OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Don Sweeney? :help:

:D
This seems appropriate:
$

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
The news out here was reporting on all the illegal fireworks people were using. The LAPD encouraged people to take pictures and videos so they could identify and rat out their neighbors for using fireworks. Literally everyone the news interviewed said they weren't going to snitch. Just a ridiculous proposition.
Until the next fire is started by illegal fireworks and it affects their property. Then they will snitch.

There is a very valid reason why fireworks of any kind, mowing grass between 1pm-8pm, and even smoking with your windows open are all illegal this time of year.

Reactions: Aeroforce

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Until the next fire is started by illegal fireworks and it affects their property. Then they will snitch.

There is a very valid reason why fireworks of any kind, mowing grass between 1pm-8pm, and even smoking with your windows open are all illegal this time of year.
I have never heard of mowing the lawn or smoking with windows open being illegal in my life. But I don't smoke and I hate lawnmowers.

In the 1 in a million chance that the guy down the road sets your house on fire, sure, tell the police it was him. Otherwise don't ruin someone's fun just to be a snitch.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
I have never heard of mowing the lawn or smoking with windows open being illegal in my life. But I don't smoke and I hate lawnmowers.

In the 1 in a million chance that the guy down the road sets your house on fire, sure, tell the police it was him. Otherwise don't ruin someone's fun just to be a snitch.
Those are the current fire laws/restrictions in a half dozen counties in Southern and Eastern Oregon right now due to fire danger. Cali I imagine has some similar ones that get enacted at various times of fire season. It’s no joke.

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
PS
For you, it’s a one in a million chance. Here? It’s a guarantee if someone lets one go off in certain areas it will start a fire way out of your ability to control. Ask the kids who lit a smoke bomb at Multnomah Falls last year how that 33 million dollar restitution bill is.
.[/QUOTE]

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Window open, small fan going, Les Miz on until 3.45am....

Very good night....

Was just going to complain about TCM repeating movies....then Tale of Two Cities, The Scarlet Pimpernel, and (drum roll please)....GONE WITH THE WIND...all in the next two weeks!!!

I be happy.....

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just got in with the puppy, was anticipating stifling heat again so tossed on shorts/T-shirt.....needed track pants and a hoodie, not that I`m complaining

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hate the AC, particularly when you have to have it on for days at a time.

Was able to shut it off last night around 9/10 and open the windows. Low was around 50 overnight. More of the same the next few days.

Perfect golfing weather so I have made the executive decision to leave the bride at home tomorrow for 5-6 hrs:)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Perfect golfing weather so I have made the executive decision to leave the bride at home tomorrow for 5-6 hrs:)

My daughter had a legal internship in London and my wife and older son flew there to meet her (the internship ended yesterday) and sightsee for the week. My youngest is a homebody and didn’t want to go, so I got him and the pets for 9 days lol.

Two of his buds slept over and we are headed up to the lake for fishing and fireworks (at my in-laws). I took the week off and we will probably golf 2/3 times. He has to get going as HS golf is a Fall sport here and practices start for the team in late August.

It’s going to be a tough year. Two years ago the team had 3 seniors and a junior lead them to a title. Last year, the one stud senior was left. My son was a freshman and didn’t start golfing until last July and by the end of the season he was the #4 (12/14 kids make the team, but only 8 get to golf in the matches and they take the 4 best scores). The three kids in front of him were all seniors, so he and another sophomore will likely be our top pair.

They will get their asses handed to them this year, but hopefully the experience will pay off Junior and Senior year.

ps sorry about cluttering up the threads, the boys are still sleeping and I am bored lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad