Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2013| Flyers 1 at Hurricanes 2

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 15m

All you need to know about state of #Flyers: Kris Newbury has more points (1) than Giroux,Hartnell,Voracek, Couturier,Simmonds, Read, etc

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think the Flyers have won three in a row since the playoff series with Pittsburgh.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I know I'm overreacting but the hoarding of young centers while signing veteran centers is just baffling. Why do we need G, Schenn, Vinny, Couts, Laughton while ignoring actual positions of need?

This may be a moot point if Lavy is canned and a new coach can inspire better play.
what player could we have aquired that actually was available?

SchennSational1022*

I love Lavy and what he has done for this city and hockey team, but please, his time is up and he needs to **** off now.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
So, twice this game Mason has had players blasted into him by his teammates. We have a goalie performing well overall in a game, and this is what happens?

wtf was Grossman thinking when he drove that guy right into Mason. That was a ton more blatant when Hartnell checked the player that fell into Mason.
what a sad offense. one and done for the most part. this team must be last in the league if offensive time possession.
But at least they league in hits :sarcasm:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
what player could we have aquired that actually was available?

Yeh, tbf going into the offseason the things the team needed on paper were:

Puck moving D man.

2nd line centre... or 3rd line centre if Couts moved up.

Goalie.

3rd line wing.

We got the best puck moving D man available in FA.

We got the best FA centre.

We got a solid goaltender who just helped win a cup.

Yeh, I would have liked Damien Brunner or Mason Raymond for 3LW...

But we hit on 3 of our 4 realistic needs. A 1D was not realistic, neither was a proven 1# goalie.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
At the same with the first goal we getting hammered in our zone. He should have had it but a goal was coming either way.

yeah that is true. I am not buying the 22 hour turnaround either. Way to early in the season to use that. Offensively its the opposite. they just cannot sustain anything. Right now they are a organized mess on both sides offensively and defensively.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Sam Carchidi ‏@BroadStBull 15m

All you need to know about state of #Flyers: Kris Newbury has more points (1) than Giroux,Hartnell,Voracek, Couturier,Simmonds, Read, etc

See? Holmgren and Laviolette are geniuses. They brought up Newgoat ... I mean, Newbury and he instantly vaults to being among the team leaders in scoring.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Yeh, tbf going into the offseason the things the team needed on paper were:

Puck moving D man.

2nd line centre... or 3rd line centre if Couts moved up.

Goalie.

3rd line wing.

We got the best puck moving D man available in FA.

We got the best FA centre.

We got a solid goaltender who just helped win a cup.

Yeh, I would have liked Damien Brunner or Mason Raymond for 3LW...

But we hit on 3 of our 4 realistic needs. A 1D was not realistic, neither was a proven 1# goalie.
exactly. hard to really argue with that.

not to mention we have 2 good defensive prospects now.

streit and lecav have looked fine IMO, as individuals at least.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
You know things are bad when Zac Rinaldo is playing on your third line. And you know it's even worse when Zac Rinaldo was the most effective Flyers skater.

I'm all aboard the fire Lavi train. Whether it's all on him or not, somethings got to to change, and you can't fire all of the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad