Post-Game Talk: October 2, 2013| vs. Toronto. Johnny B. GOODe; BAD to the Bone; UGLY Truth

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
My final thought before I turn the page on tonight is Wayne Simmonds has to be the least dangerous man in the league when attempting a shootout/penalty shot.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't see why so many people are freaking out. If they're in midseason form and Bernier doesn't play amazing then you're looking at a game with 4+ goals easy. Mason played well, the D wasn't terrible, and the offense showed flashes of spectacular play.

Settle down people.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
My final thought before I turn the page on tonight is Wayne Simmonds has to be the least dangerous man in the league when attempting a shootout/penalty shot.

I blame it on the banana incident....PTSD..what else could it be...he is just like a zombie out there with his moves or lack thereof. I can't believe Lavi has had him on a number of occasions do shootouts....well maybe I shouldn't be so incredulous when it comes to Lavi...

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I don't see why so many people are freaking out. If they're in midseason form and Bernier doesn't play amazing then you're looking at a game with 4+ goals easy. Mason played well, the D wasn't terrible, and the offense showed flashes of spectacular play.

Settle down people.

There's nothing I love more in regards to the Laviolette discussion then people making it absolutely one hundred percent clear that this is about more then just any one game and then someone coming along, without replying to anyone specific yet speaking to everyone, and acting as if we're freaking out about one game.

It's awesome.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I blame it on the banana incident....PTSD..what else could it be...he is just like a zombie out there with his moves or lack thereof. I can't believe Lavi has had him on a number of occasions do shootouts....well maybe I shouldn't be so incredulous when it comes to Lavi...

I got excited & then realized who was the shooter...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
There's nothing I love more in regards to the Laviolette discussion then people making it absolutely one hundred percent clear that this is about more then just any one game and then someone coming along, without replying to anyone specific yet speaking to everyone, and acting as if we're freaking out about one game.

It's awesome.

Where did I mention Lavi?

Anyway, if people start getting defensive and think I'm talking about them then I probably am. I'm not going to go through and comment on every single persons view.

You specifically shouldn't be complaining about anyone else's comments.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Cabal is a good word. Underappreciated.

I'm awaiting a 75 minute "Loose Change" style video explaining why the play was an inside job by the Leafs organization.

Yeah it's one of my faves....

All I know is that if this continues I'm canceling my Cabalvision....oh and moving to Kabul :sarcasm:

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Defense looked surprisingly good. Coburn and Luke didn't stand out at all, and as a defenseman that's what you want sometimes. Mesz was horrendous though. I don't understand how he got so bad so fast lol? It's mind boggling.
Also Mason played decent. Bobbled a lot of 50 foot shots though. I expect Emery to play Saturday.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Defense looked surprisingly good. Coburn and Luke didn't stand out at all, and as a defenseman that's what you want sometimes. Mesz was horrendous though. I don't understand how he got so bad so fast lol? It's mind boggling.
Also Mason played decent. Bobbled a lot of 50 foot shots though. I expect Emery to play Saturday.

Not playing that much in the last couple years due to injuries.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Where did I mention Lavi?

Anyway, if people start getting defensive and think I'm talking about them then I probably am. I'm not going to go through and comment on every single persons view.

You specifically shouldn't be complaining about anyone else's comments.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
For anyone that is claiming we are freaking out about one game.... that isn't the case at all.

We are freaking out because we have seen the same issues that cost us the playoffs 2 seasons ago (getting owned by NJ), the shortened season, and our preseason carrying into tonight's game.

Our 5 on 5 play has been suspect for a while now, with this roster we shouldn't be struggling to score goals and finish. The lack of 60 minute efforts has been a constant problem. The goalie is left out on his own (last leafs goal), yet we keep blaming the goalie instead of the defensive system... how many goalies will it take before we start admitting it's the system?

As soon as a team pressures the puck carrier or clogs the neutral zone, the system falls apart, and instead of adjusting like the leafs did in the 2nd... lavi just keeps doing the same thing, no change except for mixing up the lines.

We have a good team, one that should be a strong playoff contender, I just don't think the team fits lavi's system anymore (since richards, etc left).

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
For anyone that is claiming we are freaking out about one game.... that isn't the case at all.

We are freaking out because we have seen the same issues that cost us the playoffs 2 seasons ago (getting owned by NJ), the shortened season, and our preseason carrying into tonight's game.

Our 5 on 5 play has been suspect for a while now, with this roster we shouldn't be struggling to score goals and finish. The lack of 60 minute efforts has been a constant problem. The goalie is left out on his own (last leafs goal), yet we keep blaming the goalie instead of the defensive system... how many goalies will it take before we start admitting it's the system?

As soon as a team pressures the puck carrier or clogs the neutral zone, the system falls apart, and instead of adjusting like the leafs did in the 2nd... lavi just keeps doing the same thing, no change except for mixing up the lines.

We have a good team, one that should be a strong playoff contender, I just don't think the team fits lavi's system anymore (since richards, etc left).

But it's not all on Laviolette, unless he explicitly tells the team to spread out while entering the zone to minimize the chance of a pass getting through to you, or to pass from the half-boards through 2 defenders to a standing-still teammate who isn't even facing the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad