OT: Off Topic 2018 part IV - Summer is OVAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The lengths people go to avoid a slightly tough conversation is astounding.

That's only if you believe his narrative that the guy he ratted out is really a bad employee. I think there's plenty there in his story to read between the lines that it's really him using this guy as a vehicle to try and make himself look better, in an attempt to gain from it.

At best, it's sad and pathetic that he wouldn't just talk to the guy before running to management. At it's worst, it's a very damning statement on VegasP's lack of honesty and ethics to try and make himself look better at someone else's expense instead of just working harder and earning it on his own merit.

Reactions: Alicat

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
That's only if you believe his narrative that the guy he ratted out is really a bad employee. I think there's plenty there in his story to read between the lines that it's really him using this guy as a vehicle to try and make himself look better, in an attempt to gain from it.

At best, it's sad and pathetic that he wouldn't just talk to the guy before running to management. At it's worst, it's a very damning statement on VegasP's lack of honesty and ethics to try and make himself look better at someone else's expense instead of just working harder and earning it on his own merit.

I think this poster puts way too much personal stuff on this site. It's kind of uncomfortable to read some of the stuff that he puts up so I tend to skip past most of it. But this incident? Hoo boy. There's passive aggressive written all over it. As a manager, my first question would have been "Have you spoken with the other guy first before you came to me?"

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think this poster puts way too much personal stuff on this site. It's kind of uncomfortable to read some of the stuff that he puts up so I tend to skip past most of it. But this incident? Hoo boy. There's passive aggressive written all over it. As a manager, my first question would have been "Have you spoken with the other guy first before you came to me?"

True story. Couldn't agree with this more, especially the part about his conversation with management over it. Last time I checked, it's not a peer's job to monitor the performance of a coworker. If I were the manager, I'd have asked him why he was so concerned with what other people were doing instead of focusing on his own performance, you know?

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
The lengths people go to avoid a slightly tough conversation is astounding.

We deflect when we are uncomfortable. That is a deeply rooted story. In yoga ethics we call that "satya" or right speech. It requires courage to face someone in honesty.

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
True story. Couldn't agree with this more, especially the part about his conversation with management over it. Last time I checked, it's not a peer's job to monitor the performance of a coworker. If I were the manager, I'd have asked him why he was so concerned with what other people were doing instead of focusing on his own performance, you know?
I agree 100% with this.

Unless the co-worker is directly impacting your work and preventing you from doing your job (I’m talking blatant sabotage and stuff like that) their performance is none of your business.

This sounds like the poster is wishing he was a manager.

When Kate says this situation is crazytown, then you know something is way off here.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I agree 100% with this.

Unless the co-worker is directly impacting your work and preventing you from doing your job (I’m talking blatant sabotage and stuff like that) their performance is none of your business.

This sounds like the poster is wishing he was a manager.

When Kate says this situation is crazytown, then you know something is way off here.
My guess is said poster has been watching to many TV dramas.

Reactions: Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
44224974_10216274629231098_7750287954718752768_n.jpg

I'm going to spend my last $400 million on tickets and hope to double my money.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Has anyone ever cut off a funeral??

I feel so bad- I was waiting to take a left onto a busy main street that always has a lot of traffic. My left is finally clear, and I just see the left blinker of the car coming from my right and he's coming in slow, and Im sure he's taking a left (but he really had his hazzards on.) I pull left in front of him..ugh. I knew what I did right away. Felt bad.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Has anyone ever cut off a funeral??

I feel so bad- I was waiting to take a left onto a busy main street that always has a lot of traffic. My left is finally clear, and I just see the left blinker of the car coming from my right and he's coming in slow, and Im sure he's taking a left (but he really had his hazzards on.) I pull left in front of him..ugh. I knew what I did right away. Felt bad.

People make honest mistakes every day. I wouldn't worry about it.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
All this over analyses over a situation. Just gonna shake my head and go about my day.

Just a word of advice: if it bothers you what people say and analyze about what you post, then don't post your personal issues here and expect everyone who disagreed not to comment. Especially when pretty much everyone agreed that what you said you did was the wrong alley to go down

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
All this over analyses over a situation. Just gonna shake my head and go about my day.

I have a sneaking suspicion that had the general consensus been you did the right thing, or were "cool" for throwing a co-worker under the bus, you'd be glowing in the accolades. Shrugging off the feedback/conversation because you don't agree with where the conversation went from a topic that you introduced is, quite frankly, cowardly. Albeit expected given the history here.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Talked to management about dudes driving. Basically told em I dont like telling on people or snitching. A lot of people on this crew snitch, manager then said snitches get stitches. Explained how dude sucks at driving. They asked who it was or a hint. Basically told em camo and goatee which they sarcastically said OH we dont know who that is.

Mentioned they had to talk to him anyways because he has some of the lowest stats.
Then mentioned I have some of the top stats. Sucks there is no way to progress in my department.

I'm a manager, and honestly I would have two ads out right now looking for both your replacements.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Anyone have a good non-chicken/non-tomato soup recipe for when you're sick? Been home the last two days with the flu or something, and I don't want anymore chicken soup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad