OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
My daughter had a legal internship in London and my wife and older son flew there to meet her (the internship ended yesterday) and sightsee for the week. My youngest is a homebody and didn’t want to go, so I got him and the pets for 9 days lol.

Two of his buds slept over and we are headed up to the lake for fishing and fireworks (at my in-laws). I took the week off and we will probably golf 2/3 times. He has to get going as HS golf is a Fall sport here and practices start for the team in late August.

It’s going to be a tough year. Two years ago the team had 3 seniors and a junior lead them to a title. Last year, the one stud senior was left. My son was a freshman and didn’t start golfing until last July and by the end of the season he was the #4 (12/14 kids make the team, but only 8 get to golf in the matches and they take the 4 best scores). The three kids in front of him were all seniors, so he and another sophomore will likely be our top pair.

They will get their asses handed to them this year, but hopefully the experience will pay off Junior and Senior year.

ps sorry about cluttering up the threads, the boys are still sleeping and I am bored lol
My oldest son had a similar experience, except his freshman year, golf was a spring sport and he played baseball too, so...no golf. Sophomore year it changed to a fall sport, and he was able to play. Bottom half of the scoring team, but made varsity. The bug bit him and he practiced and played all summer the next year, and he was the #1 for the next two years. First of those years, there wasn't much behind him so they lost more often than not, but his last year, they did pretty well. He played club golf (Usually was their #2) at Northeastern - no varsity there, so club was pretty competitive. Now he plays to about a 1.6 and is a member at Granite Links, which is where I can usually find him on weekends. He occasionally lets me play there too. It's a fun course. If your son practices, and really loves to play, the sky's the limit.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Long day at the beach, 5 miles done on the path as soon as I got there. Sat and read until 2pm. Lunch and cocktails after. Shower, fresh sunburn, drink, and tunes on the deck.

Top 10 day.

Also I’m really feeling boozy seltzer’s this summer. White claw #1, Truly a distant runner up.

Last edited:
Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Had a family reunion/cookout today with my mom’s family and she managed to find a cousin from my grandfathers side of the family and it was like we found the missing piece to a puzzle to so many things.

Basically, we found out that we are a lot more Native American than originally thought.

Ancestry DNA actually works.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
dipped my foot into the world of the stock market for the first time this past week, nothing too financially earth shattering but with the legalization of pot here in Canada, put a grand in a few stocks of some companies I have been researching with the help of a broker. Hope my $$ don`t go up in smoke......sorry, just too easy

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Are you guys following that story in Thailand ? Those kids (and their 25 year old coach) have been stuck in that cave for a couple of weeks.
They are expecting more rain so they will try and take them out of the cave today. It is scary and dangerous but sounds like they have no choice and they are underway with the rescue effort. They let the kids decide who should go first.

I hope the kids and the brave divers all get out. One diver has already lost his life. Let's send our good thoughts and positive energy to these folks.

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Has anyone ever moved a long distance? What did you do with your plants? I have a 10 year old ficus small tree that I would be devastated to lose. We talked about putting in the front seat of the car which we are toeing. I'm worried it will be too hot

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Be careful.

During dry season, I heard the spark from the tab on the can actually start fires and I wouldn’t want your neighbors to rat you out to the police (particularly after they find out you are a Yankees fan)...

:sarcasm:
Ha, I only drink bottles. LOL you'd be surprised how many of us here, Sox fans too.
I know y'all don't get it and think it's ridiculous. It's very real though. Other day you couldn't get from California to OR without a 3-5 hour detour because I5 was closed for days due to fire on both sides that wasn't even 5% contained For y'all, equivalent to having to go out from MA to upstate NY then back track across VT, NH and Maine just to get to Portland ME.

Lightening and ignorant people are biggest fire starters out West.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
A giant flying turtle who shoots flames out of his leg holes and befriends a little boy. Hard to beat that.
Think about the concept. Used to love those movies as s kid.
Has anyone ever moved a long distance? What did you do with your plants? I have a 10 year old ficus small tree that I would be devastated to lose. We talked about putting in the front seat of the car which we are toeing. I'm worried it will be too hot
Roll the window down. Don’t worry about toeing around. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Think about the concept. Used to love those movies as s kid.

Roll the window down. Don’t worry about toeing around. :laugh:

Ok, It took me 20 minutes to realize what was so funny. :laugh: Have just a few things on my mind.

(I swear I know how to spell) :rolleyes:

Reactions: chizzler

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ha, I only drink bottles. LOL you'd be surprised how many of us here, Sox fans too.
I know y'all don't get it and think it's ridiculous. It's very real though. Other day you couldn't get from California to OR without a 3-5 hour detour because I5 was closed for days due to fire on both sides that wasn't even 5% contained For y'all, equivalent to having to go out from MA to upstate NY then back track across VT, NH and Maine just to get to Portland ME.

Lightening and ignorant people are biggest fire starters out West.

No, I get it. I see the national news and they are saying that this year could be worst than last (which was horrible).

I just can’t resist giving you a hard time when the opportunity presents itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad