Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt IV | Ah the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It's not over. Our rotation and bullpen still need to be filled out. Adding another infielder and outfielder will likely happen too.

Let's gooooo!

For sure but the fact they outbid someone, and that someone being Steve Cohen who seems dead set on pulling the Mets out of the doldrums and making them relevant again is no easy task. Cohen came in with the big dick energy and somehow, the Jays matched it. Rogers outbidding someone for something that isn't a market monopoly is almost unheard of lmao.

This can only be a good sign. But yeah i would definitely like to get a couple arms so i don't have to watch that tire fire of a bullpen again.

Reactions: smitty10

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Wonder if Ryu and Stripling (both formerly of the Dodgers) have anything to say to Springer.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Two years in a row the Jays have landed a big ticket free agent.

Is it possible Rogers has finally realized they're worth a literal assload and can easily go toe to toe with the likes of the Yankees in a money burning contest? We can only hope.

I wanted Lindor, but getting Springer for free is certainly a welcome consolation prize.
Raptors spent like a big league team when it was needed, they made history and their franchise value went into the stratosphere.

Just like the raptors the blue jays are canada's team with a lack of another Canadian franchise, so if they can field a winner the money to be made with a full stadium (post-covid) and tv subscription services ... all across Canada ... easy return on investment

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
upload_2021-1-19_23-29-37.png

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Ranking MLB's Top 10 left fielders right now

CENTER FIELDERS
1) Mike Trout, LAA (Last year: 1)
2) Cody Bellinger, LAD (2)
3) George Springer, free agent (3)
4) Alex Verdugo, BOS (not ranked)
5) Brandon Nimmo, NYM (9)
6) Kyle Lewis, SEA (NR)
7) Ramón Laureano, OAK (4)
8) Trent Grisham, SD (NR)
9) Starling Marte, MIA (6)
10) Byron Buxton, MIN (NR)

LEFT FIELDERS
1) Christian Yelich, MIL (Last year: No. 2 right fielder)
2) Michael Brantley, free agent (2)
3) Mark Canha, A’s (5)
4) Marcell Ozuna, free agent (Not ranked)
5) Jesse Winker, CIN (NR)
6) Dominic Smith, Mets (NR)
7) Eloy Jiménez, White Sox (NR)
8) Alex Dickerson, Giants (NR)
9) Clint Frazier, Yankees (NR)
10) Lourdes Gurriel Jr., Blue Jays (NR)

Reactions: jetsforever

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I guess gurriel gone if they sign brantley?
Not necessarily. You could sign Brantley as a DH/4th outfielder. Grichuk is definitely done here now though. Probably Tellez too, if Brantley signs. This front office likes players who can play multiple positions and as much as I like Tellez (the person), he's a DH and nothing more. If we get Brantley, those two are gone.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
How's Brantley's defence? Can Springer play full time CF for the first half of his deal and be a plus defender in CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad