Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
As-is, our D group is improved, but not excellent, and one significant injury away from being bad again. With our existing cap space, if you can get a guy like Ehrhoff (being the most obvious example) on a one-year deal, it does nothing to handcuff the team going forward and certainly would be nice when a guy inevitably gets dinged up.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, one long term injury to our top 4 and were just praying that Bigras can handle being thrown to the wolves. If Stuart or Holden are back there again, were pretty much screwed.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well that's the hope that this year they are finally willing to plug injury holes with callup depth and not elevate scrubs. That part to me is a bigger issue than who makes the opening night roster.

Holden I agree is a pet and not going anywhere but Guenin I think they get his limitations and won't be so quick to rush to elevate him. Plus hopefully it's true that Tourigny was his key supporter. I don't think he'll get sent down but if he's the 7-8D and stays that way it's the best we can hope for.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
August is pretty rough, but for me, July is the worst. No football, hockey basically goes dead after July 1, and I have no interest whatsoever in baseball. It doesn't help that NHL Network is an abomination during the summer (and during the season, quite frankly). At least now NFL camps are opening to occupy a little bit of my brain. For the most part, my weekends are occupied up until the start of camp, so that will help, but the work days drag.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah it's kind of half and half, no football but hockey still doing the dev camp stuff and still some moves happening, contracts. So it's really mid July to mid August. By late Aug the preseason gets rolling, fantasy drafts, hockey news on camp should start to pick up by then. Personally I hate January too, it's not terrible for sports but is pretty much the mid grind on hockey and football once the Broncos get eliminated gets less exciting. I've tried to take vacations then to get through the month.

FoppaForsberg*

Only sports I care about are Hockey and Tennis, hockey's dead in the summer, and outside of Wimbledon there's no Tennis. September can't come soon enough.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
a traffic cone would've done as good job as guenin.

at least if you have to play as bad guys there, don't pay them much. that applies to guenin but he's AHLer. likes of volchenkov were available for 1 mil. yeah, he's not good but neither are those guys. this offseason there have been much better dman available for cheap. even oduya went for similar deal that stuart has.

Volchenkov blows. Not saying Guenin did a good job but you can't force people to play in Colorado. Can't predict the future of this off-season, last off-season defensemen were getting long-term contracts left and right, this summer the only guy to get a nice, long contract was Sekera. Sakic and Roy thought they had a player in Holden and locked him up early. No problem with that at the time. Sakic and Roy struck out in free agency last summer so they traded for Stuart. No problem with that at the time. Already having 7 defensemen on the roster after the O'Reilly trade limits what Sakic/Roy want to do with their defensemen, and picking up Beauchemin is what they felt was good enough. No problem with that.

mikem81

May 27, 2015
I wonder if some of the UFA's are sitting around and thinking "oh god I may have to play in glendale"

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Volchenkov blows. Not saying Guenin did a good job but you can't force people to play in Colorado. Can't predict the future of this off-season, last off-season defensemen were getting long-term contracts left and right, this summer the only guy to get a nice, long contract was Sekera. Sakic and Roy thought they had a player in Holden and locked him up early. No problem with that at the time. Sakic and Roy struck out in free agency last summer so they traded for Stuart. No problem with that at the time. Already having 7 defensemen on the roster after the O'Reilly trade limits what Sakic/Roy want to do with their defensemen, and picking up Beauchemin is what they felt was good enough. No problem with that.

volchenkov sucks but so do our depth D and at least with him we wouldn't still have him in the books. i'd take stuart over him but not with the 2 years he's signed for 3.6 mil and loss of 2nd round pick. FA hadn't even started when they traded for stuart. i surely had plenty of problems with it at the time. i liked beaucheamin signing. as well as getting zadorov, loved it actually. didn't believe we could get him.

and there where quite many people in hockey blogosphere who talked about all last season how spending would decrease a lot this summer compared to previous summers. personally i didn't believe it, assumed GMs wouldn't be able to save themselves.

the good thing is that permanent damage has been done and likely won't be done. and lesson has been learned.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I know Emilio Estevez did the Mighty Ducks movies but I missed him in this.

35Odu6x.jpg

FoppaForsberg*

Borna might be one of my favourite prospects we have, for some reason I just really really want to see his succeed. Seems like a great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad