Speculation: Off-season UFAs

Who would you keep?

• Total voters

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Wanted Perry forsure before but I guess after the Tampa series it’s evident speed kills and he doesn’t have it.

still hope we keep him but defs On the same contract

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
None this team needs a rebuild and not another god damn retool. We really need to get top end talent to support our young players. Seriously enough f***ing around with Price and Weber we aren't going to make another magical fairy tale run. This year was fun and all that but we just got f***ing shit on by the lightning and they have talent up the ass.

Molson has literally come out and said "Montreal fans wouldn't accept a rebuild." And that was well before this run to the Stanley Cup finals. There is zero chance a rebuild is even remotely considered. If Bergevin even suggested it, he'd be fired on the spot and Molson would only hire someone willing to retool.

There really isn't any point discussing it. We have a better chance of trading for Kucherov than starting a rebuild for next season.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Voted for Danault/Armia/Perry.

Danault if he isn't asking too much money, let's say he wants term, like 7 or 8 years, but 4/4.5M$, I'd have no problem with this, I guess he'd just accept a salary to fit the role he has right now. Wouldn't mind the term, cause a defensive center like him rarely gets worse til late in his 30s. If he asks for more, then we have a problem...

Armia, depends on the money again, he's just so damn inconsistent, when he's on, he can change a game, but when he's off, at least he's good defensively. He may want to test the market to play more elsewhere though. 3/3.5M$ for 2-3 seasons could be nice, think he'll want more...

Perry, in his case it depends if he still want to play, or if he wants to try a couple teams before he retire. Still can play, depends in what capacity. Some teams will offer him more.

Don't care about the others, Tatar should have been traded at last season's trade deadline when he had his best regular season ever instead of wasting his value by showcasing nothing in the following 'playoffs'...

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Oh I agree , Armia at 2.15m would be enough but id be willing to give him 2.5m if we get rid of Byron awful contract
I just don’t find Armia that useful. Perry was more valuable to the habs at 1 million
A guy like spezza had a terrific season and tool 750k
Now I get he’s a lot younger but he’s not a better player. Let him walk

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Voted for Danault/Armia/Perry.

Danault if he isn't asking too much money, let's say he wants term, like 7 or 8 years, but 4/4.5M$, I'd have no problem with this, I guess he'd just accept a salary to fit the role he has right now. Wouldn't mind the term, cause a defensive center like him rarely gets worse til late in his 30s. If he asks for more, then we have a problem...

Armia, depends on the money again, he's just so damn inconsistent, when he's on, he can change a game, but when he's off, at least he's good defensively. He may want to test the market to play more elsewhere though. 3/3.5M$ for 2-3 seasons could be nice, think he'll want more...

Perry, in his case it depends if he still want to play, or if he wants to try a couple teams before he retire. Still can play, depends in what capacity. Some teams will offer him more.

Don't care about the others, Tatar should have been traded at last season's trade deadline when he had his best regular season ever instead of wasting his value by showcasing nothing in the following 'playoffs'...
Way too much for Armia. Then leks will get 3 million as an RFA as well.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I just don’t find Armia that useful. Perry was more valuable to the habs at 1 million
A guy like spezza had a terrific season and tool 750k
Now I get he’s a lot younger but he’s not a better player. Let him walk
I agree , Armia is a bit like Danault. He played a role too high for him for too many times. We used him as a top 6 winger for 2 years , he has powerplay time and PK time. He had a season with close to 17min average. Yet he can still barely get 30 points. He barely use his size , goes invisible really often

1 can say he just had 8 points in 21 games in the playoffs but he had 1 goal 0 assist in the last 11 games. He's a 4th liner like Byron who shouldnt be overpaid that can play on a thirdline sometimes.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Way too much for Armia. Then leks will get 3 million as an RFA as well.

Yeah wasn't sure about the $ either. He won't ask for less than he has now though, which is probably why he won't re-sign with us.

If so, well, he was useful but we have too many RH wingers anyway, so not that big of a deal.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Armia and Danault
Good hockey players. Just depends on the $$$.

I'd sign Armia, but no raise.
PD ... Toffoli contract or similar.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Yeah wasn't sure about the $ either. He won't ask for less than he has now though, which is probably why he won't re-sign with us.

If so, well, he was useful but we have too many RH wingers anyway, so not that big of a deal.
He can go. It’s not a big loss. We need more talented goal scorers to compete next year

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The ones on that list that I'd like to see back are Danault, Perry, and Armia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad