking your advice in seriousness.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hopefully they'll have Barbados ready by then.
The earlier we book is 2 weeks before the trip, at most.
oh it`ll be ready:)

We booked when we were last there for our wedding, massive discount , paying just under $4000 US for 9 nights because we first booked on resort which gives you access to the best prices, then Sandals has what`s called a 777 sale where for 7 days they put 7 different room categories up for sale at a 7% reduction and we snagged that and saved more

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Welp....
Just mixed a gallon of IC Gavilyte-G.
Colonoscopy tomorrow a.m..
No food from last night until tomorrow after procedure.
At 2:00 today commence mission ‘down the hatch and run like hell’.
I'v had a stomach bug since last night, and this morning, I had the thought that this must exactly like what a colonoscopy prep must be like. I turn 50 next year, so I guess I'm about to find out. :confused:

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Red Sox refuse to extend the lease of another Fenway bar

79175156_10219427895180776_3278731875752869888_o.jpg

Another massive Fenway-area sports bar is shutting its doors.

Weeks after Tony C’s on Boylston Street closed, The Baseball Tavern announced on Facebook on Thursday that the multilevel bar — popular among millennials, college students, and Red Sox fans alike — is closing.

“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the soon closure of The Baseball Tavern,“ the Facebook post said. “Since 1963, we have been a Fenway tradition, serving up fun, smiles, and cold beer to our loyal customers. It has been a fantastic journey and wouldn’t have been possible without the support of our family, loyal customers, friends, and dedicated employees. We are very grateful to everyone who has supported us over the years. We wish you all the best life has to offer, and please stay tuned for future developments. Goodbyes are not forever!”

~Jimmy Rooney and Staff

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and CHRDANHUTCH

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Welp....

Can't one of your biotch gurus invent a prep drink that is at least tasty?

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Welp....

Best of luck...I've got mine scheduled for March - of course, picked both prep day and scope day at a time the Bruins don't play! They tried scheduling me to come in at 7 AM...and with the prep the place gives me, that would mean chugging one "poop juice" at 9 PM, and another at about 2 or 3 AM. That wasn't gonna happen....but they quickly rerouted me to a more sane time. (Side note: my iPhone did NOT accept a poop emoji in my calendar.)

I gotta say - Evacuation Day was not as bad as I thought it would be. Worst part is getting the stuff down - the base stuff is too sweet for my taste, I don't see how people add that crystal lite stuff to it! I'd never been under except for wisdom teeth, and damn, propofol works like a light switch. The well-meaning, elderly, non-pharmacist lady at the CVS seemed VERY delighted to give me advice when I bought my materials...this is a time when self-checkout would be kinda nice.

May the only crap you experience tonight be from the Gavilyte, and not from the TV watching the game!

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The Red Sox refuse to extend the lease of another Fenway bar

79175156_10219427895180776_3278731875752869888_o.jpg

Another massive Fenway-area sports bar is shutting its doors.

Weeks after Tony C’s on Boylston Street closed, The Baseball Tavern announced on Facebook on Thursday that the multilevel bar — popular among millennials, college students, and Red Sox fans alike — is closing.

“It is with a heavy heart that we announce the soon closure of The Baseball Tavern,“ the Facebook post said. “Since 1963, we have been a Fenway tradition, serving up fun, smiles, and cold beer to our loyal customers. It has been a fantastic journey and wouldn’t have been possible without the support of our family, loyal customers, friends, and dedicated employees. We are very grateful to everyone who has supported us over the years. We wish you all the best life has to offer, and please stay tuned for future developments. Goodbyes are not forever!”

~Jimmy Rooney and Staff
f*** off John Henry and Co.

BBT is a freaking establishment. Absolute shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->