Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 3: Scott Laughton back to juniors; Oct. 23: Kris Newbury sent to Phantoms (AHL)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would prefer him in an everday line-up over Rosehill but that's not saying much.

He's likely taking Rosehill's place this weekend.

Contrary to popular to belief I don't think the Flyers even see Rosehill as an everyday player. Even with all the injuries last year towards the home stretch he was sitting out games against the non-tough teams.

MountainHawk

Sep 29, 2005
Salem, MA
Has ADK gotten better? Haven't follow the moves down there, but I sort of assumed they were going to be a joke until they moved back to Allentown.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
lol i think is a great line

yeah #13 forward

the 4line rinaldo-hall-rosehill is one of the best 4line in nhl

That's because you overvalue fighting.

Nope, there's a reason he's been a career AHLer up to this point.

That's not even the best possible 4th line out of all the Flyers 50 man roster let alone the entire NHL.

CTU2fan

Jul 12, 2009
Obviously nobody wants Newbury playing regular minutes (or any minutes), but I'll hold off killing this move for a bit. There may be other move(s) coming, whether it's Raffi or Akeson, or even a deal for a veteran forward for the 3rd line.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
why? montreal have moen prust and possible white
rinaldo vs white
moen vs newbury
prust vs rosehill

good 4line vs 4line

They keep score by how many times the puck crosses the line in the net not by who wins the most fights but for arguments sake:

Rinaldo vs. White
Hartnell vs. Moen
Simmonds vs. Prust

Or you could just always ignore them....

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Give the kid a chance he was a big time scorer in junior and in the minors. A kid thats tough and could potentially score if the opportunity comes could be a great addition on a 4th line with Rinaldo and Hall. If he does nothing after a few games then complain.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
He's likely taking Rosehill's place this weekend.

Contrary to popular to belief I don't think the Flyers even see Rosehill as an everyday player. Even with all the injuries last year towards the home stretch he was sitting out games against the non-tough teams.

I was just saying that while I wish someone other then Newbury got the call the team should be better for it cause now Rosehill can sit and watch games from the pressbox most games.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Give the kid a chance he was a big time scorer in junior and in the minors. A kid thats tough and could potentially score if the opportunity comes could be a great addition on a 4th line with Rinaldo and Hall. If he does nothing after a few games then complain.

He's not a kid he's 31, everyone knows what he brings to the table. He's better then Rosehill though

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

and that hasn't translated to the NHL. Talbot was a 100 pt scorer in junior.

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area

I agree, the Newbury hate is way out of control.. Hes been fine as an NHL 4th liner in spot duty. He actually has a little bit of skill, hes not a turd. Id take him over some soft euro that doesnt score, hit or fight.. hes better than Sestito and people seemed to like him in the lineup last year when he got chances.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

If he was a 'kid' I would. But he has shown before when given chances on third lines he was not up to the cut and could not get points there, he is not great defensively either. That is why he has had 7 years in and out of the NHL. Not good enough for first two lines offensively, not good enough for 3rd defensively. He brings nothing to an NHL team apart from fists sadly.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If he was a 'kid' I would. But he has shown before when given chances on third lines he was not up to the cut and could not get points there, he is not great defensively either. That is why he has had 7 years in and out of the NHL. Not good enough for first two lines offensively, not good enough for 3rd defensively. He brings nothing to an NHL team.

He is what he is at this point a career AHLer who fills in a handful of games a year in the NHL.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

Literally almost every NHL player, if not every NHL player, can say the same thing. Even AHL ones can say that.

I agree, the Newbury hate is way out of control.. Hes been fine as an NHL 4th liner in spot duty. He actually has a little bit of skill, hes not a turd. Id take him over some soft euro that doesnt score, hit or fight.. hes better than Sestito and people seemed to like him in the lineup last year when he got chances.

If he was "fine" for a 4th liner and good for more then fists he wouldn't be a 31 year-old with less then one season's worth of games played over a career that spans 8 seasons worth of call-ups.

Don't know what kind of blinders you have on to think otherwise.

a 4line rosehill-newbury-rinaldo is better that a 4line wellwood-nodl-zolnierczyk

Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Laughton just finished his first game back & had a 4 point night (2G, 2A).

I understand why they did it but I would have loved to see this kid play here for the nine games. He would have been better served to play in the AHL but rules are rules. Who knows, he may make them reconsider if he keeps this up. Go get em Scott!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I understand why they did it but I would have loved to see this kid play here for the nine games. He would have been better served to play in the AHL but rules are rules. Who knows, he may make them reconsider if he keeps this up. Go get em Scott!

I figured he would stay but I trust the Flyers opinion when it comes to forward prospects so I have no complaints.

It seems like the Flyers are starting a trend of not rushing guys as of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad