Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2013| Flyers 1 at Hurricanes 2

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
At this point, even an interim coach would get us similar to better results.

Just get Pete out of the position.

Roo - "Just got to stick to the plan"

What plan do you speak of Roo?

Yeah I heard that interview...stick to the game plan of losing and looking bad while doing so....:shakehead

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Rinaldo smacking Staal was neat. Couturier did a good job making a chance while double teamed.

The thing is, he did it alone. That's the one thing I keep thinking of when I'm watching these guys: this is a group of individuals, not a team.

Edit: And Simmonds definitely looks pissed about everything.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Why the hell did I stayed up for this crap show?! I should have known better... The game against Florida is the only one I expect the team to get a W this month (with Lavy), but I won't watch that...

vkS3i7C.jpg

Hm. WitT 15 total goals on net Thomas will shut them out

Evergreen

I am waiting for that one player with the balls to throw the team under the bus. All I keep hearing is "we are doing good things, just cant score". No. You arent doing good things. 0-3 is NOT ok.

Yeah, the Giroux interview after the game was absurd. Not one meaningful quote from our captain. He said we just need to "stick to our plan" and that we "just couldn't put one in." Really? We were badly outshot, couldn't break out of our zone, lost every board battle, made dozens of turnovers, and didn't have sustained pressure in the offensive zone whatsoever.

I also hate how the talking heads at CSN haven't mentioned our horrendous systems. They just say we need to have "full 60 minute efforts" and limit the turnovers. These guys are essentially employed by the Flyers and are afraid to say anything negative about any other person in the organization. It's lousy.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
I am waiting for that one player with the balls to throw the team under the bus. All I keep hearing is "we are doing good things, just cant score". No. You arent doing good things. 0-3 is NOT ok.
It'd be one thing if they had played the Penguins, Devils, and Rangers and were 0-3. However, the Maple Leafs, Habs, and Canes? No excuse for that.

I don't hate Holmgren as much as some here do, but if Laviolette isn't replaced soon, he can go too.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Its pointless to complain about post-game comments. They will always be arbitrary and standard, nobody is going to start throwing around blame. Complain about the product on the ice.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
I also hate how the talking heads at CSN haven't mentioned our horrendous systems. They just say we need to have "full 60 minute efforts" and limit the turnovers. These guys are essentially employed by the Flyers and are afraid to say anything negative about any other person in the organization. It's lousy.

I always turn it off now. they are terrible.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It'd be one thing if they had played the Penguins, Devils, and Rangers and were 0-3. However, the Maple Leafs, Habs, and Canes? No excuse for that.

I don't hate Holmgren as much as some here do, but if Laviolette isn't replaced soon, he can go too.

Let me add:
  • Leafs on the second night of a back-to-back
  • Canadiens missing Pacioretty
  • Canes (no addition necessary)

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Its pointless to complain about post-game comments. They will always be arbitrary and standard, nobody is going to start throwing around blame. Complain about the product on the ice.

Exactly. Im sure the players would love to say Lavi's system is no longer effective and that he needs to go but they can't say things like that publicly. Just have to stick to the standard cliches until Homer and company do something about it

Primary Assist*

So with the #1 pick in the 2014 NHL draft are they taking Reinhart who plays center or going for a D-man like Ekblad? If Reinhart continues near his 2+ PPG pace gonna be hard even if D is a bigger need.

Ekblad is now being compared to Denis Potvin. He would go a long way in solving their transition game woes.

SgtJoseph*

Tough one ! Lavy let in a easy one in the 1st, then Homer turned the puck right over to a player in the slot for the 2nd Carolina goal............Bottom line is the PLAYERS need to work it out .Our goal tending is a positive, hopefully our goalies can stay tough until the rest of the lads can get their game going forward .

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Exactly. Im sure the players would love to say Lavi's system is no longer effective and that he needs to go but they can't say things like that publicly. Just have to stick to the standard cliches until Homer and company do something about it

Yeh, you say something like that and you are smeared for the rest of your career for being arrogant, not a team player, manipulative and a bad locker room guy.

You stick to the cliches and people jump on you for not telling it as it is.

It is a lose lose situation really. The second option is just the lesser evil.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Tough one ! Lavy let in a easy one in the 1st, then Homer turned the puck right over to a player in the slot for the 2nd Carolina goal............Bottom line is the PLAYERS need to work it out .Our goal tending is a positive, hopefully our goalies can stay tough until the rest of the lads can get their game going forward .

Lavy isnt making the right adjustments. You can soley blame it on the players yet each season we get new players yet same result.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad