OT: Off Topic 2018 part II - Warm enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
A little commotion down at 'The Wall' as a man is demanding the Hampton Police call the Coast Guard to rescue his drone that crashed into the Atlantic.
Idiot. Sure, let's take away the boats and all while something more urgent happens.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
When I'm driving and Morrissey or the Smiths come on the radio, I have to fight the urge to drive into an embankment just to make it stop. That's how much I dislike him. He's literally the worst. :laugh:
Like Duane (Christopher Walken) in Annie Hall

Reactions: LSCII

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Nah. It's just that life is too short to listen to ****ty music...:laugh:
Johnny Marr is an amazing and totally unique guitar player who merged Mick Ronson-rock, Bert Jansch folk jangle and intricacies, with West African "highlife" music.

I can understand not liking Morrisey's voice or his themes, but the music is amazing, and I totally overlooked it at the time as I was a hardcore metal head in the 80s.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Boss Ce-2 owns all when it comes to chorus pedals
It's the iconic classic for sure, but the originals haven't really been made since the late 80s. The new reissues aren't the same. (though I haven't tried the Waza craft stuff).

Lots of new models out there that can get you that same sound AND lots of others that the Ce-2 couldn't.

Gotta give a shout out to the local guys of Source Audio. If you buy their chorus, or their flanger or their phaser.... you can download software and basically get the other 2 pedals loaded onto the one you own. Massive tweability.

Reactions: Lost Horizons

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
It's the iconic classic for sure, but the originals haven't really been made since the late 80s. The new reissues aren't the same. (though I haven't tried the Waza craft stuff).

Lots of new models out there that can get you that same sound AND lots of others that the Ce-2 couldn't.

Gotta give a shout out to the local guys of Source Audio. If you buy their chorus, or their flanger or their phaser.... you can download software and basically get the other 2 pedals loaded onto the one you own. Massive tweability.

I had my Ce2 for years. It's my go to for chorus. I've got other analog chorus pedals if i need them but i usually reach for the trusty ce2

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I wish that I kept all of my old stuff from the 80s. I had an Ibanez tube screamer from 84, a Ce-2 and a DD-2 from 85 or so. Had no idea that they'd be fetching big prices on Reverb 30 years later.

Reactions: Lost Horizons

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I wish that I kept all of my old stuff from the 80s. I had an Ibanez tube screamer from 84, a Ce-2 and a DD-2 from 85 or so. Had no idea that they'd be fetching big prices on Reverb 30 years later.

I've got every pedal I've ever bought. The majority still have their original boxes, paperwork and receipts! Same with guitars. I don't sell things. Once I buy it it stays. You never know when you'll want it again. I do wish I kept my old guitar magazines. I know some got wrecked either by time or water damage and I know I chucked a bunch back impulsively about ten years ago. Doh! But there a few that pop up every now and then as a reminder that I chucked the rest of them. Very annoying.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yep. True story. Another great example is Kovi. I assume she lost a bet to end up with you, but hey, it looks like it all worked out...:laugh:

Lonnie, just let it go.

You got owned on that one, and nothing you do or say is going to make it better...even a 55 gallon drum of aloe. Although, you probably have some other uses for it that will make you forget the pain :laugh:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
EarthQuaker Devices makes really good stuff. They have some crazy reverbs and delays. I have a fuzz from them that is incredible.
I don't have any of their stuff but have watched a lot of youtube demos on them. Crazy wild stuff.. the pink one with the unicorn and rainbow on it I remember being totally off the wall.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lonnie, just let it go.

You got owned on that one, and nothing you do or say is going to make it better...even a 55 gallon drum of aloe. Although, you probably have some other uses for it that will make you forget the pain :laugh:

Well this is just hurtful. If I had any feelings or valued your opinion in any way, shape, or form, this would sting. As I don't, it's all good. :laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Watching the 2000’s, CNN’s new miniseries.

The premier episode is all about tv shows in the 2000’s.

I highly recommend it especially if you’re interested in tv and/or history.

It’s crazy to think 2000 was 18 years ago.
And the Y2K "scare"

Oh no all the computers are going to crash and planes will fall from the sky and we're all gonna dddiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat and BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And the Y2K "scare"

Oh no all the computers are going to crash and planes will fall from the sky and we're all gonna dddiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeee :laugh:

I was working at a reseller in 1999, and we made so much money selling consulting services and software to make sure companies were Y2K compliant. It was ridiculous because we all knew nothing was going to happen.

Reactions: Alicat and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad