Speculation: Off-Season 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Well speaking for myself, I definitely wouldn't be averse to Gormley for Connolly straight up. But I was just going off of previous convos with Bolts fans regarding their D, e.g. they're looking for a RHD, preferably a thumper.

I think Panik for Stone makes more sense from a value standpoint on our end, and I agree that with Connolly it has to be for Gormley.

Seriously... such good trading partners. I hope SFY is reading this.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why would we trade Connolly straight up for Gormley? If we wanted Gormley we could've just drafted him instead. Connolly has done nothing to lower his value and Gormley hasn't raised his stock that much. Phoenix would've have to add much but it's not even. We also need a RHD more anyway, would hate to lose Panik but Stone would be a an upgrade on Gudas on the third pair and possibly push Brewer out of the top 4.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I think Panik for Stone makes more sense from a value standpoint on our end, and I agree that with Connolly it has to be for Gormley.

Seriously... such good trading partners. I hope SFY is reading this.

Though Panik for Stone and Gormley for Connolly are two moves I'd consider, whom could be had for Rundblad?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Interesting to hear Esposito say "Ownership wants Weimer" at the 97 Draft when talking a deal with the Islanders and Milbury. The Lightning then draft Weimer (essentially a bust), the Islanders take Eric Brewer.

TB took Paul Mara that year, Espo said ownership wanted to keep Weimer. TB drafted him in 94'.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Though Panik for Stone and Gormley for Connolly are two moves I'd consider, whom could be had for Rundblad?

JT Brown + 3rd 2014. Rundblad is too high a bust risk for one of our top forwards (Panik/Connolly/Kucherov).

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/06/03/nhl-snapshots-nhl-goalie-market-remains-wide-open

League sources say the No. 1 goalie market is wide open with Philadelphia, Florida, Edmonton, Washington, Buffalo, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Calgary, Minnesota and the Islanders trying to decide on a direction to take.

This is weird. If (and it's a big if) there's a goalie the Lightning might be interested via free agency, I think it would be Emery. Can't see the Lightning being interested or at least ready to pay for another goaltender via trade.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/06/03/nhl-snapshots-nhl-goalie-market-remains-wide-open

This is weird. If (and it's a big if) there's a goalie the Lightning might be interested via free agency, I think it would be Emery. Can't see the Lightning being interested or at least ready to pay for another goaltender via trade.

Unless we're moving Lindback (which doesn't make sense)... actually, none of this makes sense.

I'm going to chalk this up to BS and move on.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Consider the source guys.

It's the Ottawa Sun and Bruce Garrioch. I'm not sure how accurate he is with anybody else, but his track record on anything Lightning related is Eklundesque.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Consider the source guys.

It's the Ottawa Sun and Bruce Garrioch. I'm not sure how accurate he is with anybody else, but his track record on anything Lightning related is Eklundesque.

Sens fans keeps saying that take everything he says with grain of salt.

Garrioch probably doesn't even know that Lindbäck and Bishop are in Tampa.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Garrioch is an idiot. I don't trust anything that guy ever says about the Lightning. I take what he says about other teams with a salt shaker of salt, not just a grain.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
A bit OT, but I'm trying to get an idea of who the best defensive forward role players are on each team. I tried to set up some criteria to eliminate the more offensive two way guys in the league, and the young up and coming offensive guys.

Basically hoping to get mostly bottom six guys who's main role is strong defensive play, though it's ok if someone is a bit of a tweener on a 2nd line or something. Even if you don't think your team has any strong defensive forwards on the bottom lines, please mention who you think are the best of the group.

• Player can be a pending UFA - As long as they are currently with your team
  • Player must be 23 years old (as of now) or older - To eliminate young offensive two way players like O'Reilly or Landeskog
  • Player can not have more than two 40 point seasons in the last 7 NHL seasons - To eliminate the Bergeron's and Staal's

If a few of you have time to stop by this thread and add a couple names, that'd be awesome. Try to limit it to the two best guys, but if you feel the need to add more that's fine. Thanks for any info you feel like sharing.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1442643

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Thanks for sharing this. Nice to see people grasp not only how important Hedman is to TB's defensive corps but how well he stacks up against defenders across the league.

I'm expecting him to really surprise a lot of people in the next couple seasons.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Has anyone mentioned Bickell as a candidate to add some toughness to our team this off-season? I don't think Chicago will be able to re-sign him this summer and he'll hit the market as a UFA. So long as we're not paying more than ~3 mil/year for his services, I think he'd be a great fit (provided we buy-out Malone).

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Has anyone mentioned Bickell as a candidate to add some toughness to our team this off-season? I don't think Chicago will be able to re-sign him this summer and he'll hit the market as a UFA. So long as we're not paying more than ~3 mil/year for his services, I think he'd be a great fit (provided we buy-out Malone).

The free agent market is so thin this year that I could see Bickell being severely overpaid. What about David Clarkson?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea the FA market isnt a great one this year. Im thinking we will see lots of trades amongst teams this year. Especially with the cap number going down. Some of the teams with smaller overall cap number will be looking to move young players for more proven players. We are in the middle imo. We will probably have to move a Malone or Purcell along with some prospects to grab a defensemen we need. Hopefully SY can get a solid deal. I dont see us getting another goaltender.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I start to get the feeling Tom Pyatt is one of the guys on the table from us. I know I said it before and most of you disagreed with me, but he is very valueable due to his contract and playson a position we will have at least 5 players next season, if we get Mackinnon even 6.

Some teams will have a though time staying under the cap and Pyatt could be very interesting and appealing to them as he offers good shutdown quality along with some solid bottom line offense.

I know he is a very usefull player for us, but he has no longterm future here. Thompson will stay as 4th line center, Johnson and Vladdy will battle for #2 and 3, while we still have VL4 and Stammer.

I could see teams like the Pens having interest. Pyatt would be a serious upgrade over Vitale and Kennedy on the 4th line and could easiely play on the 3rd while Malkin or Crosby are injured (so always :naughty:).
On the otherside the Pens would look to sheed salary and maybe would have interest in Pyatt + pick for Niskanen or Orpik.

Such offers could be made from other teams as well.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Any chance we go after Gagne if he is not re-signed by the Flyers and we buy out/trade Malone? I liked his play back in that magical year of 2010-2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad