Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It will be interesting to watch the bandwagon empty.

It's hard to imagine Brady in another jersey but I've accepted that he was leaving a while ago. You could see it a mile away after last season.

Thanks for the years and memories but time to move on.

As for what's next...

They'll draft a QB and maybe move up to get one. They have some draft capital to play with.

As for next season...probably a vet to play at least one season. Thinking someone like Dalton.

Reactions: BMC

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
Best of luck to the guy, I've been lucky to know almost only a Tom Brady lead team since I'm 28. I wont take it for granted and realize I'll probably never see anything like that again in my life.

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

It's hard to imagine Brady in another jersey but I've accepted that he was leaving a while ago. You could see it a mile away after last season.

Thanks for the years and memories but time to move on.

As for what's next...

They'll draft a QB and maybe move up to get one. They have some draft capital to play with.

As for next season...probably a vet to play at least one season. Thinking someone like Dalton.

The dalton era lol this could be comical

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

It'll be interesting.

I was a Bledsoe bobo since I started watching sports in '93.

Had lots of spite for BB in the early years of the dynasty.
(Clearly, he was right for dealing Bledsoe as the Sox were for letting Pedro walk after '04, but I was just a foolish boy!)

I'm actually really interested to see what it looks like.

I'll also be rooting for TB to do well.

Reactions: Alicat and Tuggy

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Take the money and replace Van Noy and Collins, sign a great Edge Rusher, cut/trade Burkhead so Harris can play next year and cut Gostowski as well.

What money? Him leaving won't save them anything and will actually result in a $13 mil cap hit.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
I think it will be funny if he signs for less somewhere else but for extra years.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
And with that I'm retiring as a football fan. I was always a casual fan. Saw the terrible years, remember the so-close years in the 80s, and of course the Brady years. I've always said I'm going out when Tommy retires or leaves the Patriots. C-ya.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It'll be interesting.

I was a Bledsoe bobo since I started watching sports in '93.

Had lots of spite for BB in the early years of the dynasty.
(Clearly, he was right for dealing Bledsoe as the Sox were for letting Pedro walk after '04, but I was just a foolish boy!)

I'm actually really interested to see what it looks like.

I'll also be rooting for TB to do well.

Very similar for me.

Bledsoe was my first football idol as a kid.

But many Patriot fans only know the Patriots with Tom Brady. There is no denying this is a huge hit to the Patriots brand.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It hurt more when Orr left when I was a kid

Yeah this is a pin prick compared to losing #4. I didn't follow the Bruins back then like I do now but he was the Bruins to me & I think a lot of other people. The Bruins weren't the Bruins without him.

Plus we've gotten so used to superstar athletes signing with other teams late in their careers it hardly registers anymore

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I told my 10-year old daughter this was going to happen last night, and she started to cry. She legitimately thought that there would be no more New England Patriots.

I explained to her that the Patriots existed long before Tom Brady, and that they'll exist long after he leaves. I told her that when I grew up, I cheered for quarterback she'd never heard of - guys like Matt Cavanaugh, Tommy Hodson, Hugh Millen, and Tony Eason. I explained to her that there were times when Patriots fans prayed to go 8-8. And then I also told her that those tough years made those of us who remember them even more appreciative and thankful for the good years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad