Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2013| Flyers 1 at Hurricanes 2

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't want another god damn year where I'm watching more prospect games(CHL)rather than NHL games at the end of the year to see who is available in the draft. This team needs to get their **** together and start moving in the right direction. (Aaron ekblad would look sexy here though) but not at the expense of us enduring a horrible 82 game season

Also, just for the record, I don't think giroux being captain is or ever will be the reason behind this teams bad play. He is a heart and soul type player, just like Richards, and gives his all. It's not the players right now, the coaching is the problem. I have been a lavy can for some time now, but change is needed.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Its not the coach, but fire him anyway. I honestly think its a lack of talent in some areas.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 1m

Flyers have fired Peter Laviolette, per a source. Replacing him with Craig Berube. Press conference at 11am.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Giroux is lost as a Captain - but I don't think it's b/c he can't captain, I think by body language and the tone of his post game interview he isn't buying into what Lavi is selling anymore, he knows it's not going to work anymore... the system/plan is dead.

He's trying to drive a broken down car.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Defense and goaltending seem to fine on the Flyers but the offense stinks. The top lines need to be mixed up because what's there is not working.
Voracek, Giroux, Read
Simmonds, Lecavalier, Hartnell
Couts, Talbot, Schenn

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Defense and goaltending seem to fine on the Flyers but the offense stinks. The top lines need to be mixed up because what's there is not working.
Voracek, Giroux, Read
Couts, Talbot, Schenn

If Talbot is put at centre and Hartnell at RW I quit! ;p Talbot is an ass centre, and Hartnells main attributes are wasted at RW. I don't mind the lines themselves though... apart from Talbot in the top 9... Raffl, Akeson, god, anyone else.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
If Talbot is put at centre and Hartnell at RW I quit! ;p Talbot is an ass centre, and Hartnells main attributes are wasted at RW. I don't mind the lines themselves though... apart from Talbot in the top 9... Raffl, Akeson, god, anyone else.

Seriously. Starting to lose my mind trying to watch Talbot and now Rinaldo try to play that 3rd line wing spot.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Seriously. Starting to lose my mind trying to watch Talbot and now Rinaldo try to play that 3rd line wing spot.

I still can't believe that Cleary was the guy they were after. Brunner or Raymond would have been more logical. Tbh though apart from 3LW the rest of the realistic needs were filled.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Voracek, Giroux, Read
Couts, Talbot, Schenn

Couturier on a wing is a poor use of a player's abilities, and Talbot as a center would be awful

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
All I'm trying to say is the lines need a shakeup, they don't seem to be working the way they are..right?

Let's see how the team reacts to a new coach and system before doing drastic stuff for the sake of doing it. Lavi was constantly shuffling lines and if anything it hurt their ability to gel.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Couple of things:

A) As per LegionOfDoom91, our coach is a moron and
B) Schenn has made some mistakes in all three games. As you're well aware, our coach has a list of favourites that he continually plays and even though those favourites continually make mistakes, he continues to play them. Because Schenn isn't one of his "boys" so to speak, Schenn is made to be a scapegoat for the team's failures, much like Couturier was last season.

he made 2 critical mistakes that lead to goals over the weekend. He needs to be better

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Couturier on a wing is a poor use of a player's abilities, and Talbot as a center would be awful

I think there could be a case for trying Couturier on the wing for a time--maybe it sparks some of the offensive confidence that he showed in 2011-2012.

But I wouldn't put him there for Talbot's sake--and I certainly don't see the point in putting both Couturier and Schenn at wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->