Recalled/Assigned: Oct. 3: Scott Laughton back to juniors; Oct. 23: Kris Newbury sent to Phantoms (AHL)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
One thing Philly should be doing is hiring former figure skater to help our kids become faster skaters. It has made a BIG difference in Toronto.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

Good write up by Bill and he made some really good points. I still wonder why they did not give Scott a chance to play his nine games. This team is really only playing three lines. Plus Talbot should be on the 4th line This team still lacks a winger or two and a take charge guy on the back end. Re-signing Timonen was a major blunder at six million dollars.:shakehead All in all I still think this team will get their act together. Get Vinny back and Giroux start to play like the star he is.

Thanks for posting Bill's article.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Couturier had 2 90-point seasons in juniors before getting drafted. There was no "developing offense" he had already done that. He would do the same here if he ever was allowed to start in the offensive zone with capable line mates.

Good write up by Bill and he made some really good points. I still wonder why they did not give Scott a chance to play his nine games. This team is really only playing three lines. Plus Talbot should be on the 4th line This team still lacks a winger or two and a take charge guy on the back end. Re-signing Timonen was a major blunder at six million dollars.:shakehead All in all I still think this team will get their act together. Get Vinny back and Giroux start to play like the star he is.

Thanks for posting Bill's article.

If Timonen was not signed, then who? They had no choice.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
hindsight being what it is I had no issue with resigning Timonen. Maybe he signed for a million or so to much this season but there really was no market in FA for what we brings to the table. I am not sure yet if they should bring him back given how he has played so far, but given that he has spilled blood and sweat for this organization I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on his play so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad