Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Is everyone just guessing on the "he wants to stay in the East" stuff or is there a report of that?

He has played most of his career in the West and before free agency began his agent said the Canucks are one of the teams he'd be interested in signing with.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
not a lot of legit contenders in the east.. one that could realistically contend for the cup. tampa, who's D is stacked. pens if they improve the D but looks like both parties have been there done that..

then it's lot of teams out west.. something that could fit is the kings with their voynov (and maybe richards) situation.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Is everyone just guessing on the "he wants to stay in the East" stuff or is there a report of that?

He has played most of his career in the West and before free agency began his agent said the Canucks are one of the teams he'd be interested in signing with.

I think one of the reasons for signing with Penguins last year was that he wanted to stay in the East. Haven't heard anything this off season and he probably has less good offers this year, so perhaps he's less picky.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Columbus? They probably didn't even offer him 2M. A team has to have at least 1M in space or else they can't call up more than one player.

they have 3.7 mil with a 23 man roster. signing ehrhoff for around 2.5 mil and then waiving one of their lower end guys would leave the with around 2 mil in cap space, with 23 man roster. that's 3 players if they are smart about it, even without using LTIR space.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think people are underestimating Ehrhoff's ability. People saying he should be fine on the 3rd pairing. IF Ehrhoff signs here he likely plays top pair with EJ and Beauchemin slides down. Ehrhoff is really good.

I think people are also underestimating how much Roy and Sakic see in Holden. I truly believe they see him as a very solid guy for that 3rd pairing that can slide up for the short term into the top 4.

He mentioned taking the Pitts gig partly due to preferring the travel schedule for the East. Thought he may have even mentioned his family liked being out East, but I could be mis-remembering that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad