• Total voters

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Perry and Armia , Danault if he accepts < 5M

Armia at same salary or cheaper

Actually just Perry lol

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If we could grab Eichel for KK +++(no Caufield, Suzuki, Romanov) then that would be a dream and a game changer. I’d seriously give KK + atleast 2 firsts + Drouin and more

Yeah of course I would too
Would Buffalo do that???

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Glad to see the signing priority in the poll. All is not lost in Habs fandom.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
None this team needs a rebuild and not another god damn retool. We really need to get top end talent to support our young players. Seriously enough f***ing around with Price and Weber we aren't going to make another magical fairy tale run. This year was fun and all that but we just got f***ing shit on by the lightning and they have talent up the ass.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
None this team needs a rebuild and not another god damn retool. We really need to get top end talent to support our young players. Seriously enough f***ing around with Price and Weber we aren't going to make another magical fairy tale run. This year was fun and all that but we just got f***ing shit on by the lightning and they have talent up the ass.
A rebuild after going to the stanley cup final? On what hell of website im writting on?? This is the stupudiest thing I would read. Honestly. You make a rebuild when the team lose, not when theywent to the final. What the hell

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
A rebuild after going to the stanley cup final? On what hell of website im writting on?? This is the stupudiest thing I would read. Honestly. You make a rebuild when the team lose, not when theywent to the final. What the hell

What about next season when we don't even make the play-offs?

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
I would bring back none of that group but master bergy will bring back armia danault to deals far too long and rich

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How you know it? If we won’t. Just trade your older player at the deeadline. I dont see a rebuild coming after a SFC damn

Because this was a cinderella run on the back of a second season in a row where we wouldn't have made the play-offs if it weren't for covid.

We will be back in our regular division and for all of Toronto's ability to implode in the play-offs.. they are still a great regular season team, Tampa isn't going anywhere, Florida isn't going anywhere, Boston isn't going anywhere - and that's just our division. On the other side of the ledger, there's still Washington, Pittsburgh, Carolina, the Islanders and teams like the Rangers and Philly who might not stay down again.

It's going to be a tall task and we don't have a lot of cap room, we will have more miles on Weber and Gallagher.. the only way I see the Habs making the play-offs is if Norlinder/Guhle break our defense and come in as legitimate studs.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Because this was a cinderella run on the back of a second season in a row where we wouldn't have made the play-offs if it weren't for covid.

We will be back in our regular division and for all of Toronto's ability to implode in the play-offs.. they are still a great regular season team, Tampa isn't going anywhere, Florida isn't going anywhere, Boston isn't going anywhere - and that's just our division. On the other side of the ledger, there's still Washington, Pittsburgh, Carolina, the Islanders and teams like the Rangers and Philly who might not stay down again.

It's going to be a tall task and we don't have a lot of cap room, we will have more miles on Weber and Gallagher.. the only way I see the Habs making the play-offs is if Norlinder/Guhle break our defense and come in as legitimate studs.
. Montreal played in the North Division and they make playoff into this division. Saying « IF If If » makes no sense. They werent playing into tanpa division. Just. Lets just Forget it. Next year. Boston are getting older, some cap jail team won’t make playoff like every year. And yes montreal has still cap space. Tatar wont come back. Alzner will give 2m extra. Drouin will maybe leave and seattle should select a big contract like chiarot. Do you know what is going into a rebuild? Buffalo, edmonton. You like those teams? Me i don’t

Reactions: Benstheman

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Dude stop being delusional. This team went through FAIRY TALE CINDERELLA RUN! we are not a cup contender and the Lightning just showed us what a contender looks like we got f***ing spanked my dude. Price and Weber are old and will need to be replaced we need top end talent we need to stop living in this f***ing fairy tale and do whats needed to be done to become a contender for multiple years not pray we get into the playoffs and and then pray again we go on another cinderella run. Stop dreaming and snap out of it this team is dog shit outside of the young kids. We desperately need multiple top 5 picks.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Aces on the road

Oct 27, 2020
Gallagher makes 6 million and averages 25 goals a year
Armia is a 4th line ufa. Let him walk 1.5 million is enough. Poehling and Evans will be full time players next October Ask the Canuck fans how 3million dollar 4th liners worked out.
Armia is way better than Gallagher

Reactions: CaptainKirk

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
. Montreal played in the North Division and they make playoff into this division. Saying « IF If If » makes no sense. They werent playing into tanpa division. Just. Lets just Forget it. Next year. Boston are getting older, some cap jail team won’t make playoff like every year. And yes montreal has still cap space. Tatar wont come back. Alzner will give 2m extra. Drouin will maybe leave and seattle should select a big contract like chiarot. Do you know what is going into a rebuild? Buffalo, edmonton. You like those teams? Me i don’t

1. Exactly, we barely scraped in this year in one of the easiest divisions in hockey. It was Toronto and then 6 teams trying to see who could actively not make the playoffs.
  2. Who's saying -if-; the truth is that the team has not been a legitimate play-off team by regular season outputs in 5 seasons now.
  3. They weren't, but they will be next year which is what I'm talking about.
  4. Boston may be getting older, but aren't we? Another year on Gallagher, Weber, Price - 3 guys who haven't been healthy. I don't see how this applies to one team but not ours.
  5. Some cap jail team might not make the play-offs, but I listed more than 8 teams that are currently pacing better than the Habs in regular season play and roster csontruction.
  6. No we don't have much cap space, we were capped out. You can talk about players leaving (like Tatar) but you still need to replace him with another top 6 forward and you're not getting a player much better than him at the cap hit you paid for him.
  7. Drouin will return another big contract too, if not, we've paid in youth/picks to get rid of him and I don't see a lot of people lining up to do anything but a salary swap with the entire league being crunched against the cap in a pandemic world with limited revenue.
  8. Seattle can select Ben Chiarot, so the Habs have lost one of the 4 defenseman they deemed reliable enough to play in the play-offs. You still have to replace him and even at his ability, defenseman like that cost the same cap hit, so you haven't gained anything.
  9. I don't like Buffalo or Edmonton, but I sure as hell like Tampa Bay, Chicago, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Washington - you know, all teams who went through long stretches of rebuilding then became cup winners and contenders for long periods of time.

Reactions: sandviper

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Dude stop being delusional. This team went through FAIRY TALE CINDERELLA RUN! we are not a cup contender and the Lightning just showed us what a contender looks like we got f***ing spanked my dude. Price and Weber are old and will need to be replaced we need top end talent we need to stop living in this f***ing fairy tale and do whats needed to be done to become a contender for multiple years not pray we get into the playoffs and and then pray again we go on another cinderella run. Stop dreaming and snap out of it this team is dog shit outside of the young kids. We desperately need multiple top 5 picks.
You don’t know how its works. You think molson will accept to sell his core tommorow after this run? you are dellusionnal. You make that kind of move at deadline if the team is struggling. No way you rebuild after this run. Tell me wich team made a rebuild after a SCF. Dallas last year? Bruins in 2019? Knights in 2018? Preds in 2017 ? Why they arent made a rebuild?? This is an haters point of view​

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
You don’t know how its works. You think molson will accept to sell his core tommorow after this run? you are dellusionnal. You make that kind of move at deadline if the team is struggling. No way you rebuild after this run. Tell me wich team made a rebuild after a SCF. Dallas last year? Bruins in 2019? Knights in 2018? Preds in 2017 ? Why they arent made a rebuild?? This is an haters point of view​
I do know how it works and this Habs team is total dog shit seriously. Look up any of those teams you listed and compare the actual players and there ages/skill and contracts and come back to me. I am not a hater I am a f***ing realistic habs fan that knows this finals run was a cinderella run that most likely wont happen again with this core. Take your head out of the sand we have an aging Weber and Price and both need to be replaced and our D looks like shit.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
No owner whose team just made the finals combined w 2-seasons of lost revenue due to pandemic will rebuild, doing so would be delusional business practice

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Perry if he’s under a million, same with Armia. Danault is he’s under $4MM

They want more than that let them walk

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
On a cheap contract like Thornton or Spezza have done in Toronto then yes for Perry.

Armia, yes for sure.

Danault only if 5 years or less and under $5M cap hit. His amazing defense at times does not make up for his lack of offence the rest of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad