Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm truly amazed at how "meh" I am about this.

I won't say he's "not good anymore" --- but I also don't think that he's a top 10 QB either. Couple that with the fact that even if he was here, I don't think they win a SB next year or in 2021/22, and I can live with it.

I guess, given that I truly don't think they'd win with him in the next year or 2, I think it makes sense to move on and start the re-build.

If I wished he stayed it would be more for the memories than anything else.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I swear, if any one of the local media outlets tries to badmouth Brady as he's leaving (I'm looking at you Boston Globe), I want them fired into the sun.
Brady wasn't a member of the Red Sox, so there's no reason for the official mouthpiece of the Red Sox to bash him. They'll set their sights on sliming Belichick until they drive him out of town.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I have to admit, despite the sadness and disappointment, there's something kind of exciting about the unknown. Clearly we're never going to see that kind of success again, but we really have no idea what's going to happen.

The schedule is really tough for 2020. Playing the AFC & NFC West. It's almost tailor-made to tank, if that's what you want to do.

Reactions: BMC

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I think Brady goes to the Dolphins or T Bay.
I would give Stidham and Kessler a shot now. Stidham has a year under his belt and should know the play book.
Our defense is still good enough to get us into the playoffs.
Take the money and replace Van Noy and Collins, sign a great Edge Rusher, cut/trade Burkhead so Harris can play next year and cut Gostowski as well.
This draft is loaded with WR's, hopefully BB can land a good one and Harry / Sanu have a great season.
TE is still a weakness, Eifert would be the one I would sign now and see what is available at the draft.
Would also like to see Sheard come back for one year only.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
I am disappointed, but not surprised...and although I hate to admit it, it is probably best for the Patriots in the long run. And, I echo everyone's statement about a certain excitement for something new and will root for Brady except for when he plays the Patriots.

It was an amazing run for him in NE

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s a lot easier to do in a year where there seemed like there were more “WTF Brady” throws then every other year combined

Still sucks. I’ll always wish the best for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad