Post-Game Talk: October 2, 2013| vs. Toronto. Johnny B. GOODe; BAD to the Bone; UGLY Truth

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I didn't think Schenn looked as bad as some others, I guess. I mean, he didn't stand out as impressive, but I didn't think he looked much worse than most of the rest of our forwards, and at least he converted a chance, which is more than the others can claim.

That said, I'd be fine reverting to what most of us expected:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
(Talbot)-Couturier-Read

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I really hope Rosehill and Mez are out next game.

Mez is useless. He can't do a single thing but shoot the puck

Slot Laughton in on the third line and let Talbot rot on the 4th line where he belongs

Mez's first shift on the PP where he chased the puck around the boards and did nothing but get in everyone's way like the obnoxious dman nobody wants in EASHL was hard to watch.

There were about two shifts I noticed where it looked like Couturier turned it over while trying hard to get the puck to Voracek. He didn't even attempt to get it to Talbot...shows how much confidence he has in his linemate. Let's at least put Laughton in there to get some new blood on that line, maybe add some jump, and see what he can actually do on the ice instead of farting on his seat upstairs.

Talbot should be on the 4th with Hall and Rinaldo.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Our whole team sucked on the PP tonight as far as getting it done. If anything I'm more mad at Giroux considering he's our best offensive talent, best PP guy, played almost 10 minutes of PP time, over 25 minutes of overall time, and put up 0 points.

I'm aware the whole team sucked on the PP but individually he was one of the most stood out for me when it came to sucking on the PP.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Yup. Neither if them made horrible passes that led directly to Toronto goals.

It would be truly impressive if Rosehill led to as many goals against as Talbot night-in and night-out if he did that while only getting half as much ice-time (and less ice-time then anyone else on the team for that matter).

orangecrush8

May 21, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The good: Vinny, Roo
The bad: 1 goal on all those PPs
The ugly: Living in Toronto and having my blackberry go off repeatedly by my annoying friends/relatives who are parking their chairs on Yonge Street, waiting for the parade to start

Work is going to be a nightmare tomorrow.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Mez's first shift on the PP where he chased the puck around the boards and did nothing but get in everyone's way like the obnoxious dman nobody wants in EASHL was hard to watch.

There were about two shifts I noticed where it looked like Couturier turned it over while trying hard to get the puck to Voracek. He didn't even attempt to get it to Talbot...shows how much confidence he has in his linemate. Let's at least put Laughton in there to get some new blood on that line, maybe add some jump, and see what he can actually do on the ice instead of farting on his seat upstairs.

Talbot should be on the 4th with Hall and Rinaldo.

I agree. Talbot is a good 4th liner and PKer, but he's a really bad winger for Couturier.

Maybe Mezaros is getting PP time so they can try and trade him for Mitchell.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Leafs fans seem to be the only people who think Rosehill's hit was illegal.

I thought it was a minor, based on Fraser's spacing from the boards (which can be a factor). I didn't think it was particularly vicious or dirty.

Orr's hit was bad. Between that and Ranger's two-hander on Read, I can't see how any Leafs fan can seriously complain about the officiating.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I agree. Talbot is a good 4th liner and PKer, but he's a really bad winger for Couturier.

Maybe Mezaros is getting PP time so they can try and trade him for Mitchell.

At this point I don't care if we can get an equally useless player back in Mitchell, just get rid of Meszaros. Dump him, trade him for future considerations, whatever. Just get rid of that atrocious cap hit and free up room for Gus.

PHILLYFLYERS21

May 5, 2011
PHILLY
Leafs fan here that came in peace.

I thought Flyers played a meh game; Toronto was horrid to start.

Vinny will fit in very well in Philly -- he wasn't flying, but his creativity and puck handling skills are still very slick. The two other Flyers players that were more noticeable than others were Giroux and Simmonds for me.

I also want to comment on Orr. I read through the game board you guys have up, and I thought you guys might have missed something. Orr's crosscheck was a little high, but he was just trying to defend Fraser. Rosehill boarded, and Fraser's head flew into the boards, and he was completely out for the rest of the game (hopefully not a concussion..), Leafs were playing with 4-5D for the whole third period, I believe. so rewatch that? :/

Anyways, good game!
There are ways to defend a player and thats not one I hope Orr is suspended.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Talbot shouldn't be in the top 9.

I would like to see Jake and Schenn together again, maybe with G.

Vinny and Read were pretty good as was Streit, Kimmo and Grossmann. The whole d actually was pretty good outside of Mez.

Oh and I don't like Lavi.

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
Rosehill's hit was late, Orr's hit was uncalled for, both got penalized for the play. No suspension. If Rosehill doesn't get his arm up in time, Orr probably gets a handful of games.

Ilya Bryzastor

May 13, 2013
Philadelphia
I agree with this.

If you don't understand what he means by that, it's probably better that you read and listen then comment and enforce your own opinion.

I know what he meant , had nothing to do with my comment , it is a fresh season give it some games before blaming Lavy and his system.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well sitting between the benches was pretty damn cool. I was wearing the Lecavalier jersey. McCrossin gave my little brother Voracek's broken stick which was pretty cool.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Why is it that no matter the personnel that is brought in here we see the same script......we get tons of chances and can't finish and the opposing goalie looks like a vezina candidate even when it's a backup. Worse we still can't play 60 mins. Then you have people claiming tonight that Lavi and his system wasn't necessarily the problem..just one of execution/finishing. Well dammit we've heard this same excuse now for too many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->