Post-Game Talk: October 2, 2013| vs. Toronto. Johnny B. GOODe; BAD to the Bone; UGLY Truth

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
I really don't see the Laviolette complaints in this game. Just don't see it. The Leafs barely generated offense opportunities.

Special teams (which have been pretty good under Lavi) killed them this game. Add in a few missed chances at even strength.

agreed.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Good: Vinny, Streit, D,
Bad: PP, Talbot, Simmer, Lavi's non-adjusting game-plan
Ugly: Mason's GAA, Simmer's PS, Mez

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Leafs fan in peace here.
We got outplayed badly and IMHO were gifted that game. Giroux is crazy talented but when he is so clearly the focus of the offensive attack, it's easy to stop by collapsing on him and getting the sticks in the lane.
You guys have more than enough talent to spread out the attack but it wasn't being utilized.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I disagree, while Bernier was good the Flyers failed to get many quality chances 5 on 5.

And the new song is TNT by ACDC. :thumbd: Bring back Bro Hymn.

Whaaa?

The Flyers had plenty of scoring opportunities. Bernier played well, but it's the missed shots that killed the Flyers tonight.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I really don't see the Laviolette complaints in this game. Just don't see it. The Leafs barely generated offense opportunities.

Special teams (which have been pretty good under Lavi) killed them this game. Add in a few missed chances at even strength.

I think Laviolette was fine this game as far as adjustments go, but like I said before Rosehill in instead of Laughton and Voracek/Couturier playing with freaking Max Talbot are reason enough for me to hate Laviolette this game.

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
First

Vinny and Streit played great, Streit is like a shooting version of Kimo if that makes any sense

Mason got shafted, 2 of those goals he made 1-2 unreal saves, by it always seems to bounce perfectly to someone. Bad luck kid

Simmonds , I love the guy but holy hell

Sean "turn over" or "dump in" Couturier is literally the only two things I ever see him do. Step it up holy hell. I'd sit him next game for Laughton, just to put some kind of fire under him, looks like he has 0 drive.

Grossmann was a beast, as usual

The only time giroux shoots is when he shouldn't, and the times he should shoot he passes.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The way Vinny was playing, imagine Jake with Vinny and. Read ? Too bad you aren't allowed to switch things up mid game.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010

So... you didn't notice the point which the leafs adjusted to our system and took the game over?

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I think Laviolette was fine this game as far as adjustments go, but like I said before Rosehill in instead of Laughton and Voracek/Couturier playing with freaking Max Talbot are reason enough for me to hate Laviolette this game.

Yeah, I can agree with the lineup decisions aspect.

But in the end, I blame Holmgren that Rosehill is on this roster. Don't give the coach the option.

I totally agree theres no reason to move Voracek off the first line. I also am beginning to despise Talbot. First goal against is almost entirely on him. Horrible turnover then let Kessel free on the rebound

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Leafs fan in peace here.
We got outplayed badly and IMHO were gifted that game. Giroux is crazy talented but when he is so clearly the focus of the offensive attack, it's easy to stop by collapsing on him and getting the sticks in the lane.
You guys have more than enough talent to spread out the attack but it wasn't being utilized.

I agree. He was doing all he could but Hartnell and Schenn weren't much help.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Good: Vinny. Giroux. Defensive zone breakout. Hartnell was actually pretty decent, and Rinaldo did well in his role. I never noticed L Schenn so I guess he was good.

The Bad: B. Schenn despite his goal. Couturier's line invisible offensively. Failure to produce at even strength.

The Ugly: I did the "I'm not gonna panic" **** for as long as I could last year. In the end I was wrong, the problems with the team were very real. I'm seeing many of the same problems. I'm not going to try being optimistic until the team gives me reason to, and so far I've seen 49 regular season games of mostly the same crap. Failure to produce at even strength, only one team adjusting and adapting, and multiple players looking lost. With any luck I'll only need to watch about 5-10 games of this before change is made.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
1- why are they still dumping the puck only to lose every time happend last season and still happening.
2- Mez was just standing there in the PP and he had alot of space
3- 2nd and 3rd weren't Mason's fault
4-stop dumping the puck
5-stop dumping the puck
6-stop dumping the puck

Every team now realizes they just have to fall back, crowd the blue line, and impede whoever is supposed to chase the puck.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
So... you didn't notice the point which the leafs adjusted to our system and took the game over?

No, not really. I noticed the Leafs take the lead and fall into a defensive shell. That's not really taking over the game and it's not really something you can just simply "adjust" to. They still had plenty of chances to score and gave up few chances against.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

But in the end, I blame Holmgren that Rosehill is on this roster. Don't give the coach the option.

I totally agree theres no reason to move Voracek off the first line. I also am beginning to despise Talbot. First goal against is almost entirely on him. Horrible turnover then let Kessel free on the rebound

Don't get me started on Homer. Out of the whole organization only Snider really has more control over things and probably nobody has had more of an impact on the composition of this team then Homer. I don't like having Rosehill for similar reasons as to having Gill on the team.

The GM signs the players, the coach decides who plays. That's how it works or at least is supposed to work. So the blame is shared as far as Rosehill goes.

As far as Talbot goes, it's Laviolette's fault for saddling both Voracek and Couturier with him and it's Homer's fault for signing Talbot (who, at the time, was leaving Pittsburgh so nobody really fathomed him even coming here) to a bad contract.

People liked to clamor to get rid of Richards and Carter (who immediately won Cups after leaving here) and Stevens and now Laviolette. I just wonder when the clamoring will finally begin to get rid of the man who brings in and forces out all those people.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
No, not really. I noticed the Leafs take the lead and fall into a defensive shell. That's not really taking over the game and it's not really something you can just simply "adjust" to. They still had plenty of chances to score and gave up few chances against.

They pressured the puck carrier and clogged the neutral zone. It's almost exactly what got us destroyed by the devils every game last year and in the playoffs the year before... and in our preseason.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013

rosehill play a great game he try to fight orr 3 time
i think rinaldo-hall-rosehill is the best 4line in nhl

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Props to Vinny getting a point in his first game. Great assist. Hope he continues his success with you guys...unless your playing the Canes of course ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad