• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Why Kirill Zarubin isn't on the list ? he's the best goalie of this draft. Could be a Price new version...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
For the record, I wasn’t comparing McCarron and Lindstrom, just wanting to know more because I haven’t watched until those vids lol he’s good but wouldn’t be top of my list

Reactions: Tyson

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
In all likelihood we pick 6th or 7th. We were lucky to stay at 1st and 5th in the last two lotteries.

We are more likely to pick 5th than 7th but 6th is the outcome with the greatest odds. We actually have better odds of getting a top two pick than we do of picking 7th

And.....I don't want to hear a single whimper out of any superstitious "mystic" types that our past factors into the odds and we are due to drop to 7 lol.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We are more likely to pick 5th than 7th but 6th is the outcome with the greatest odds.

And.....I don't want to hear a single whimper out of any superstitious "mystic" types that our past factors into the odds and we are due to drop to 7 lol.
Yes, it's just that we're more likely to pick 6th or 7th, as a group, than we are to pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th, as a group.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes, it's just that we're more likely to pick 6th or 7th, as a group, than we are to pick 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 5th, as a group.

That is a weird way to break down odds and does not work as you could also say that we are more likely to pick from a group of 3rd,6th or 7th than we are to pick 1st, second or 5th individually. Partnering the 3rd pick with the 6th and 7th would not change the odds of picking 3rd OA.

We have a better chance of getting one of the top two picks than we do of picking 7th and we are far more likely to pick one of 1st, 2nd or 5th than we are to picking 7th. The fact that there are two draws which are specifically for the first and second slot in our case (and potentially the 3rd slot in an extremely unlikely scenario) changes the way that you have to look at the odds and allows you to marry the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks as a sole entity.

The 6 OA is doing all of the heavy lifting in your assertion and if we want to use that logic then we are more likely to end up with one of (1,2,3,6) than we are one of (6,7).

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
That is a weird way to break down odds and does not work as you could also say that we are more likely to pick from a group of 3rd,6th or 7th than we are to pick 1st, second or 5th individually. Partnering the 3rd pick with the 6th and 7th would not change the odds of picking 3rd OA.

We have a better chance of getting one of the top two picks than we do of picking 7th and we are far more likely to pick one of 1st, 2nd or 5th than we are to picking 7th. The fact that there are two draws which are specifically for the first and second slot in our case (and potentially the 3rd slot in an extremely unlikely scenario) changes the way that you have to look at the odds and allows you to marry the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks as a sole entity.

The 6 OA is doing all of the heavy lifting in tour assertion and if we want to use that logic then we are more likely to end up with one of 1,2,3,6 than we are pick 6th,7th.
you can group them any way you want, as long as it's factually accurate.

The fact is we have better odds of not picking top 5 than we do of picking top 5. Though the odds are close. It's akin to playing ace king pre-flop versus a small pair in hold 'em.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

The fact is we have better odds of not picking top 5 than we do of picking top 5. Though the odds are close. It's akin to playing ace king pre-flop versus a small pair in hold 'em.

Correct, my only issue was including the 7th OA as it is the 4th most likely scenario behind 6,5 and (1,2,3)

I voted Iggy, but only because I'm concerned about Lindstrom's injury.

1. Lindstrom (If cleared health wise by our staff)
2. Iggy
3. Eiserman (For @Lafleurs Guy ) ;)

I voted for Iggy because I like him and wanted to see the poll results lol. I am not dead set on him by any means and I put zero thought into it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Correct, my only issue was including the 7th OA as it is the 4th most likely scenario behind 6,5 and (1,2,3)

At the end of the day it's psychological. We have better odds of not picking top 5. So if we end up out of the top 5, I can't complain. That's what the odds had us doing. But if we do end up top 5, it's a win.

I guess I'll only really be pissed if we get the 7th pick. But anyways in this draft we should be able to get a good player at 7 if our scouts know what they are doing.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
At the end of the day it's psychological. We have better odds of not picking top 5. So if we end up out of the top 5, I can't complain. That's what the odds had us doing. But if we do end up top 5, it's a win.

I guess I'll only really be pissed if we get the 7th pick. But anyways in this draft we should be able to get a good player at 7 if our scouts know what they are doing.
This draft more than any other in recent memory there is very little to separate the 2 OA from the 10 OA and I care very little about the lottery this year unless we get 1 OA.

The 5th overall thing is meaningless and is an arbitrary line in the sand that is of little importance, especially this year.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This draft more than any other in recent memory there is very little to separate the 2 OA from the 10 OA and I care very little about the lottery this year unless we get 1 OA.

The 5th overall thing is meaningless and is an arbitrary line in the sand that is of little importance, especially this year.

I think it depends on if our scouts really want a certain player because they see separation from the rest, that the media haven't talked about.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

And those odds diminish even more for the teams that pick 6th and 7th….it’s not like we are the only team that’s effected by the odds system.

Can’t wait for the 7th in the evening so we can have real debate on who we should pick at a set spot!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad