Speculation: Off-season UFAs

Who would you keep?

• Total voters

expy

Nov 2, 2010
None for a rebuild.

I’d only take Perry because he’s a fighter. The rest are useless.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Only ones id consider are perry,armia and danault. But danault and armia are going to want to cash in and its not smart to give them longterm deals. Have too many bad longterm deals as it is

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Perry for sure.

Danault if we can't get the big names like Landeskog and Ovi, and if he is willing to sign a reasonable contract.

Armia if we have enough cap space after doing the more important signings.

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
Perry for sure.

Danault if we can't get the big names like Landeskog and Ovi, and if he is willing to sign a reasonable contract.

None for a rebuild.

I’d only take Perry because he’s a fighter. The rest are useless.
danault useless? give your head a shake bud. he is one of the reasons we made it so far

Reactions: Lolonegoal and Seb

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Perry for sure.

While I love me some big name hunting, Ovi is 100000000000% not coming here due to cap alone.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
danault useless? give your head a shake bud. he is one of the reasons we made it so far
For a rebuild we don’t need a shutdown centre. We don’t need to follow a stupid system that Bergevin built.

Reactions: Compile

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Perry danault. Armia. Type of guy will cash in. We need to give a chance to guys like poehling/evans. No need to overpay a 3rd liner. I prefer overpay danaût a bit and let walking armia

Reactions: Lolonegoal

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Danault, Armia and Big Dick Perry.

But before signing Danault, you need to acquire a real top 6 C to have more leverage.

If Bergevin truly bolsters the roster, guys will want to stay at all costs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Before this.....I would have to look at what that money can get me.
Perry is for sure because he wouldn't cost much and bring tons.

For the others, probably Danault if he's not greedy.
But then....we have to focus on offense and the others are not bringing tons of it.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Perry, Armia and Danault need to be back. Tatar needed to be traded. The rest can GTFO.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Armia, Perry.
The rest can fly a kite.

Time to start finding actual talent and not offensive black holes regardless if they can shut down top lines. That's nice. The NHL is changing. You need 4 lines that can contribute or you don't win. Danault is a useless plug along with the rest of them.

Reactions: Gravity

madbox

Jun 12, 2006
Quebec
Perry, Armia, Danault. A little worried about the amount Bergevin’s going to throw at Danault though.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Hopefully none. A year off, retoolling, would really help. The Atlantic is going to be cut throat next year, the current team could even miss the playoffs as it is. I wonder what is the value of our signed vets, their value might be overrated by playing the Stanley Cup finals. I would trade the most players I can and keep focusing on the young core. Trade Weber, trade Price, trade Petry, Gallagher, anyone really, if you can find value. Once all of those contracts are unloaded and you have drafted in the top 10, you spend big the year after.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I pretty much expected this to be as unanimous as it is. I will say I have my reservations about Perry being able to last an 82 game season. Armia is a great depth guy, depending on the money. Phil is a no-brainer if he wants in the Toffoli or less range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad