Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Pt IV | Ah the waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I didn't mind losing out on the other free agents but I would have been pissed if they lost out on Springer. Even not getting Lindor is fine because the Jays didn't have to give up assets to get Springer. Plus it fills the biggest need positionally on the team.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Two years in a row the Jays have landed a big ticket free agent.

Is it possible Rogers has finally realized they're worth a literal assload and can easily go toe to toe with the likes of the Yankees in a money burning contest? We can only hope.

I wanted Lindor, but getting Springer for free is certainly a welcome consolation prize.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I didn't mind losing out on the other free agents but I would have been pissed if they lost out on Springer. Even not getting Lindor is fine because the Jays didn't have to give up assets to get Springer. Plus it fills the biggest need positionally on the team.
I’m in the same boat. The other players didn’t bother me. But if they missed on Springer? I would have been bothered due to a combination of genuinely thinking there was a good chance he would sign with Toronto and his market seemingly lacking for a number of circumstances. The opportunity to strike was perfect and they did indeed strike.

Bravo

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

Is it possible Rogers has finally realized they're worth a literal assload and can easily go toe to toe with the likes of the Yankees in a money burning contest? We can only hope.

I wanted Lindor, but getting Springer for free is certainly a welcome consolation prize.
It's not over. Our rotation and bullpen still need to be filled out. Adding another infielder and outfielder will likely happen too.

Let's gooooo!

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa

Same but. But with the mets getting lindor they couldnt match the jays on springer. Lindor will likely get 30 mil per. This way here jays will a need and it just cost money

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Management has said when the time is right the payroll will increase. While there were bumps on the way they have done exactly that. There is no point in having a big payroll when the team is rebuilding. The teams have a lot of great players and now they can use the payroll to sign or trade for players where the holes are. CF was a huge hole and Jays got one of the better ones out there. Now onto getting a pitcher.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

ddmcdr5-d973f8f4-425c-4c29-9ff0-a7ded220a78a.png

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad