Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2013| Flyers 1 at Hurricanes 2

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
In the defensive zone it looks like the Flyers are 4 on 5 all the time.

Is it too much to ask for a string of 2 or 3 nice breakouts without looking like a pack of wolves is chasing the puck carrier.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Tough one ! Lavy let in a easy one in the 1st, then Homer turned the puck right over to a player in the slot for the 2nd Carolina goal............Bottom line is the PLAYERS need to work it out .Our goal tending is a positive, hopefully our goalies can stay tough until the rest of the lads can get their game going forward .
I don't blame Laviolette 100%, but it's clear his time here should be done. Whether it's his fault or not, every NHL coach has an expiration date and Laviolette's has clearly come.

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Posted by Appleyard earlier

He got canned from Carolina for lack of adjustment:

"It's about changing to get the chemistry back on our team, to get the confidence back on our team and make what I would say minor adjustments in a system that really worked in the Stanley Cup year. But teams have adjusted to it, and our team hasn't adjusted over the last couple of years." - Jim Rutherford

Sound familiar?

Everyone here knows he will not change it in Philly either.

He has been a good coach for us... but the bell tolls.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Guys guys guys.... Know whats sad? We scored 3 goals and let in 9.... And goalies arent even the problem.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So, twice this game Mason has had players blasted into him by his teammates. We have a goalie performing well overall in a game, and this is what happens?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Perhaps the reason that Homer hasn't fired Lavi yet is because he's looking for a replacement? He probably doesn't want anyone currently in the organization and he can't just fire him and not have a replacement to come in immediately.

At least that's what I'm hoping for. You can officially count me on the "Lavi needs to go" bandwagon because even if this isn't all his fault, it couldn't hurt. There has to be a major change soon because even though it's early in the season these point could come back to haunt us if we miss the playoffs by 6 points.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Honestly, even a so-so season would be nice from the rest of this slop from the other Philly teams. Lavy needs to go. Wake up this dumb team.

Nice how we hung onto both Schenn and Courtuier and they both suck.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
I have watched an unhealthy amount of hockey this past week. I can tell you with the utmost certainty, this is the most disorganized mess of a hockey team in all areas of the ice I've seen so far. Goaltending is average. Only the Rangers looked similar in their only game against PHX.

This probably isn't a surprise to most but it's just baffling how a roster of this caliber can't do a single thing right.

Complete 3 passes in a row? I can't believe how many times the 1st and 2nd pass just go nowhere, don't connect, or just gets intercepted like candy.

Team needs a new voice, immediately.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
I was very pleased with Mason's recent starts. I like Emery, but I'm really hoping/logically thinking Mason would be more serviceable in the next 3-5 years.

Although if we could stop missing shots by a mile.... that would be nice. Along with missing shots, my biggest pet peeve, is taking a shot at a bad angle, it misses, and rings around and clears the offensive zone. Usually putting the other team on the rush. I couldn't count how many times in the last three games we've done this. It has happened a bit before, but it seems that almost every other time we enter the zone, we take a bad shot that clears itself out, and the other guys are on the rush.

"Get the puck on net" should be this teams motto while they're struggling to get goals. Too much focus on making cutesy passes where they're trying to thread the needle, instead of shooting.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Calm down guys. Slow starts can happen! I'm sure your team will be great again soon enough.

Last season, we started the season 0-3 outscored, 11-3. We start this season 0-3, outscored 9-3.

This team consistently has been a dreadful first period team. Ill-prepared, lacking focus for far too long, not just this new season.

We'll be great again, but not under this current regime where Lavy's voice has been shut out.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
:facepalm:

And so it begins

I know I'm overreacting but the hoarding of young centers while signing veteran centers is just baffling. Why do we need G, Schenn, Vinny, Couts, Laughton while ignoring actual positions of need?

This may be a moot point if Lavy is canned and a new coach can inspire better play.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Last season, we started the season 0-3 outscored, 11-3. We start this season 0-3, outscored 9-3.

This team consistently has been a dreadful first period team. Ill-prepared, lacking focus for far too long, not just this new season.

We'll be great again, but not under this current regime where Lavy's voice has been shut out.

progress!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad