Post-Game Talk: October 6, 2013| Flyers 1 at Hurricanes 2

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
Good- Mason,L Schenn's goal, We only allowed two goals

Bad- First goal Mason let in, Give away that led to game winner, we only scored one goal.

Ugly, Our effort, I thought Mez played a bit better then his first two games

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Seriously? He had one good shift on the PK, other than that he gets manhandled in the offensive zone every single time.

I'm still finishing up the game (2 mins left in 2nd, 3rd to go...should I bother?) and he had an offensive zone shift where he set up several shot opportunities and kept the puck in the zone. If anybody had hit the net on his setups it would have been nice.

Edit: And just saw another shift where Streit and Couturier both generated some offense.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I'm still finishing up the game (2 mins left in 2nd, 3rd to go...should I bother?) and he had an offensive zone shift where he set up several shot opportunities and kept the puck in the zone. If anybody had hit the net on his setups it would have been nice.

NOPE..

its just more ugliness..

save urself the 30mins.:help:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

Probably not unless you like boredom and pain. The third was a whole lot of nothing really.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Holmgren is too busy filing the paperwork to officially change our name to the Philadelphia Flyers 1.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's ridiculous that I'm getting excited for shifts that involve something like an offensive cycle instead of one and done opportunities on the rush, but here I am.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
They had a tough schedule, and Canes got Pp s and their goalie got in front of our shots! let's give these guys at least 25 games to gel.

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
At this point, even an interim coach would get us similar to better results.

Just get Pete out of the position.

Roo - "Just got to stick to the plan"

What plan do you speak of Roo?

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Why the hell did I stayed up for this crap show?! I should have known better... The game against Florida is the only one I expect the team to get a W this month (with Lavy), but I won't watch that...

vkS3i7C.jpg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He got canned from Carolina for lack of adjustment:

"It's about changing to get the chemistry back on our team, to get the confidence back on our team and make what I would say minor adjustments in a system that really worked in the Stanley Cup year. But teams have adjusted to it, and our team hasn't adjusted over the last couple of years." - Jim Rutherford

Sound familiar?

Everyone here knows he will not change it in Philly either.

He has been a good coach for us... but the bell tolls.

Wow to that Rutherford quote, WOW.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Good:
  • Mason made 34 saves today, if you include both Canes who were slammed into him.
  • No injuries.

Bad:
  • Everything else that wasn't ugly.

Ugly:
  • See above

I can't even get excited about the goaltending. After all, Bryzgalov was keeping the Flyers in games for the first 10 or so last season.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I am waiting for that one player with the balls to throw the team under the bus. All I keep hearing is "we are doing good things, just cant score". No. You arent doing good things. 0-3 is NOT ok.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I am waiting for that one player with the balls to throw the team under the bus. All I keep hearing is "we are doing good things, just cant score". No. You arent doing good things. 0-3 is NOT ok.

You do that behind closed doors, not publicly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad