Patriots/NFL Off-Season: Brady Leaving Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Rumor is patriots never made an offer and didn’t plan to

You knew Belichick was being Belichick when the stories of how they made their offer last summer were coming out and then followed by the stories of a soft market for Brady. Those were clearly floated out by the Pats, and it was pathetic. Said everything you needed to know right there.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rumor is patriots never made an offer and didn’t plan to

I fully believe it and that is maddening.

Brady now is better than any option available, plus the legacy he had formed as a career NE Patriot. It was a no brainers to make it work.

I guess Bill gets what he wanted and can try to prove he is the alpha after all. He couldn't even provide Brady with weapons last season so I am doubtful.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Risky move I think. If he goes somewhere else and sucks it gives ammo to all the people who say he was only great due to the system and is not the GOAT. Add to that if the Pats do very well everyone will say it was BB all along and not TB.

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I fully believe it and that is maddening.

Brady now is better than any option available, plus the legacy he had formed as a career NE Patriot. It was a no brainers to make it work.

I guess Bill gets what he wanted and can try to prove he is the alpha after all. He couldn't even provide Brady with weapons last season so I am doubtful.

If they sign dalton I think bill has clearly lost his.fastball

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Was that ever confirmed or was it just Edelman joking on social media. Kraft seems like a person that would keep the Brady era look long after he leaves since it was the most successful period in franchise history.

Edelman was definitely joking about that specific uniform, but there are legitimate rumors that they're getting a new uniform this year, but I think that it might just be a new 3rd jersey (like the color rush stuff).

Reactions: Gator Mike

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Next time we see playoffs in boston might be next April. Title town days over
Well we knew they wouldn't last forever. We had a good run and got to see what many New England sports fans never got to see in their lifetimes. I can't complain.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There are far worse things going on in the world than this.

Perspective.
I agree. I confess I was already a bit tired of the Brady drama well before CV hit.

CV is bad and will have a human toll that is significant and painful on a personal level, but ultimately we will get through it. The economic impact -- significant job loss for average people, and then a real retrenching as far as companies hiring moving forward -- is going to make this a tough time for all for a long time. Well after we get the transmission of the actual virus under control.

Timing is everything. I have an extraordinarily hard time right now caring whether Brady signs with NE or with an expansion team on Pluto. Much like his expose on his family and training life several months back, I just don't care about his personal life. Play for the Patriots or don't. Move along.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I agree. I confess I was already a bit tired of the Brady drama well before CV hit.

CV is bad and will have a human toll that is significant and painful on a personal level, but ultimately we will get through it. The economic impact -- significant job loss for average people, and then a real retrenching as far as companies hiring moving forward -- is going to make this a tough time for all for a long time. Well after we get the transmission of the actual virus under control.

Timing is everything. I have an extraordinarily hard time right now caring whether Brady signs with NE or with an expansion team on Pluto. Much like is expose on his family and training life several months back, I just don't care about his personal life. Play for the Patriots or don't. Move along.
Summed it up perfectly.

I'm sure once I really allow myself to think about it I'll be bummed out but honestly, after all the drama the past few seasons, I'm ready for a fresh start. All good things come to an end.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
I follow the Chris Creamer Sports Logo forums and someone with supposed insider knowledge claims it's legit.

Edelman was definitely joking about that specific uniform, but there are legitimate rumors that they're getting a new uniform this year, but I think that it might just be a new 3rd jersey (like the color rush stuff).
It must be all part of Bill Belichick's plan bring back the AFL ERA Red uniforms while at the same time signing or trading for the red rocket Andy Dalton.:sarcasm:
download.jpg

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
What money? Him leaving won't save them anything and will actually result in a $13 mil cap hit.

BB is the smartest football guy around and I have faith in his plan.
We still have some money left, that is why I suggested we cut SG and RB. According to the number today we have 13.6 Million to spend plus the Aaron Hernandez figure has to be added to this, another 3 million?? By getting rid of SG and RB we would gain around 6.3M, so that puts us at 23 million, assuming we keep Thuney. You can add some nice pieces with 23 M.
The Thuney deal will probably be a long term deal so we are not hit with his 15 million cap hit this year, will be less. I would not be surprised if we sign and trade him for draft picks. There was a great deal of interest with other teams that wanted him as a FA.
Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->