Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 3: Scott Laughton back to juniors; Oct. 23: Kris Newbury sent to Phantoms (AHL)

Calderone

old time hockey
Oct 18, 2008
Philly Metro Area
And why is Adam F'in Hall still here?! They waived him for a reason. I like Newbury, hes a great 4th line guy, but not even giving Laughton one game is ridiculous.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I thought Laughton was really up for good. Even our allwise GM thought he was going to be in the NHL this year.
I guess I can deal with Laughton going back to junior. what can you do.

But Kris Newbury replaces him on the roster?

LIRL

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Our fourth line will now consist of three of Hall, Rinaldo, Rosehill, and Newbury. Two non-NHL'ers and two fringe NHL'ers. Beautiful.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Our fourth line will now consist of three of Hall, Rinaldo, Rosehill, and Newbury. Two non-NHL'ers and two fringe NHL'ers. Beautiful.

i really dont have an issue with Hall and Rinaldo. both players can play in the NHL.
Rosehill and Newbury suck. If the team felt that Laughton wasnt ready fine. but replacing him on the roster with a AHL lifer? I dont agree with it

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Another head scratcher. Newbury is a good AHLer, but he is not an NHL player.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Hmmm from what I heard it doesn't sound like he has anything more to prove in juniors. So what if he only gets fourth line minutes, give the kid NHL experience. He brought some good energy last year I thought.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
i really dont have an issue with Hall and Rinaldo. both players can play in the NHL.
Rosehill and Newbury suck. If the team felt that Laughton wasnt ready fine. but replacing him on the roster with a AHL lifer? I dont agree with it

Both are borderline NHL players though. Yeah they can play, but would you trust them being on the ice against anything but the other team's fourth line? I wouldn't, especially if Rosehill or Newbury are out there with them.

BillDineen

Aug 9, 2009
So if a forward is injured, our third line becomes previous year's fourth, Talbot-Couturier-Z and the 4th is the "easy to clear waivers" line of Newbury-Hall-Rosehill??? That is scary.

I wasn't in the sign Gags boat, but he would certainly make a better 13th forward at least.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Hmmm from what I heard it doesn't sound like he has anything more to prove in juniors. So what if he only gets fourth line minutes, give the kid NHL experience. He brought some good energy last year I thought.

He needs to play. If he was old enough i'd say put him in the AHL but since hes not he needs to go back to Juniors

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Good to see, wanted no part of Lavy misusing Laughton all year. Go back to Jr and WJHC and dominate :handclap:

Use Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo as the 4th line and upgrade that 3rd line winger spot, but Newbury ???????:help:

Sadly Talbot is there to stay at 3rd line wing in Lavy World :rant:

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I'm totally okay with Laughton spending more time in juniors.

That said, I wish one of our potential top 9 forwards, mostly McGinn, could separate himself from the heard and earn an NHL top 9 role. That way Talbot could go back to the 4th line. Then we could finally end this charade.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I'm totally okay with Laughton spending more time in juniors.

That said, I wish one of our potential top 9 forwards, mostly McGinn, could separate himself from the heard and earn an NHL top 9 role. That way Talbot could go back to the 4th line. Then we could finally end this charade.

What hurts is that whoever is that top 9 forward needs to kill penalties which mcginn can't

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Both are borderline NHL players though. Yeah they can play, but would you trust them being on the ice against anything but the other team's fourth line? I wouldn't, especially if Rosehill or Newbury are out there with them.

probably not, but you can say that about most teams 4th line.
But Hall and Rinaldo have shown they can play. they each bring something to the rink. yeah you wont get any offense out of either guy but i dont mind them on the 4th line.
I dont have an issue with sending Laughton down. Surprised? yes I was. I just dont get or dont like having Rosehill and Newbury on this roster.

BillDineen

Aug 9, 2009
So does this mean the pre camp much anticipated battle for the last forward spot among McGinn, Straka, Akeson, etc. was won by Newbury? Really sad no one stepped up.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank God we didn't sign Gagne, how else could we watch Newbury if we had?

I guess this means Talbot stays on the 3rd line. Don't look for any offense on that front.

BillDineen

Aug 9, 2009
Voracek should be with G and Hartnell, Read looks good with Vinny and Simmonds. That leaves B. Schenn Couturier Talbot as the third, which I don't like and Z+ two others on the fourth. First two lines are great, second two are crap.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
All this talk of Raffl, Mcginn, Laughton, Akeson etc. during the pre season and then we get Newberry? I realise that the guys I mentioned cant play 4th line duties, but couldnt Talbott do that and then just give Raffl or Mcginn a shot at the 3rd line? What would be a win win situation for me obviously is not slightly close to even being an option for our beloved GM.

PS. would have given Gagne or Cleary what ever they were asking for if I knew this would happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->