OT: Off Topic 2018 part IV - Summer is OVAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Legendary scene. From more recent times, season one of True Detective also has a pretty good tracking shot.

In live TV sometimes a tracking shot happens that is unplanned.

I was stuck ( or as we say trapped ) when this entrance did not go as planned. I am using a so-called hand-held camera ( shoulder mount ) and walking backward in an uncontrolled crowd and no other camera could help me and I am live on the full NBC network. It seemed like 30 minutes to me but I impressed some NBC suits and that would pay off down the line. Starts at 10:35

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Did you watch the finale even through the credits???

Yep, I read about there being a post credits scene even though I initially forgot about it. It was only after about an hour later while chatting with my wife that I remembered! There was a mad dash back to the TV :laugh:

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
In live TV sometimes a tracking shot happens that is unplanned.

I was stuck ( or as we say trapped ) when this entrance did not go as planned. I am using a so-called hand-held camera ( shoulder mount ) and walking backward in an uncontrolled crowd and no other camera could help me and I am live on the full NBC network. It seemed like 30 minutes to me but I impressed some NBC suits and that would pay off down the line. Starts at 10:35

I'm picturing you as this guy Fenway

You forget (or at least I do) when watching a movie or TV show or live event the skill involved in the camera work! I would have never even considered what is involved in producing that shot from a cameraman's point of view while watching it! All I'm seeing is Jay Leno!
Kudos to you sir.

Reactions: Fenway

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I was in Philadelphia for work the day before the Super Bowl and got stuck on a flight full of trash talking eagles fans.
Now I'm randomly in Philadelphia again right now, I got in my hotel and walked down to the bar inside the restaurant for some food and a few beers, and I forgot it was opening night and it's full of eagles fans watching all the TVs with the pregame.

Ahhh take me away. :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was in Philadelphia for work the day before the Super Bowl and got stuck on a flight full of trash talking eagles fans.
Now I'm randomly in Philadelphia again right now, I got in my hotel and walked down to the bar inside the restaurant for some food and a few beers, and I forgot it was opening night and it's full of eagles fans watching all the TVs with the pregame.

Ahhh take me away. :laugh:

Do I hear @sooshii singing?

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I asked Trevor and he said he never had this on the West Coast. Wonder if it was only East Coast?
images

Yep, we had this on the West Coast, was living in Vancouver BC, where we got the Seattle stations.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I'm picturing you as this guy Fenway

You forget (or at least I do) when watching a movie or TV show or live event the skill involved in the camera work! I would have never even considered what is involved in producing that shot from a cameraman's point of view while watching it! All I'm seeing is Jay Leno!
Kudos to you sir.

The way it was planned a second camera was supposed to be part of it but he got blocked by the crowd. So without being told ( and the director was in panic mode ) I just knew above else keep Leno in focus. Costas knew I was in trouble but Jay was oblivious, but in fairness, he was not prepared that everybody would be drunk.

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Going into my 10th year of officiating, and got the chance tonight to play linesman for the very first time in my career. I kept wanting to follow the play into the zone like the ref I always was, and called an offside that was on my partner's line, since I'm used to doing it as the high ref. It'll take some practice, but it was a good experience.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Came across this on YouTube. An American dude discovering hurling and attending a game at Gaelic Park in the Bronx. Thought some of you might enjoy it and it might even give an insight into why an Irish man like myself, who grew up watching and playing hurling, might fall in love with Ice Hockey.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Break a leg, but not in the Brandon Carlo kind of way. In the metaphorical way.
Thanks!

If I snap my ankle like that then I’ll end up having to have a full ankle replacement due to previous ankle injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad