Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I finally checked my junk email and I guess the DP selected a question I asked about EJ’s contract and the RFAs. Not that I expect them to have good information but if they are soliciting mailbag Qs I thought id TRY to maybe get something useful out of them instead of them choosing something inane like "Will Zadorov make the lineup" "Did O’Reilly’s DUI show his true character?" and maybe hope someone made a phone call. So yay, maybe some sort of "news" soon?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Chances are that Chambers won't know anything, but at least you're asking a relevant question and he will attempt, probably unsuccessfully, to formulate an answer. Do you know when the DP mailbag is going to be published?

Edit: Every other Thursday it seems. ... or maybe not

Last edited:

mikem81

May 27, 2015
This is really starting to bother me that the avs have not offered ehrhoff a 1 year contract.

Best case he buys another year of development for zads/bigras and plays very well on the top pair with EJ, worst case beauch and zads are better than him and he plays on the 3rd pairing for the year.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
This is really starting to bother me that the avs have not offered ehrhoff a 1 year contract.

Best case he buys another year of development for zads/bigras and plays very well on the top pair with EJ, worst case beauch and zads are better than him and he plays on the 3rd pairing for the year.

You don't know if they have or not. Maybe he's not interested in playing in the West. or maybe he simply has no interest in playing for the Avs.

mikem81

May 27, 2015
You don't know if they have or not. Maybe he's not interested in playing in the West. or maybe he simply has no interest in playing for the Avs.

You are telling me that the almighty sakic and roy cannot convince a lowly UFA to come? I won't have it!

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

The Ehrhoff talk around here was just wishful thinking, it really had no chance of happening. Would be super fun though, but yeah that ship sailed a long time ago

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really doubt they have much interest adding anyone else but as said who knows if the guy has any interest in playing here either.

The longer he goes unsigned, the more I believe that it's possible they try to get him (either on a contract or camp-invite). A 1-year deal isn't going to break the back of this team, and he should have no problem outperforming Holden and forcing him to the Press Box.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Yeah I was pushing hard for Ehrhoff a while ago but there are still a lot of UFA's left and the avs have two advantages as the training camps get closer

1) Cap Room
2) rosters spots

I know the avs have a lot of defenseman signed, and seem to have their top 12 complete but many of the available ufa's could easily displace part of the bottom 6 and bottom 2 defense.

I am not holding out hope for Ehrhoff in particular but I do think the avs will kick the tires if he is available in another week. There is literally 0 risk in siging a player like Ehrhoff to a 1 year contract. Money and Cap space is no issue for the avs (this year) and hey if he plays really well would make a decent rental at trade deadline time, though the avs won't be sellers.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think people are underestimating Ehrhoff's ability. People saying he should be fine on the 3rd pairing. IF Ehrhoff signs here he likely plays top pair with EJ and Beauchemin slides down. Ehrhoff is really good.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'd like Ehrhoff on a 1-2 year deal. It would maximize the chances of making the playoffs and help motivate Tanguay/Iginla.

I don't think it'll happen because Avs have so many defenders signed and they quite like Nick Holden. Also as a hockey player.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I think people are underestimating Ehrhoff's ability. People saying he should be fine on the 3rd pairing. IF Ehrhoff signs here he likely plays top pair with EJ and Beauchemin slides down. Ehrhoff is really good.

I agree and I think with Ehrhoff and Beauch they are the perfect mentors for Bigras and Zadorov. Ehrhoff had great advanced numbers and is a great puck mover.

I am not sure what the offer was to Columbus but I am sure if the avs offered 1 million more he would take it, especially this late in the game.

Ideally I would like them to get:

Ehrhoff, and then one of Tlustly/stempniak/Santorelli/boyes and maybe even Schlemko to challenge Stuart for the nacho's list.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
IMO the Avs are done adding defensemen for the summer. They will go into the season with Beauch and Zadorov on the left side in the top 4. A major injury could change that, but beyond that I don't see them adding to the 8 they have (but that is pure speculation on my part). I can't say I blame them either. If Zadorov is ready for the minutes (and they seem to think he is), it is better for his development to play a bigger role this season.

Now with forwards... say Boyes is still out there come early September. I could easily see the Avs bringing him in for a year.

He really wasn't good last year. Now he was hurt for a lot of the season, but Beauch was way, way better last season. When Ehrhoff is playing well and healthy he is probably better than Beauch, but it has been a while now since that was the case.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ehrhoff is a legit top-pairing guy and power play wizard. I'd love for him to come over to Colorado, but I doubt it'll happen. I'm shocked he's still on the market, especially after coming out and saying he'd take a one-year deal.

I'd rather not bring Boyes in. He's more of a guy who can fill in on rebuilding teams, like say, the Leafs or Coyotes. I feel like the Avs already have better players in those roles.

Now I wouldn't be opposed to some training camp invites to, say, a guy like Curtis Glencross who'd bring a hell of a lot more to the 4th line than any guys they currently have slotted in there.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I'd give Ehrhoff a 1 year 5mil deal if that's what it took. He would be a huge upgrade for our team and fit on the 1st pairing better than Beauch.

Ehrhoff - EJ
Beauch - Barrie
Zads - Stuart/Redmond
Holden

Jettison General Guenin down to San Antonio to lead them.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If somebody was offering Ehrhoff a big money 1 year deal, I'd have to imagine the deal would already be done. Not really sure what he's waiting on, but I'm sure a lot of teams have talked to him.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Neither of this go with the reports that he is considering a "low ball" 1 year offer from Columbus though.

Columbus is a decent team, their forward depth is fantastic and getting Ehrhoff would be a pretty big addition and would fill a major need for them. If Bob gets hot in the playoffs they could make some noise.

I think he most definitely wants to stay in the East, but the problem with that is that the top teams there already have their D set or are tight against the cap and can't afford him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad