OT: Off Topic 2018 part IV - Summer is OVAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
And if anyone had this toy growing up...
ParkerBros-Merlin.jpg

You (or your kids) can actually play it online now and be impressed with the 80s technology. Tic tac toe, anyone? :laugh:

The Electronic Wizard in JavaScript

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Sounds suspicious.

and no. example: We had 3 companies come out to give us estimates on solar. Only one was fully prepared, knowledgeable and acted like a professional grown up. The other two were clowns.
Out of curiosity may I ask which companies?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I had Merlin and 2-XL...but I loved this guy.

(Trigger warning: Breakdancing.)

Of course, my parents, not being techy at all, never knew that you could program him, and I was too young to figure it out. Apparently you could use the tape recorder to record and play back commands.

Or you could use it to play "Summer Lovin'" and "We Go Together" from Grease nonstop.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I asked Trevor and he said he never had this on the West Coast. Wonder if it was only East Coast?
images

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Last day in Gibson`s, heading to the Island finally tomorrow, been a helluva journey living out of suitcases for weeks but so grateful for the time with my new family (in laws etc..) and this journey with the bride and the pooch was one we`ll not soon forget.

First round of golf on the island slated for Friday

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The original was a little more rudimentary than this one
images
I mastered that thing, kid.
That was another favorite of ours. :)

Now I am totally on a nostalgic toy kick. We had so many toys, and board games, and card games. I still have our original Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary, and a very old Monopoly. And Life with some groovy looking people from the 70s on the box. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I asked Trevor and he said he never had this on the West Coast. Wonder if it was only East Coast?
images
I remember it, but I was living in Maryland at the time so I'm not much help on the west coast question...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
East coasters, looks like we may need to start paying attention to Florence.

Guidance this morning suggests that it could hit anywhere from South Carolina to New England late next week.

They said late this weekend will give them a better picture but people should be aware now.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Anyone else catch the season premier of Sunny last night? Man that show just gets better and better.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Just finished watching Sharp Objects starring Amy Adams. Really really enjoyed it. A slow paced southern gothic thriller that builds nicely over the 8 episodes. Would recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad