Speculation: Off-Season 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I start to get the feeling Tom Pyatt is one of the guys on the table from us. I know I said it before and most of you disagreed with me, but he is very valueable due to his contract and playson a position we will have at least 5 players next season, if we get Mackinnon even 6.

Some teams will have a though time staying under the cap and Pyatt could be very interesting and appealing to them as he offers good shutdown quality along with some solid bottom line offense.

I know he is a very usefull player for us, but he has no longterm future here. Thompson will stay as 4th line center, Johnson and Vladdy will battle for #2 and 3, while we still have VL4 and Stammer.

I could see teams like the Pens having interest. Pyatt would be a serious upgrade over Vitale and Kennedy on the 4th line and could easiely play on the 3rd while Malkin or Crosby are injured (so always :naughty:).
On the otherside the Pens would look to sheed salary and maybe would have interest in Pyatt + pick for Niskanen or Orpik.

Such offers could be made from other teams as well.
I agree that he could be on the block. The thing about Pyatt is he was one of Boucher's favorites. With Coop taking over now, he has control over what he wants his team to look like. Pyatt's a good player but he might not be in our plans. Pouliot and him being scratched more so towards in the end of the season by Coop might have been an indication of this.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Pyatt is nothing special. I'd be happy to get something for him, and I think we will this summer.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Pyatt is nothing special. I'd be happy to get something for him, and I think we will this summer.

That's a shame. Pyatt was one of the only ones who brought hustle and heart every shift this year. Good energy guy. But if he doesn't fit with Cooper's plans, I could see it happening. He has decent value now.

Also, I have a signed puck by him that I won from Lightning Radio :(

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
That's a shame. Pyatt was one of the only ones who brought hustle and heart every shift this year. Good energy guy. But if he doesn't fit with Cooper's plans, I could see it happening. He has decent value now.

You're sad because you have a signed puck from him? :laugh:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
You're sad because you have a signed puck from him? :laugh:

Yes. People already ask who the puck is from. Since nobody is really that knowledgable about hockey that I talk to, I just say a Lightning 3rd/4th liner who is a good energy guy. Then, looks of laughter/disappointment. Now if I say a Lightning 3rd/4th liner that used to play for them, it's just... :(

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

I have a Steve Downie signed puck from Lightning Radio,hehe.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The problem with Pyatt is he's not good enough to be a #3C. He's got all the hustle and heart in the world, and if we could put him at wing I'd be fine with it, but he doesn't give us quite enough offense and he's not quite good enough defensively or on the dot to be a #3. Honestly, I think he ends up being our 13th forward, swapping out with Labrie depending on matchups and who we play.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Hoping somebody can answer this. What is the window for the cap amnesty buyouts? Can they be used any time before the end of the two year period, or does it follow the same guidelines for regular buyouts?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Hoping somebody can answer this. What is the window for the cap amnesty buyouts? Can they be used any time before the end of the two year period, or does it follow the same guidelines for regular buyouts?

Two buyout periods. This offseason and next. The procedure is the same with the exception of the buyout being a cap hit.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
When even Leafs fans are defending us against their own kind you know the trade proposal is bad.

But but the guy at Buzz said it!!1

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
When even Leafs fans are defending us against their own kind you know the trade proposal is bad.

But but the guy at Buzz said it!!1

Yeah this thread is like trying to explain a tree that he needs to move on and search for a new place, because you want to build a house on his place..... Won't gonna be successfull.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
What bout Letang and a 4th for that #3 pick, Connolly, Gudas, Aulie and a 3rd rounder?

Gimme another deal if you don't think this works

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
tumblr_mazvtnf97N1r5a2sv.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad