Speculation: Off-season UFAs

Who would you keep?

• Total voters

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think we keep Phil, hopefully around 4-4.5M max.....I also think Armia stays, and Leks goes....
One interesting note......top 50 ufa's listed on Capfriendly, has Tatar at 21 but Phil is nowhere on their list.....just noticed this.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I think we keep Phil, hopefully around 4-4.5M max.....I also think Armia stays, and Leks goes....
One interesting note......top 50 ufa's listed on Capfriendly, has Tatar at 21 but Phil is nowhere on their list.....just noticed this.

If you used the same parameters I did, they're ranked by their actual salary cap, Danault is 57th cause of that.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

Sportsnet had him at #11 on their list.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Perry is the only one I want back for sure. At 1M$ he's a no brainer. I like Danault/Armia as well but I'm wondering if a Evans/Poehling combo can do the same job at a fraction of the price

After a short off season with lots of healing, a deep roster next season may be just as important, if not more so than this season.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I would keep Perry if the money is right. Danault will hit the jackpot at probably 5 mil./yr. I see all the other UFAs hitting free agency. I would try to target a LD and LW.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
We are paying 12M combined for Gally and Anderson per yearm until 2027. Thats about 100 M total !

If we can even unload one of these contracts somehow it could prove to be helpful with our cap issues and help us towards another cup run.

They were signed last year and the team made the stan'ey cup finals... no way even one of them gets traded

Sounds like a logical scenario.

I also see Danault and Perry extended.

I get the same sense with Armia as you. He may be back, he may have to be "sacrificed" because of cap reasons.

I hope for Brandon Saad. One of my UFA targets for sure.

With the rumor that Habs were interested in DeAngelo at the TDL, I can see them go for him this off-season once he's bought out. But curious if he wants to come to a market like Montreal's, where there is more scrutiny here than for the Rangers (who have other big sports to compete with).

I'm perplexed by DeAngelo. On the one hand, I want the hockey player. But the person and his baggage, maybe it'll work with the leadership and veterans in Montreal. But I'm not 100% sold on his personality.

For DeAngelo, I wonder, Habs can probab'y sit with him and explain to him what they expect off-ice. And that he's got a veryyyyy short leash.

i guess that type of leverage depends on how seriously he still wants an NHL career, and how many teams are interested. Espceially if we resign Perry, I think we have a group that cna keep him "au pas"

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
F*ck off with DeAngelo. Keep him away from this locker room.

We need a guy more like Landeskog than Saad. But just don't see Landeskog leaving Colorado.
Have to agree I don't want POS Deangelo anywhere near the Habs. We need to land a big UFA this off season though or stand pat and see what we have in our prospect pool.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
DeAngelo has been a poison since his days with the Sarnia Sting. That's why he dropped in the draft. And the things that came up in the Rangers room with him racially abusing (don't even know if that's a word) K'Andre Miller is just immoral. One doesn't change just because there's Price, Weber or Gallagher in the room. We've got something great going, let's keep it that way. Surround your young talents with good players and good people.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Sounds like a logical scenario.

I also see Danault and Perry extended.

I get the same sense with Armia as you. He may be back, he may have to be "sacrificed" because of cap reasons.

I hope for Brandon Saad. One of my UFA targets for sure.

With the rumor that Habs were interested in DeAngelo at the TDL, I can see them go for him this off-season once he's bought out. But curious if he wants to come to a market like Montreal's, where there is more scrutiny here than for the Rangers (who have other big sports to compete with).

I'm perplexed by DeAngelo. On the one hand, I want the hockey player. But the person and his baggage, maybe it'll work with the leadership and veterans in Montreal. But I'm not 100% sold on his personality.

DeAngelo might be a better fit in a more conservative state like Texas with the Dallas Stars. Of course, Dallas itself, or Houston, as big urban centers, aren't that conservative -- just all the outlying regions...

Would DeAngelo be willing to undergo a brainwashing session or a simple lobotomy to cure what ails him?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The funniest part is TSN not shutting up about
"ALLLL THESE UFAS THE HABS HAVE OMG!!"
like LOL you idiots..we dont give a shit about Tatar, staal, gus, merrill, get real with this.. we have like barely 3 that are an actual necessity and even then mostly for depth lol
f***ing christ they make it sound like were in SOOOOO much trouble everytime, it's hilarious
Worry about your capped out leafs please thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The funniest part is TSN not shutting up about
"ALLLL THESE UFAS THE HABS HAVE OMG!!"
like LOL you idiots.. we have like barely 3 that are an actual necessity and even then for mostly for depth lol
f***ing christ they make it sound like were in SOOOOO much trouble everytime, it's hilarious
Worry about your capped out leafs please thanks.
I just can't stomach TSN anymore.......Dave Poulin might be the only decent analyst....the rest are beyond awful. The Habs own Pierre Lebrun has gotten beyond stupid arrogant.....for a guy who's time is spent up the ar$e of MB and 5Mil Phil, my god the stuff dripping from his ears, is even brown.......awful just awful.
I have to watch Sportsnet, which of course is also Leaf central...but a little more doable.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

I think it's an impossibility Phil gets ANYthing under 5M at this point the way things are. Whether or not WE sign him to that I'm still torn on truthfully.
It's far more likely Armia leaves as UFA, than Lehkonen leaving as RFA
Anything above 3M for Armia is honest to god straight madness.
In turn, anything above 2.5 for lehkonen borderlines on dangerous as well, I'd max out at 2.7.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I just can't stomach TSN anymore.......Dave Poulin might be the only decent analyst....the rest are beyond awful. The Habs own Pierre Lebrun has gotten beyond stupid arrogant.....for a guy who's time is spent up the ar$e of MB and 5Mil Phil, my god the stuff dripping from his ears, is even brown.......awful just awful.
I have to watch Sportsnet, which of course is also Leaf central...but a little more doable.

Yeah, poulie has really come around for me as well, wasnt crazy about him at first

Reactions: BLONG7

Gael

Aug 21, 2020
Signing Ovechkin would be so awesome. What are the odds he's going back to Wsh, like 90%?

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
For a rebuild we don’t need a shutdown centre. We don’t need to follow a stupid system that Bergevin built.
For sure we need to rebuild right after we went to the SCF. Especially after seeing that Price and Weber were so important in our playoffs success. Get it done Bergy.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
DeAngelo might be a better fit in a more conservative state like Texas with the Dallas Stars. Of course, Dallas itself, or Houston, as big urban centers, aren't that conservative -- just all the outlying regions...

Would DeAngelo be willing to undergo a brainwashing session or a simple lobotomy to cure what ails him?

Send him to Harlem ala Bruce Willis in Die Hard With a Vengeance

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Signing Ovechkin would be so awesome. What are the odds he's going back to Wsh, like 90%?
It's a lock unless he actively wants a change in his life for some reason. If he wants to be in Washington they'll work it out with very little problem. It's like Crosby, he means a lot more to that franchise than goals and points.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Guy I like is Martinook, he just had knee surgery though and he a Alternate captain on the Canes. He would be a nice add forusre

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00