OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Up at the lake.

Cooked the boys breakfast (pancakes and bacon), fed the dog, cleaned up and now trying to find a simple marinade for the chicken breasts I brought.

Christ, now I know why my wife gets so annoyed. As soon as you get finished cleaning up, it’s almost time to prep the next meal.

Saving grace, Alexa playing the Smith’s Greatest Hits in the background (the fiber got hooked up last week).

“Some girls are bigger than others, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls...mothers.”

“Young bones groan, and the rocks below say throw your skinny body down, son.”

Love Morrissey :laugh:

Reactions: LouJersey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Unfortunately it is raining hard there. They are waiting to replace all of the oxygen along the way.
I really hope they get all out ASAP
Me too!

It sounds like a lot of planning went into this and I am glad they are smart to rest and recharge so this doesn’t turn catastrophic

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Warm enough? YES!

I love this weather! I wait all year for 90 degree weather. I love working and playing in the heat, and I detest the cold.

However, I’m not a fan of intense direct sunlight. I’m of Italian and French extraction, but I look and tan like an Irishman. Sunscreen is a good friend of mine.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Up at the lake.

Cooked the boys breakfast (pancakes and bacon), fed the dog, cleaned up and now trying to find a simple marinade for the chicken breasts I brought.

Christ, now I know why my wife gets so annoyed. As soon as you get finished cleaning up, it’s almost time to prep the next meal.

Saving grace, Alexa playing the Smith’s Greatest Hits in the background (the fiber got hooked up last week).

“Some girls are bigger than others, some girls mothers are bigger than other girls...mothers.”

If a 10 ton truck kills the both of us...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If a 10 ton truck kills the both of us...

To die by your side, the pleasure, the privilege, is mine.

Some of his lyrics are pretty twisted, but I always chuckle.

I think my favorite might be from BigMouth Strikes Again:

“And now I know how Joan of Arc felt, as the flames rose, to her Roman nose, and her Walkman started to melt.”

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To die by your side, the pleasure, the privilege, is mine.

Some of his lyrics are pretty twisted, but I always chuckle.

I think my favorite might be from BigMouth Strikes Again:

“And now I know how Joan of Arc felt, as the flames rose, to her Roman nose, and her Walkman started to melt.”

Recently bought a new guitar chorus pedal from a local company (Source Audio in Woburn) and been using it to play all those Johnny Marr and other 80s sounds. So much fun.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Up at the lake.

When I'm driving and Morrissey or the Smiths come on the radio, I have to fight the urge to drive into an embankment just to make it stop. That's how much I dislike him. He's literally the worst. :laugh:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
You really need to do this

@Kate08 Didn't you hire him?

He did a friend of mines wedding as well. At the reception we are coming into the Bruins goal song. At everyone’s place will be a gold towel/napkin and the DJ is going to have everyone wave them around like they do at the Garden during playoff games as we walk in.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A little commotion down at 'The Wall' as a man is demanding the Hampton Police call the Coast Guard to rescue his drone that crashed into the Atlantic.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Watching the 2000’s, CNN’s new miniseries.

The premier episode is all about tv shows in the 2000’s.

I highly recommend it especially if you’re interested in tv and/or history.

It’s crazy to think 2000 was 18 years ago.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Finally watched Justice Lesgue. I really liked it. Sue me

I like some of the individual characters. Affleck is a good Batman (surprisingly), Gal Gadot is good in anything (lol), and Jason Momoa is mildly entertaining as Aquaman, but the whole is somehow less than the sum of it’s parts in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad