Speculation: Off-Season 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I always had a sneaky suspicion that an employee within the Lightning main office was disguised amongst us posters. Sign Drouin at all costs!!!

willis.gif

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Purely speculation here...Let's say Richards is bought out in NY and is available. We unload Purcell and his salary for a decent defenseman - not a big salary guy. We give Richard's Purcell's salary.

I understand Richards is a Center but does anyone here think it's plausible or do you think Brad's getting a little too old and we need to keep bringing up our young guys and let Richards move on....

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Purely speculation here...Let's say Richards is bought out in NY and is available. We unload Purcell and his salary for a decent defenseman - not a big salary guy. We give Richard's Purcell's salary.

I understand Richards is a Center but does anyone here think it's plausible or do you think Brad's getting a little too old and we need to keep bringing up our young guys and let Richards move on....

Why not just trade Malone and give Malone's salary to Richards. Rather have Richards then Malone. Richards was great last year for NYR, one down year doesn't mean he's garbage.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't see any reason to bring in Richards besides sentimental value. He isn't what he used to be, rather keep the spots open for youth.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Why not just trade Malone and give Malone's salary to Richards. Rather have Richards then Malone. Richards was great last year for NYR, one down year doesn't mean he's garbage.

Either player doesn't matter - it's just salary and I'm not implying that he's garbage just that he may be available. In comparison, he really isn't necessarily having a "down" year either. His stats are comparable to a couple of his past years had the league played a full season.

For him to play up to his capabilities he would have to play on the top 2 lines but since we have centers already, he'd most likely have to play on a wing.

I for one would prefer to have Richards over Malone and sometimes Purcell, but then again, maybe his ship has sailed already.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Ok, my two cents. We should re-sign Aulie and Labre. Both younger guys, who started kinda slow but both improved massively throughout the year. Aulie is a must resign to me, given how poor our defensive depth is, and how good he is becoming.
I just like Labrie. I think he will (and somewhat has) flourish under Cooper's style. He's just a bruiser, which I feel like we need on this lineup. However, hes not as important as other players if we somehow got a good trade for another power forward.
We should try and trade Pouliot's rights (someone may bite for him like we did last year) for a late draft pick. We should also try and trade Purcell for a legit defender. We really shouldnt be trading for offense people, given our depth.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ok, my two cents. We should re-sign Aulie and Labre. Both younger guys, who started kinda slow but both improved massively throughout the year. Aulie is a must resign to me, given how poor our defensive depth is, and how good he is becoming.
I just like Labrie. I think he will (and somewhat has) flourish under Cooper's style. He's just a bruiser, which I feel like we need on this lineup. However, hes not as important as other players if we somehow got a good trade for another power forward.
We should try and trade Pouliot's rights (someone may bite for him like we did last year) for a late draft pick. We should also try and trade Purcell for a legit defender. We really shouldnt be trading for offense people, given our depth.

I don't think they're talking about trading for Richards... more of what to do in case he gets bought out and brought in as a free agent. Still, it would be a silly signing with our logjam at forward.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
I don't think they're talking about trading for Richards... more of what to do in case he gets bought out and brought in as a free agent. Still, it would be a silly signing with our logjam at forward.

Exactly - trading for him is definitely not an option....it was merely speculation if he was available.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Luongo, Burrows for Purcell, Tyrell, Ohlund (Buy-out/IR to save Tampa money)

Reason: You guys get a very good goalie, a top 6 to replace Purcell, we get a younger RW for Kesler, a good fourth liner, and take Ohlund to save you guys money from the Luongo contract.

How far, how close am I regarding value? - Canucks fan :)

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga

Reason: You guys get a very good goalie, a top 6 to replace Purcell, we get a younger RW for Kesler, a good fourth liner, and take Ohlund to save you guys money from the Luongo contract.

Ohlund doesn't cost us on the cap, why exactly do we do this? How is this at all close to value? We have no need for either Luongo or Burrows - you're not saving us any money by taking Ohlund's and giving us Luongo's contract, you're making us pay more for longer.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Ohlund doesn't cost us on the cap, why exactly do we do this? How is this at all close to value? We have no need for either Luongo or Burrows - you're not saving us any money by taking Ohlund's and giving us Luongo's contract, you're making us pay more for longer.

Ohlund does cost TB on the cap, but they can move him to LTIR to get that space, should they need it.

I'm not sure what the rules are on trading injured players though.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Value is decent, saves us some money comparing the forwards, but the idea of Lu on this team has sailed.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
I think it's been made quite obvious that we're going into next year with Bishop and Lindback. I was hoping for a summer free of goalie speculation but alas, it was not meant to be.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Random question. I have a Stamkos jersey that I would like to get signed by him. Is there any way to achieve this by like mailing the jersey to the team or something, or is the only way just to go to a lightning event that he might be at?

Just think itd be really cool to get it signed so when I do retire it from wearing duties and frame it (next to St. Louis/Khabibulin) it wont be the only one unsigned..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad