Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I really cannot see why the avs would no call Ehrhoff and offer him 1 x 4 million. They have a of cap space, and yes a ton of defenseman signed, but Ehrhoff would be a great fit with Barrie and a great mentor for Bigras.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm not sure he would be a great fit next to Barrie, but next to EJ or whoever on the 3rd pairing he would likely be good. I'd guess the Avs have touched base with him at some point, and I would also guess that Ehrhoff wants to stay back east. All the teams seriously linked to him are in the East.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It's been three seasons since Ehrhoff has scored at over a 40 point pace. His numbers have declined the last 3 seasons as well. Regardless of the reasons, I think Sakic and Roy would be hesitant to give a lot of money and ice time to lure a guy like that here for one season.

Seeing as they already filled the left sides in the top four, I'd imagine they would rather see what Bigras/Siemens can bring in terms of trying trying to battle for a spot.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Maybe they are trying to pump his tires to up is trade value. EJ for drouin and then sign franson....ill show myself out

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'm doing another of those fantasy offseason exercises like we did on here and I've been offered basically Drouin for 2016 1st + Bleackley (with some incidentals on each side) and I cant decide if that would be a move Sakic/Roy would make. I'd think they would.

But then my lines get all screwy because I want to put Landy-MacK-Drouin together so then I have
Tangs/Grigs-Duchene-Iginla
Grigs/Tangs-Yeti-Rantanen
as my 2nd and 3rd lines

sometimes these fantasy decisions aren't worth the stress :laugh:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
EJ can only be traded for a better all-around defenseman (and there aren't that many). Drouin doesn't even come close. Hoping to see an EJ extension soon of course, but it may take a few more weeks.

I just realized Duchene and Winchester are fishing buddies. That's neat.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm doing another of those fantasy offseason exercises like we did on here and I've been offered basically Drouin for 2016 1st + Bleackley (with some incidentals on each side) and I cant decide if that would be a move Sakic/Roy would make. I'd think they would.

But then my lines get all screwy because I want to put Landy-MacK-Drouin together so then I have
Tangs/Grigs-Duchene-Iginla
Grigs/Tangs-Yeti-Rantanen
as my 2nd and 3rd lines

sometimes these fantasy decisions aren't worth the stress :laugh:

It would be nice to have Drouin with MacK again but he's not the type of player they are really going after plus not having the first for next year would hurt plus giving up one of our few forward prospects. I think we are still in a phase where we need more assets at our disposal and not to consolidate them. But you are the fantasy GM so you can decide to roll the dice ;)

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
EJ can only be traded for a better all-around defenseman (and there aren't that many). Drouin doesn't even come close. Hoping to see an EJ extension soon of course, but it may take a few more weeks.

I just realized Duchene and Winchester are fishing buddies. That's neat.

Yeah, apparently Dutchy was here in Cornwall this past weekend.

Also I didn't even know his grandparents were from here until I saw it on his Instagram :amazed:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It would be nice to have Drouin with MacK again but he's not the type of player they are really going after plus not having the first for next year would hurt plus giving up one of our few forward prospects. I think we are still in a phase where we need more assets at our disposal and not to consolidate them. But you are the fantasy GM so you can decide to roll the dice ;)

:laugh:

We are trying to "think like the real guys" so I'm in agreement with you. Plus, we are going to try and make this an ongoing thing with one of the guys running a month to month simulation somehow (I don't think that will work out though but I hope it will) so we can reap the benefits/disasters of our moves this year and onward.

Just so hard not to make that reunion of MacK and Drouin although I think it works better in Fantasy than reality.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
So totally understood that pickard has a complicated contract situation, but what's taking Hamilton so long?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's just dumb by the NHL on a customer relation POV.

Eh, not really. They don't have to cover the bases when there are sites like General Fanager and NHL Numbers that do the job just as well. All we should ask the NHL is to tell the clubs to quit with the "In accordance with club policy, contract terms were not disclosed" nonsense. I'm glad more of them are being forthcoming, like the post-Lou Devils, but the NHL just needs to tell these clubs to cut the crap.

And furthermore, if their foray into advanced stats is any indication, it wouldn't necessarily be that good anyway.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
:laugh:

We are trying to "think like the real guys" so I'm in agreement with you. Plus, we are going to try and make this an ongoing thing with one of the guys running a month to month simulation somehow (I don't think that will work out though but I hope it will) so we can reap the benefits/disasters of our moves this year and onward.

Just so hard not to make that reunion of MacK and Drouin although I think it works better in Fantasy than reality.

Yeah I hear ya that having actual players trumps futures in this sort of thing.

I think Euro camps start soon don't they, so if guys are going to go it should be soon. I think all our AHL guys will be back, unless they've all decided to retire. (I mean AHL contract guys like Schumacher, Ryan, etc)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't blame them for sticking to their guns with Hamilton. There's not enough incentive to offer more than they're comfortable with in the AHL. There will be a Hamilton equivalent fall to them on waivers in short order during the season if they need another depth forward.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Eh, not really. They don't have to cover the bases when there are sites like General Fanager and NHL Numbers that do the job just as well. All we should ask the NHL is to tell the clubs to quit with the "In accordance with club policy, contract terms were not disclosed" nonsense. I'm glad more of them are being forthcoming, like the post-Lou Devils, but the NHL just needs to tell these clubs to cut the crap.

And furthermore, if their foray into advanced stats is any indication, it wouldn't necessarily be that good anyway.

It would be nice to have an official source. They have the raw data regarding contracts, it would be nothing to provide the content. I have not explored the alternatives to Capgeek but it seems to be that is no "dominant" site at the moment. I’d like to have a great one stop shop for cap data.

I think its a joke that the NHL did not do capgeek before capgeek.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We get the info anyway, sure having it "official" would be nice but the system as it now works. They are just letting the other sites have the traffic and eyeballs. I'd rather worry about getting something we don't have.

General Fanager and Hockeys Cap are about even, same info. Both project the roster a bit different. Sure I wish we just had capgeek but it's like 90-95% equivalent.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
We get the info anyway, sure having it "official" would be nice but the system as it now works. They are just letting the other sites have the traffic and eyeballs. I'd rather worry about getting something we don't have.

General Fanager and Hockeys Cap are about even, same info. Both project the roster a bit different. Sure I wish we just had capgeek but it's like 90-95% equivalent.

All I miss is the armchair feature. Was fun to play around with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad