Speculation: Off-season UFAs

Who would you keep?

• Total voters

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Perry Armia Danault is obvious. I'll add Staal if the cash is ok.

Now... Kovy with Caufield?

But Martinez for sure!!

Please bring Martinez.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
I am not against Tatar if we can get him back for cheap. Seeing how the playoffs ended, he might be a couple mil cheaper

We still got to get to playoffs and he usually wiggles his way to the top of our team in production

Reactions: Nedved

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
not sure how anyone couldnt vote danault first. without him we go out in round 1

Danault is a great piece defensively but he does little to nothing offensively. He is going to take Bergevin to the cleaners and it is going to keep KK stuck at 3C for the duration of his contract or until KK gets inevitably traded. I also think a Danault signing immediately rules us out of going after any big Cs (Eichel as an example) because Danault won't want to play 3rd line minutes.

I think Danault is great, but I think it would be a mistake to give him term > 3yrs.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
Re-sign :
Armia 3 x 3
Danault 4 x 5
Perry 1 x 1

Extend :
Lehkonen 2 x 2.5
KK 2 x 2.5

Let the rest walk.

Trade for a 1st pairing LHD under 30
If it doesn't work, sign one of Savard, Martinez or Forbort

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Danault, Armia and Big Dick Perry.

But before signing Danault, you need to acquire a real top 6 C to have more leverage.

If Bergevin truly bolsters the roster, guys will want to stay at all costs.
And who might that be? Eichel is a dream that will never come true

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Re-sign :
Armia 3 x 3
Danault 4 x 5
Perry 1 x 1

Extend :
Lehkonen 2 x 2.5
KK 2 x 2.5

Let the rest walk.

Trade for a 1st pairing LHD under 30
If it doesn't work, sign one of Savard, Martinez or Forbort
3 million for armia is insane. Just insane. He’s a 4th liner

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
And who might that be? Eichel is a dream that will never come true
I don't know. It is not my job to figure these things out.

HRI7zad.png

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I guess that makes Gallagher an AHLer !?
Gallagher makes 6 million and averages 25 goals a year
Armia is a 4th line ufa. Let him walk 1.5 million is enough. Poehling and Evans will be full time players next October Ask the Canuck fans how 3million dollar 4th liners worked out.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
lol at how unanimous it is that NO ONE wants to see Staal, Merrill, Gus back in a Habs jersey... cinderella run done, it speaks volumes about how poor those in-season acquisitions were. Yes, staal had some early success for 5-6 of our first 11 games, but what an absolute useless player the rest of the time. Gus? Merrill? also net negatives that hurt us even more by the fact that they kept Romanov out. Tatar also a unamimous no go... even if he wanted to come back for a bargain price, i wouldn't be interested. rather see Poehling if we can find a legit established top-9 LW upgrade

Armia is the one of the other three i most want to see back. I think he should have got more usage in the finals, and i think he showed just how much he can contribute even if he isn't scoring. Skates, can play physical, is smart... as long as he isn't looking for a UFA max salary, I'd gladly bring him back for a middle-6 W role.

Danault... 5M tops. Just too one-dimensional to be worth more.

Perry? as long as he takes the Spezza approach, he should get 1-2 more years with us. Love having him in our lineup and perfectly suited for the role he played.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
In a perfect world

Toffoli Suzuki Caufield
*Star goal scorer* KK Anderson/Gallagher
Saad Danault Gallagher/Anderson
X Evans Perry
Poehling X

X Weber
Edmundson Petry
Chairot Romanov
X

Armia and Lehkonen would ideally be the last two “X” but I’m not sure if they will sign for really cheap, especially Armia

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
3 mill max. But only if we can get another top line scoring left winger on top of him

Agree. Depends what happens with Drouin. Would keep Tatar at 3M and love adding Saad, for example, if we can add him for 4.5M (which I doubt happens) and keep danaut for 4.5M.

We'd somehow need to get rid of salaries to Drouin (5,5M), Byron (3.4M), Armia or Lehkonen (2.4M or 2.6M) and Kulak (1.85M) and to make room for Saad and make a Pitch for Hamilton that has a real shot of working.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Would love Perry and Danault back. Armia too depending on the price. Loved what Tatar did for us the past three years and I kind of feel bad for him that he's going to take a contract hit due to losing his spot on two finalists.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Danault obviously and Perry. Would also take Armia, but the actual salary on the AAV would have to work.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
If we could grab Eichel for KK +++(no Caufield, Suzuki, Romanov) then that would be a dream and a game changer. I’d seriously give KK + atleast 2 firsts + Drouin and more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad