OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
So I was at home over the weekend when I started getting this strange yearning. It was a familiar yet alien desire. I wanted to watch something which I couldn't. Something which was out of season. Something like... hockey!!!!
That's right folks, I am currently displaying my first symptom of what I am calling Hockey Withdrawal Syndrome (or HWS if you will).

I have experienced this with other sports before but seeing as last season was my first as a Bruins fan, I was unsure if it would strike. Perhaps last season was a fleeting romance, a holiday fling? In some ways I hoped it was, relationships can be hard man, even those with a sports team and I have a few tough "relationships" already. But alas like a love sick teenager yearning for that one kiss from their high school crush, I yearned to see Marchand nail an OT winner, to see Pasta try one of his ludicrous plays, to see Chara smash some insignificant mortal against the glass.

Yep there's no denying it, what I suspected might be lust is in fact love. So much so that my wife and I are already looking into the possibility of getting back to Boston for a game next season. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime I fully expect to see these symptoms increase in severity over the next few months. I am trying to satisfy my yearning with the likes of Golf, Hurling, Tennis and even Soccer!!! If it involves a ball, a racket or a stick of any description then God damnit I'll watch it. Anything for a fix.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a long summer.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
So I was at home over the weekend when I started getting this strange yearning. It was a familiar yet alien desire. I wanted to watch something which I couldn't. Something which was out of season. Something like... hockey!!!!
That's right folks, I am currently displaying my first symptom of what I am calling Hockey Withdrawal Syndrome (or HWS if you will).

I have experienced this with other sports before but seeing as last season was my first as a Bruins fan, I was unsure if it would strike. Perhaps last season was a fleeting romance, a holiday fling? In some ways I hoped it was, relationships can be hard man, even those with a sports team and I have a few tough "relationships" already. But alas like a love sick teenager yearning for that one kiss from their high school crush, I yearned to see Marchand nail an OT winner, to see Pasta try one of his ludicrous plays, to see Chara smash some insignificant mortal against the glass.

Yep there's no denying it, what I suspected might be lust is in fact love. So much so that my wife and I are already looking into the possibility of getting back to Boston for a game next season. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime I fully expect to see these symptoms increase in severity over the next few months. I am trying to satisfy my yearning with the likes of Golf, Hurling, Tennis and even Soccer!!! If it involves a ball, a racket or a stick of any description then God damnit I'll watch it. Anything for a fix.

We all suffer from HWS, it is simply a matter of degree. I've got it so bad I've been watching Rangers games on MSG for God's sake and whenever NESN airs a Bruins In Two I'm right there glued to my recliner. :hockey:

Reactions: IrishBruinsFan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Huh. Don’t know what you’re talking about!
;)

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad